How can we improve?

Guest Chris J

The new design is all I'm after. :P

Me too :P I loved the one whe had before the board crashed (not this itme but the time before that :P, not that I didn't like the last one we had before the upgrade :P)

Ah, I wasn't around then, so I don't know what it looked like....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anything wrong with the way it looks the now?

You can constrew this one way and say that the members think that their is nothing wrong with the forum so just want it changed to their favourite colour, but it's like a couple of responses we've had for other "Have Your Say".

One of the questions if I remember was how could we improve the site to which one of the answers was they wished it was updated less often, but the background was varied every month or two because it got boring to look at if the site looked the same every couple of months.

So apparently it was more exciting to read the same stuff changing colour than it was to read new stuff in the same old colour.

No, there is nothing wrong with the colour. It's just that it's the Invision default skin, so the board isn't 'Unique'. That's my reason for wanting a new colour.... :unsure:

I think maybe if we kept it this way and gave people the option of choosing from a number of different ones (or just one) from the drop-down list. That way, people will be happy.

Personally, I think the site should keep to one colour scheme for longer, but that's just my opinion. It still rocks.

I have a suggestion regarding the Australian Episode summary section. I think it would be a good idea if it was possible to lock the topic after someone has posted the summary, and instead have a pinned “thank-you thread” so that other members can show their appreciation. This way all the summaries will stay in order. :)

I like that idea. And also pin the episode summary aswell, that way they're in order. Because sometimes when I venture in the episode summary threads there's a huge list of summaries and the last reply is all from the same person saying 'thanks' and nothing else. Not only does it just end up looking like spam, but it also messes up the order of the episode summaries and then people have to venture through pages looking for certain dates. At least if they were pinned they can be read in order.

I agree. I like the blue, it's sort of become the BTTB colour, just like the reds and yellows that Ryan mentioned are The Neighbours Message Board's colours. If you really want different colours, offer a choice in the Skin Selector, as Cal F said.

I think the header should match BTTB.net, however, just so that the sites are unified.

You should definitely stick to one style for longer though, personally I think it's better to find a niche and stay with it, such as the 1996 credits style you had a few years ago, I know I'd much prefer more content on BTTB.net than a spate of new looks, it can get quite frustrating when things keep being moved around.

I know this is for the forum, but it seems as good a place to voice my opinions as any. I love BTTB and have stuck with it since it was AussieSoaps then the split to Neighbours.me.uk and BTTB.net, I think I'm getting my history right there, but recently have become a bit downhearted about it. I realise you're all busy and bless Ryan and those who have been working so hard to bring those much needed updates to BTTB, it must become a bit frustrating for them with the changes. Oh, and credit those who write the articles/features on the things they write, as you do with the news.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I like how you've widened the homepage, I agree everything had become a bit messy. The only thing I will say is that it might be a bit better if the content was all above the fold and instead of focusing too much on the news and the main feature, such as the best couple results, have just the three most recent headlines and a link to the news page and then links to various features around the site that a lot of people, particularly newcomers don't even know exist. You have some really good content on BTTB, make people aware to it.

Sorry to go on, and thank you all for the hard work that has been put into the site, in it's various forms over the years. :)

Oh, and credit those who write the articles/features on the things they write, as you do with the news.

I believe that is something is done by me, Dan or Chris it goes uncredited, anyone such as Martin Cah (Tom Fletcher), the episode summaries currently being uploaded etc that is "donated they are credited.

Maybe we could have a few skins? I remember back in 2005 I used to use this Sandy/Orange one of Bec and Beau :P That seemed cool back then. I like Kat's idea of a new sub-forum for the fan fic area.

EDIT: What happened to Colleen's Vault? Or whatever it was? Was that idea dumped?

Actually, I think what would improve the site would be to remember that it supposed to be a Home and Away Discussion board.

Despite the increase in numbers, I think their is less discussion than a year ago and in a way is like a general hang out for teens with a slight interest in Home and Away

Removal or rethink of Character Appreciation Forum (which is promoting painfully little discussion)

The Removal of the majority of games in the games room, taking away some of the piffle that fills it at the moment.

Archived