Everlasting Love

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Four

ONE WEEK LATER

“MUM!” Callie yelled out to her mother “Where’s my netball?” She demanded.

“Where you last put it.” Martha said, slightly annoyed with Callie’s unorganized manner.

“You had it last!” She accused her.

“I did not! You were shooting hoops with Ella with it yesterday, then you went to Uncle Robbie’s.” She reminded her.

“I didn’t leave it at Robbie’s I gave it to you.” She said sulkily.

“No you didn’t. Stop whining and look for it.” She told her firmly, turning back to the job at hand; feeding the other three children.

“But we’ve got the netball match today and I need my lucky netball!” She protested.

“You don’t play the game with that netball. You just practice with it. You don’t need to shoot because your centre.” She told her warily, knowing this happened every week.

“So what mum it’s lucky.” She told her, glaring at her.

“Calliope, find the netball and remember where you put it. When I’m done with your sisters and brother, I may help you if your nice about it.” She said, turning back once again.

-----------------------------------------

“FOUND IT!” Callie yelled through the house.

“Where was it?” Martha asked, already preparing herself for the answer; under the bed.

“It was under my bed!” She yelled back.

“Like always.” Martha muttered to herself. Jack always managed to miss the morning arguments, because he was at work but Callie played netball every Saturday but not often could Jack get there because he had a busy work schedule.

“Ella’s here!” She called, running to the front door to greet her.

“Hey Rob.” Martha greeted him, smiling as she watched him walk in, with Roxy and Alli.

“Hi. Sorry we’re late.” He said apologetically “Alright you ready to head off?” He asked.

“Sure. Callie just had her usual fight about the netball but nothing major.”

----------------------------------

“Right, now Callie remember play fair.” Martha reminded her, pushing the twin pram along happily.

“Yes mum.” She grumbled “Lizzy!” She squealed, rushing up to her netball friend with Ella.

“Always on the go.” She muttered

“yup.” Rob agreed, smiling.

“Alright let’s sit here.” She said, putting her chairs down and dragging both Rory and Kiah onto her lap, Kiah leaning into her.

They’d been sitting down for a little while when they saw a familiar face walking around, he had brown hair and Martha smirked when she saw him in his police uniform. He was obviously on patrol but he’d headed down to watch his daughter’s game. She carefully picked up a decent stone, and threw it at Jack.

Jack whirled around when he felt the stone hit him. He looked around to find who threw it, only to see Martha smiling innocently at him. He smirked at her, motioning to Fitsy to head over with him “Look what the cat dragged in.” He said calmly.

“What, a scared policeman?” She asked.

“No, a woman who could be charged with assaulting a police officer.” He pointed out.

“Well it’d be being paid with your own money so do whatever you want.” She shrugged.

He smirked at her, then picked Rory up out of her lap “So, Rory, how are you? Your sisters giving you grief?” He asked.

Rory shook his head, smiling at his daddy. He was daddy’s boy, having Jack’s brown hair and brown eyes, and that same smile. He was a replica of Jack.

“Come on, they had to’ve been doing something.” He said, looking at his son in mock shock.

“No.” He said firmly.

“Alright.” He said, smiling.

“Hey Jack.” Peter called, heading over to him.

“Hey Pete.” He greeted him “What you doing so far over here?” He asked.

“In case your memory has been playing up, which isn’t surprising, my daughter’s in this team as well.” He said, pointing out Jess.

“Whoops.” He said, almost blushing.

“Oh well. Aren’t you meant to be on patrol?” Peter asked, looking serious.

“Oh well, uh yeah.” He admitted, preparing to head off again.

“Stay here for an hour. There’s a little girl here that needs watching.” He said seriously “She’s about this high.” He motioned with his hand “Brown hair, brown eyes, the Saints uniform. Goes by the name of Calliope Holden. Reckon you could keep an eye on her for me?” He asked, a smile playing on his face at the end.

“I can try. I’ve heard she’s pretty sneaky, like her mother.” He said, ignoring Martha’s eye roll.

“You don’t get to watch her much do you?” Pete said.

“Nope, always told to work. I try to get it off when I can but that’s not very often.” He said with a sigh.

“Well that can change. I’ll work it out so you can have patrol of this area. You, Fitsy and me. That way we all get to watch.” He said with a grin “I love watching Jess play. Claire is busy with work on a Saturday. The problem with having two working parents.” He said with a sigh.

“Fortunately Martha doesn’t work. You’ve just got two kids, we’ve got three.” He told him, smiling even as he said it. His family meant the world to him and he wouldn’t have it any way.

“From what I hear you’re hoping to extend you’re brood as well.” He added.

“Yup.” He said happily “Eventually.” He added.

----------------------------------------

“Go Callie!” Martha cheered her on. It was the middle of the game. She watched as Callie made a move to grab the ball but was bowelled over by a bigger girl.

Jack leapt up from his chair when he saw Callie hit the ground. He saw Martha’s hand cover her mouth but the coach was motioning for them to stay where they were as they rushed to her. He quickly walked to Martha, who looked worried “She’ll be alright. She’s pretty strong.” He assured her, even though he wasn’t sure. Callie hadn’t gotten up yet.

“Come on Callie get up.” Martha whispered, aware of Kiah holding tightly to her hand. She felt her heart plummet when she saw Callie being lifted by her coach and being taken to the sidelines. Martha didn’t care what the coach said then. She hurried up and ran, just ran to her.

NEXT UPDATE: Will Callie be alright?

Great two chapters.

Come on get up Callie! Shes probably just acting like shes really hurt like most kids do! <_<

No! I need to be more sympathetic! Poor Callie, i hope shes ok :D

No i am being sincere now, i really do hope shes not too hurt, i can just imagine what it must be like to be booted out the way by an incredibly large woman! Or girl whatever you want to call her. I was always small at school so i feel her pain! :(:D

Update when you get chance

Aww poor Callie! CALLIE IS NOT A BRAT! Just to make that clear :P Paris I can't believe you may have hurt her :( Not Callie...maybe Rory or Kiah but please not Callie!

What about Martha having a bub? I want her to have another bub and you said it would be in this chapter but it's not! :P Please let her have a bub and let Callie be alright.

Fab 2 chapters, I can't wait to read more, I'm already in love with the sequel!

“No you didn’t. Stop whining and look for it.” She told her firmly, turning back to the job at hand; feeding the other three children
I'm just a little confussed, I thought they only had three children, not four :unsure:

“Yeah she was, wasn’t she sweetie?” She said, walking in to put Brooke in her crib.

I don't mean to sound dumb or anything, but who is Brooke? :unsure:

I don't mean to sound stupid, I just am a little confussed.

Archived