Everlasting Love

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Six.

“Come on Kiah.” Martha said, holding Kiah’s towel as she drained the bath water “Come on sweetie, bed time.” She told her, reaching out and taking her hand, before quickly drying and dressing her.

“Busy?” Jack asked, walking into the bathroom after putting Rory to bed.

“Nope. She’s ready for bed as well.” She answered, picking up the sleepy girl.

“That’s good.” He said, smiling at her as Martha carried Kiah into her room, and watched as she came out of the room “How are you?” He asked her.

“I’m fine.” She answered, walking past him into the room, and immediately beginning cleaning up the room.

“It doesn’t need cleaning, Mac.” He told her.

“Yes it does, Jack.” She said evenly.

-----

“How are you holding up?” Tony asked Jack, at Tony’s house the next morning.

“I’m alright, but Martha’s not. She refuses to talk about the baby, or anything. She’s always grumpy at me, and she’s blaming herself for the miscarriage. I just wish there was something I could do, but she’s just locked the door, and she’s hidden the key.” He said, looking moodily at the table.

“Maybe that’s her way of dealing with things? She just miscarried her baby, Jack.” Tony said gently “She’s obviously not going to be happy straight away. She probably just needs time.” He told his son.

“I know she does, dad. But I’m surprised she’s not talking to me. She’s always doing something, she’s never sitting down and relaxing.” He said, looking at him “What can I do?” He asked.

“Just be there for her, that’s all you can do. She probably feels like a bit of a failure Jack, so don’t push her. She needs you on her side.”

-----

“Hey.” Jack said, smiling at Martha as he re-entered the house.

“Hi.” She said, piling the plates in the sink quietly, trying not to wake her two year old “Where’d you go?” She asked quietly?

“I just went over to dad’s for a bit. Hadn’t seen him for awhile.” He explained.

Martha nodded, returning her attention back to the plates in front of her.

Jack sighed, then walked over and quietly stood behind Martha, putting his arms around her and holding her.

She turned her head slightly, continuing to do her work as she practically ignored Jack.

“Alright, I think we need to talk.” He said quietly, taking her hand and leading her away from the sink, sitting her down.

“Jack, I really don’t want to.” She said seriously.

“You need to. You need to think about this, you need to talk about it. You said after the miscarriage that you wanted another go two weeks after that day. It’s been a week, but I won’t be agreeing to it until you’ve talked to me. What’s the use trying to conceive another baby, when you can’t come to terms with the one you just lost?” He wanted to know.

“Because I need to Jack.” She said, putting her head in her hands “I want another baby so badly. I love being a mum Jack, it means the world to me.” She said honestly.

“I want another baby as well, but I’ve talked about the baby we lost. You haven’t. I’ve talked to dad, and Beth. I’ve talked about it, and I feel better for having done so. But you’ve spoken to nobody, not even to me. Which makes me think that you’re not coping, and that you’re not emotionally up to falling pregnant again. There’s a chance you could miscarry again, and I don’t want you having to deal with two miscarriages at the one time practically. So please, if you want me to go through with this, then talk to me. Let me know what you think.” He pleaded.

She leant back on the lounge, looking away from Jack “I don’t want to talk about it Jack.” She said quietly, looking at him “Please, I know there’s a chance it’ll happen again but I really want this baby. I don’t want to wait.” She said quietly.

“I know you don’t want to wait, I’d love a baby now. But I don’t want you going into it when you’re not emotionally up to it.” He said seriously.

“I am.” She said, looking at him “Trust me I am.” She said quietly.

“Alright. Well, if you can talk to me a little bit about it, then I’ll do it.” He said softly.

“Fine.” She sighed, looking towards the kitchen as though it could get her out of this talk “Well, at the start I felt horrible. Really horrible. Part of me still does blame myself, but most of the time I don’t blame myself. I’ve come to terms with it, and I am desperate for this baby. This is a chance, a chance I’ve been hoping and praying for. Please don’t take that from me Jack!” She said seriously.

He looked at her, and sighed “Alright, I won’t.”

NEXT UPDATE: The results are in. Is Martha pregnant?

-Note- I was watching tonight's ep, and realised that Sam isn't so bad – When she's not messing with Jack and Martha. Well, not really lol. So, I changed Jack and Sam's relationship a bit. And Sam is 31.

Chapter Seven.

"Are you nervous?" Jack asked Martha six weeks after their little chat, today they were going to find out if she was pregnant or not, they'd chosen not to have one earlier, in case Martha did have another miscarriage.

"Of course I'm nervous." She said, holding his hand tightly "But I'm hopeful as well." She added.

"Well, we'll find out soon if we're going to be parents, so don't worry. I'm pretty sure Rachel wouldn't keep us in suspense for too long." He smiled, giving her hand a quick encouraging squeeze.

"I know we will. I'm glad you didn't tell anyone we were going in for another attempt." She said, smiling.

"Well, I knew how heartbroken you'd be if someone was to mention it and it hadn't worked, then the whole world would know."

"That I'm useless as a female?" She said innocently.

"You're not useless." He told her seriously.

"Alright, whatever, now let's just go and talk to Rach, hopefully she'll know."

-----

"I'm very happy to tell you that you are pregnant." Rachel nodded, smiling at her.

"Oh my god that's fantastic!" She gasped, grinning wildly at Jack.

"Yep, you're a month and a half along, which is great." She smiled at her.

"That's great." Jack said, grinning as Rachel quickly left the room.

"See, I told you it was worth another try!" She teased him.

"Yes, and I told you that you weren't useless as a female!" He told her, smirking at her.

"Hopefully that remains true." She said with a shrug.

"Don't worry, I have complete faith that you will." He said, patting her hand.

"Alright, but for now, can we not tell people until I'm showing? Last time I had everyone reminding me that I'd lost my baby, something I didn't need to be reminded of."

-----

~Two months Later~

"Alright, so this is your second scan, we should be able to see a lot more now, as the baby will be around 3 months." Rachel said, her eyes locked on the screen. A smile began spreading over her face "I think there's another piece of good news." She said, grinning at Martha.

"What?" She asked, hopeful.

"I think you've got twins in there." She nodded "I'm just going to get a second opinion." She added, heading out of the room.

"Oh my god twins!" She squealed, squeezing Jack's hand really tightly.

"Yeah, I know." Jack said, looking at Martha's shining stomach.

"What do you want, boy and girl, two boys, two girls?" She asked, giggling.

"I don't mind, actually."

"As long as it's healthy." Martha nodded to him "I know, I agree."

-----

"So I'm having twins!!" Martha grinned back at the house. Jack had made her have a lie down, making Martha take it very easy.

"Yes, you are." He nodded, his eyes alight with the happiness of being a dad again.

"These kids will be our fourth and fifth."

"And hopefully, our final ones." He grinned to her.

"Alright that's enough out of you!" She grinned back at him.

"Alright." He agreed, smiling at her.

-----

"So." Martha said, leaning into Jack as they sat in the sand, by the beach.

"What?" He asked, looking down at her.

"Well, what are you thinking?" She asked, glancing at him then turning her attention back to the ocean.

"I'm thinking that I'm very happy." He answered, kissing the top of her head calmly.

"I'm glad you think that." She smiled at him.

"I do, of course I do. I love you, our three current children, and our two unborn ones as well." He told her honestly.

"I'm glad." She smiled.

Jack smiled, then turned his attention to a slim red-head walking along the beach, followed by two children "Sam?" He asked himself, looking unbelieving.

"What?" Martha asked "I'm Martha. Martha. Say it for me." She said slowly.

"Not you." He said, giving her a grin "Sam. That's Sam. I sure as hell hope that Sam's anyway." He grinned, standing and then helping her up, and walking over, calling out to her.

Sam looked up, her eyes slightly squinted in the sun "Hey Jack." She said quietly, the two children standing around behind her.

"Hey. Who are these guys?" He asked, looking at the kids.

"My daughter, Molly, and my son Rory." She introduced the two "Molly's nine, and Rory's seven." She added.

"Cool. This is my wife, Martha. Martha this is Sam." He said, glancing almost guiltily at Sam.

"Hey Martha." Sam greeted her.

"Is your husband around?" Jack asked her.

"No, I'm divorced." She said, nodding her head slightly, putting an arm around Rory.

"Really?" Jack asked surprised.

"Yes. Is Tony around anywhere?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I can take you if you'd like?" He offered.

-----

"So, who's she?" Martha asked. They had Molly and Rory with them, Jack had offered to take them while Sam spoke with Tony.

"Sam's just Sam." He said, shrugging.

"Was she like, your ex girlfriend or something?" She asked.

"Nope."

"What do you know about her ex husband?" Martha asked him another question.

"Nothing really." He shrugged.

-----

"How'd it go?" Jack asked Tony quietly. Martha had gone to the beach with Sam, and had taken the five kids with them, with Molly and Callie bonding immediately, and Rory getting along with Callie as well, with Kiah and Rory sticking together.

"As well as could be expected. I honestly never expected to see her again." He said, sighing "I wish she'd just talk to me mate."

"She's your daughter, hopefully everything will get sorted out." He said, nodding to him

"Yeah, but remember she wanted nothing to do with me. I mean, me and her mum hooked up pretty young, I was sort of, bad, back then." He said.

"I still can't imagine you bad dad." Jack grinned.

"Well I was. I guess her mum never forgave me." He sighed.

"It's been eleven years since you've seen her, you met her husband didn't you?" Jack asked.

"I never liked him, though I didn't let on to Sammy." Tony admitted "She'd have skinned me alive if I had."

"I understand that. If you hadn't liked Martha, I'd have done worse to you."

NEXT UPDATE: Is there any specific reason Sam's back?

“I understand that. If you hadn’t liked Martha, I’d have done worse to you.”

You and me both sunshine :D

Sam is Jack's half sister, thats a relief. Wonder what her secret is :P And now there are 2 Rory's thats confuzzling :)

Great chapter though. And Martha is having twins. Im soooo happy now. Paris you are the best :D

More please :)

Archived