Everlasting Love

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooke was a baby whom was meant to be in the fic at the same time as Belle's baby. lol. Her baby was meant to be in the third chapter, but in all my updates, I'm telling you there is a 90% chance she hasn't concieved a baby in those chapters yet. And I'm a nice way ahead.

Chapter Five

“Nothing serious.” The netball court ambulance officer confirmed, nodding to Callie “Just a sprained ankle, but it would have hurt. It’s a bad sprain.” He explained.

Jack nodded, picking up the eight year old easily “I’m guessing that ends netball for the day.” He said lightly, looking at the slightly-more-cheery Callie, who nodded.

“She’ll be alright.” Martha said, smiling at her “She’s strong, aren’t you Cal?” She said, grinning.

Callie nodded again, as she sat on her father’s lap.

Martha picked up Rory, looking as he tried to run off, and she grabbed him quickly “No you don’t baby boy.” She whispered to him.

-----

“Let’s just hope it worked.” Martha said, three days later. They’d finally gotten the money for a round of IVF, and they’d just had their appointment. They hadn’t told many people about it, as there was a high chance that IVF wouldn’t work.

“Hopefully it did.” Jack said quietly, wrapping an arm around her.

“It’s weird though, with IVF, there’s a high chance of twins or more.” She said happily.

“Maybe we’d better not hope for twins.” Jack grinned at her “One baby would be enough, let’s not hope for more than we get.” He said seriously.

“Alright.” She sighed “I’m allowed get a bit excited aren’t I? I mean we both want another baby, and two would just complete things.”

“But two would mean we’d have five children under nine!” He exclaimed.

“That wouldn’t be that bad!” She laughed.

“I just hope we don’t end up like that woman, who had two sets of quads through IVF.” He said grimly.

“Hey, we’ll take what we get!” She said, poking him hard on the arm.

“Just not quads, and not triplets!” He said “I couldn’t handle it.” He said, shrugging.

“Yes you can, and if it comes you will.” She said seriously.

-----

“When do you find out if you’re pregnant or not?” Jack asked later that night in a quiet tone, they hadn’t told the kids yet, until they got a definite.

“Soon, I hope. It’s so annoying, the waiting part.” She grinned.

“And meaning you can’t drink alcohol.” He teased her.

“Enough of that!” She snapped.

“Sorry.” He said quickly, knowing she was on fertility meds, making her quite hormonal.

“No I’m sorry.” She sighed “I hate the meds, but if they help me conceive a baby I’ll take them.”

“Hopefully they do.” Jack said gently, taking her hands.

“I really want another baby Jack. I know I should be happy with the three I have, but I just love big families. Another baby or two would just complete things.” She said, rubbing her head tiredly.

“And, if this doesn’t work, we have enough money for another two rounds, Martha. If you’re up to it, we can do it.” Jack said positively.

“We can.” She said softly.

-----

“Checkup today!” Jack reminded Martha, grinning at her.

“I know!” She said happily, she’d been told that she had been pregnant after the first round.

“I’m thrilled, this is absolutely great!” Jack said, putting a hand to Martha’s stomach happily.

-----

“How’s the baby going?” Martha asked cheerfully, her eyes moving to the screen.

“Martha, there’s a bit of bleeding, it’s only very recent. I’m sorry but you miscarried the baby.” Rachel said gently.

Martha closed her eyes and leant back on a chair, putting a hand to her stomach with a sob.

Rachel looked sympathetically at Jack, before excusing herself “I’d better go check on some patients.” She said gently “Stay as long as you need, and if you have any questions, just ask.” She said, exiting the room.

Jack wrapped his arm around Martha “I’m so sorry.” He said quietly.

She shook her head “I’d like to do another round, not in a month or two. I want it sooner than that.” She said quietly “Maybe two weeks or so. We can afford two more rounds, you said it yourself!”

“If you’re up to it. I just don’t want you to do something that you’re not emotionally ready to do.”

“I noticed the bleeding, I should have done something.” She said, staring straight at the ground.

“Miscarriage can’t be avoided, Martha. It happens. You know that.” He said gently.

“I just can’t help it.” She said softly.

NEXT UPDATE: Sympathies for the Holden family. Will another family get good news?

Archived