FIVE's interview with Lynne.

Guest Frankie

She also mentioned that she believes some people are friends for a season, some are friends for a reason and some are friends for a lifetime. She believes Tempany Deckert is her friend for life and they still exchange emails. But she also mentioned she has lost touch with Emily Symons even though they were great pals on the show and she believes she was just a friend for a season. :(

She mentioned Irene's mini skirts and eye shadow and big yellow hair, saying they phased that out as Irene began to "mature". She also said she wouldn't mind going back to the mini skirts because she doesn't have a bad pair of legs on her! :lol:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oohhh...that’s really interesting.

I reckon Lynne should nag the writers for Irene to go through menopause and decide she has become something she isn’t, and starts wearing the mini-skirts and 80's shirts again…or something. :D

That’s a shame about Emily Symons - for some reason I thought they would still be in contact. When Emily was on 'Where are they Now' I'm sure she said she is still in contact with some of the cast...wonder who they are.

I'm glad she's still in contact with Tempany, that’s a real nice touch 'friends for life'…and she’s right.

Super interview, she sounds like a heap of fun and also a bit philosophical. I like that she's still in touch with Tempany! Bring her back... for a season ;) to see what she's up to. And her honesty about Emily Symons was refreshing. Because even to say that you've lost touch with someone in show-biz is probably more honesty than usual.

Was Judith played by Anne Hruby? I liked her.

Hasn't Irene already been through menopause, or was that just a menopause scare? I remember she was getting cranky and Colleen said it was "the change" and it was just after Ailsa died and she'd had menopause too at some point, and Alf was trying to be supportive because it was what Ailsa would've wanted.

Yeah it's a shame about Emily. I'd always thought they'd have stayed friends. I'm sure Irene went through the menopause too. Didn't she get some pills to help her and then the pills caused her to have a heart attack? I'm probably confusing two storylines now.

Part 3

Lol, “Could Irene take Susan Kennedy in a fight?… I don’t watch Neighbours, so I don’t know what she’s like. If she’s a piece of work, then yeah, Irene would have her in a fight. If she’s a nice woman, she’d make her a cup of tea. In fact, I seem to remember that Dr Karl did the dirty on her! Go out and get yourself a young piece of fluff. Go on dahl, do that! You show him!”

HA! :)

That was funny, The mention of Neighbours.

Super interview, she sounds like a heap of fun and also a bit philosophical. I like that she's still in touch with Tempany! Bring her back... for a season ;) to see what she's up to. And her honesty about Emily Symons was refreshing. Because even to say that you've lost touch with someone in show-biz is probably more honesty than usual.

Was Judith played by Anne Hruby? I liked her.

Hasn't Irene already been through menopause, or was that just a menopause scare? I remember she was getting cranky and Colleen said it was "the change" and it was just after Ailsa died and she'd had menopause too at some point, and Alf was trying to be supportive because it was what Ailsa would've wanted.

Yeah no that wasn’t menopause, not that time anyway, that was due to it being a year since Ken's death, however at the time she didn’t realise why she felt so crap about life.

I remember she had a heart attack at Kit's group session I think it was (in the school), because I was really disappointed she wasn’t in the following episode, it all happened off-screen which was daft. But she could have been going through menopause then, not as I remember though.

I though Irene went through the menopause in 2001, between the end of Swamp Donkey's episodes and the beginning of my own, but I'm sketchy on that period so maybe alexx is right.

Irene had the heart attack in 2003 because Lynne wanted a week off.

I though Irene went through the menopause in 2001, between the end of Swamp Donkey's episodes and the beginning of my own, but I'm sketchy on that period so maybe alexx is right.

Wasn’t that the same time as the year since Ken’s death? That’s the only time I can remember menopause and Irene together, but it was just a scare.

Archived