The X-Files

Guest allibaz91

Lol!! Do indeed :D

Still love Jose Chung, though .........

"They showed up with two men in black. One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't quite pulling it off. Like, her hair was red, but it was a little, TOO red. And the tall man - his face was so blank: I think he was a mandroid. The only time he reacted was when he saw the alien's body."

Mulder: E!

:lol: !!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is for all you hard core X-files fans, that thought when Chris Carter said he'd do another movie after Season Nine Finished he'd lied or forgotten about it,.

THINK AGAIN!

The stars of the long-running X-Files television series, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, will be in the city to officially announce the next motion picture to spin off from the popular science-fiction drama.

The two actors, who starred for nine seasons as detectives Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, will also be joined by series creator Chris Carter and executive producer Frank Spotnitz, co-authors of the latest screenplay.

The film is slated for release on July 25, 2008.

Producers are keeping the name of the film under wraps but say it will take the always-complicated relationship between Mulder and Scully in unexpected directions.

this could be the announcement of the films Title

I've been looking forward to the next movie for months and months...

They've done a good job of keeping things under wraps, especially as far as the name is concerned!

I'm still finding it very strange that Billy Connolly will be making an apperance in it though....

Anyways, here's a bit of an interview with the creators from a couple of weeks ago:

ON TAKING SO LONG TO MAKE A SECOND MOVIE:

CARTER: Fox said “now or never, so better than never” and I’m really glad we did. We just finished ten days ago.

MITCH PILEGGI (actor, Assistant Director Walter Skinner): You guys did another movie?

[laughs]

CARTER: We only asked the popular characters back.

[laughs]

ON WHAT THE NEW MOVIE IS ABOUT:

CARTER: It’s six years down the road, so we’re true to the passage of time, so Mulder and Scully would have lived six years since the show was over. It is from the original idea [we had years ago] – it’s the story we wanted to do. We went to the lengths of working out this board, and there was this lawsuit that got in the way. Years went by, then one day I got a call from lawyer who said “the lawsuit has been resolved,” I said “great,” and the other phone was ringing and Fox was like “let’s make a movie.” So I said, “get those cards back.”

FRANK SPOTNITZ (executive producer/writer): I lost that story. It disappeared.

CARTER: It’s the best thing that could have happened, because I think the story we came up with and the movie we did is superior to the story we had and it made us work harder.

SPOTNITZ: We wanted the movie to work for non-fans as well as fans, but we wanted to honor all the work these guys did on the series and all the love people had for the show. So while this is not a mythology movie, this will be true to the show.

ON THE TITLE OF THE NEW MOVIE:

CARTER: I can’t tell you. I don’t know really. I know what I want it to be, but Fox has ideas of its own.

ON WHETHER OR NOT MULDER AND SCULLY’S BABY WILLIAM WILL BE ADDRESSED IN THE NEW MOVIE:

CARTER: It will not go unconsidered in the movie.

Also some brand new piccies! :D

xfiles24.jpg

xfiles25.jpg

xfiles26.jpg

xfiles29.jpg

xfiles28.jpg

Archived