How can we improve?

Guest Chris J

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok to what people said about post counts, I think that they are important.

To be honest I dont care if I have one post or one million posts, although, I think it shows how actie within the board people are. For example, If someone has 6000 posts, you know they are probaby quite active and are on here alot. In the other way a person with 1 post, might not be on here alot.

Ok that didnt make sence. What im trying to say is that someone who joined years ago, might just be as active as someone who joined a few months ago, and so post counts are a good way to see who contributes to the board and who doesnt.

Although, I have noticed how people do just post to boost counts, and its obvious. I have myself been guilty of replying one liners just because i simply dont have time at that point to make long replies, sometimes one sentence is enough to give your view fully i think.

Now, I may seem obsessed with all this "post counts" thing but I have thought about it alot.

I think that maybe an idea would be that if the parts of the board that are spammed alot could be locked but the more you are active and say post more meaningful things, not just crap, you should be alowed in there. then again, that would cause spamming in other parts of the board.

Maybe think about people who you notice allways posting one word or one line of total rubbish could have their post count suspended for a certain amount of time? I dont know if that is possible but that would make sure that they didnt spam because their PC wouldnt change, which is the reason for them spamming in the first place. then when it goes back to normal, they would be encouraged to write more meaningful posts so that it doesnt get suspended again.

Please tell me if that doesnt make sence, Im sorry of it doesnt.

Oh, and credit those who write the articles/features on the things they write, as you do with the news.

I believe that is something is done by me, Dan or Chris it goes uncredited, anyone such as Martin Cah (Tom Fletcher), the episode summaries currently being uploaded etc that is "donated they are credited.

Fair enough. I just like to know who has written things so I can thank them.

Your best guess at the moment is that unless said otherwise, it was probably me :P

Now, I know I rarely update with anything particularly exciting, and this is a two way thing possibly, with annonymity of the contributor, but I rarely know whether or not people are interested in what is being put up.

Now I know from the thing I ran last year people wanted spoilers etc and I can't really provide that, but now the "You Say Goodbye" section has been completed and I'm not sure if people were interested in it or not, when I announce an update, does the fact that it contains references to Viv Newton and only has one picture put people off. Has anyone read it?

I think the "You Say Goodbye" section is great. I've been meaning to comment on it actually, it's the perfect example of a good reference feature, you find out how the character left and the episode they left in. It's a great resource. The only thing I think could be better (although it's hard to know them all) is if you included the episode numbers of the guest stints. I suppose more pictures would be good, but I don't really mind either way.

I was thinking of that I could have a feature called "Be My Guest" or something in reference which details the main characters returning for guest stints. It's something I could work on.

Ok to what people said about post counts, I think that they are important.

To be honest I dont care if I have one post or one million posts, although, I think it shows how actie within the board people are. For example, If someone has 6000 posts, you know they are probaby quite active and are on here alot. In the other way a person with 1 post, might not be on here alot.

Ok that didnt make sence. What im trying to say is that someone who joined years ago, might just be as active as someone who joined a few months ago, and so post counts are a good way to see who contributes to the board and who doesnt.

Although, I have noticed how people do just post to boost counts, and its obvious. I have myself been guilty of replying one liners just because i simply dont have time at that point to make long replies, sometimes one sentence is enough to give your view fully i think.

Now, I may seem obsessed with all this "post counts" thing but I have thought about it alot.

I think that maybe an idea would be that if the parts of the board that are spammed alot could be locked but the more you are active and say post more meaningful things, not just crap, you should be alowed in there. then again, that would cause spamming in other parts of the board.

Maybe think about people who you notice allways posting one word or one line of total rubbish could have their post count suspended for a certain amount of time? I dont know if that is possible but that would make sure that they didnt spam because their PC wouldnt change, which is the reason for them spamming in the first place. then when it goes back to normal, they would be encouraged to write more meaningful posts so that it doesnt get suspended again.

Please tell me if that doesnt make sence, Im sorry of it doesnt.

I actually think that's a really good idea. Not sure if it'd be possible...*looks round for some admins*...

Oh, and credit those who write the articles/features on the things they write, as you do with the news.

I believe that is something is done by me, Dan or Chris it goes uncredited, anyone such as Martin Cah (Tom Fletcher), the episode summaries currently being uploaded etc that is "donated they are credited.

Fair enough. I just like to know who has written things so I can thank them.

Your best guess at the moment is that unless said otherwise, it was probably me :P

Now, I know I rarely update with anything particularly exciting, and this is a two way thing possibly, with annonymity of the contributor, but I rarely know whether or not people are interested in what is being put up.

Now I know from the thing I ran last year people wanted spoilers etc and I can't really provide that, but now the "You Say Goodbye" section has been completed and I'm not sure if people were interested in it or not, when I announce an update, does the fact that it contains references to Viv Newton and only has one picture put people off. Has anyone read it?

I think the "You Say Goodbye" section is great. I've been meaning to comment on it actually, it's the perfect example of a good reference feature, you find out how the character left and the episode they left in. It's a great resource. The only thing I think could be better (although it's hard to know them all) is if you included the episode numbers of the guest stints. I suppose more pictures would be good, but I don't really mind either way.

I was thinking of that I could have a feature called "Be My Guest" or something in reference which details the main characters returning for guest stints. It's something I could work on.

Yeah, good idea, although I just thought that with Morag you'd constantly be updating it.

Archived