What A Difference A Decade Makes

Guest sarahandkatie

CHAPTER 30

Beth, Mattie, Lucas and Tony sat around the dining table in Mattie's house. Beth cuddeling her little granddaughter.

' So, this Josie Russel women is going to marry Jonah from the believers and Jonah has told Ella that he is actually her dad and not Rob?' Mattie was trying to get all this through her head. Her daughter disturbed for her feed and Mattie stood up picked her up from her mothers arms.

' Do you want me to babes?' Lucas asked. They took it mostly in turns to feed the baby.

' No it's ok. To be honest with you I feel abit tired myself I may just go straight to bed when i've fed her. ' She kissed Lucas and smiled at Tony and her mum.

' Ok I'll be following soon. I promise.' He smiled as he watched his wife weave her way into the bedroom.

' I think we better get going to Beth. You look so tired, it's been a big day for you aswell.' He stood up and gently touched his sons shoulder as he passed. He was so proud of Luc, he was settled down, with a gorgeous wife and daughter and a good job aswell. He took her hand and led her through the front door and into their own front door.

Lucas walked around the ehouse checking everything was locked and turning off the lights. He poured himself a glass of water and then one for his wife and headed through to join her in the bedroom. He walked in and stopped at the door, leaning on the frame he admired the view in front of him. His wife was gently rocking their baby, singing a lullaby he hadn't heard before. It went on about being loved and loving back and keeping everyone safe. He liked it he hoped Mattie would teach it to him. Mattie looked up and smiled at Luc. Sh eput a finger on her lip and lowered the baby into the crib at the side of the bed. Lucas walked over and handed the water to her.

' Thanks you' she said yawning at the same time. ' I hope rob and everyone is going to be ok.' She looked so worried when she spoke about her brother.

' They'll be fine, Jack will take care of them' he snuggled into bad next to his wife. ' I was thinking, why don't we invite everyone over for a BBQ tomorrow night. A bit of a wetting the babies head party. It'll take their minds off it.' Lucas looked over at his wife who was smiling.

' That'll be lovely. I'll ring everyone in the morning.' They kissed goodnight and fell into slumber in each others arms, both with smiles on their faces.

Beth and Tony sat on the sofa of their house. Both of them too tired to get up and go to bed, non of them wanting to be too far from the phone just incase rob needed them.

' Shall I make us some hot milk?' Tony didn't know what else to say.

' No, just stay here with me' Beth replied pulling his arms tighter around her. She loved him so so much and didn't know why they had messed around so much. ' Do you think Rob will be ok?' she didn't like seeing her son and his family in danger.

' Robs a tough cookie Beth they'll be fine. Plus I spoke to Jack and he said they have every man possible on the case watching they are safe.' Tony felt Beths shoulders relax a little and looked down, her eyes were closed and she let out little snores. He kissed the top of her head and settled down further into the sofa. He closde his eyes and hoped sleep would descend over him as fast as it had done Beth. Ten minutes later they both snored soundly.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 31

Josie russell paced nervously from one side of the hotel room to another. Jonah sat on the bed watching her.

' Ok that didn't go as we had planned.' she stated ' we need to perhaps up the anty maybe get one of the other bay members on side, if we did that perhaps then we would be able to get into Ellas good books, then we can put our plan in motion' She spoke so fast Jonah had to lean forward just to hear what she said.

' Oh and how are we going to do that? Everyone in the bay probably knows whats going on by now, non of them are going to trust us.' Jonah lay back on the bed in thought. Josie stopped and stared out of the window.

' I have an idea, wait here.' She said only taking her eys off the window as she turned to head out of the door. Intruiged Jonah stood and went to the window. He saw a boy, perhaps around 16 cleaning out the pool. What would Josie know about him? He watched as Josie pushed open the pool side door and walked over.

Josie watched him for a few seconds as he cleaned out the pool. He moved so efficiantly. She pushed breast so they gave cleavage and headed for the young boy.

' Well hello their, aren't you just a looker?' She put on her poshest accent and pushed her boobs further out.' I'm Jackie, and your name is?' She held out her hand. The boy took it, but not once did he look at her face.

' I'm Noah' he replied finally looking up and seeing the womens beauty for the first time. She must alot older than him but she was still the most beautiful person he had ever seen. And by the sounds of it she was flirting with him.

' Look, Noah, I don't normally do this but I have never seen someone so handsome before and, well, I was just wondering if perhaps you would like to get a drink or something to eat?' She fluttered her eyelashes at him. She could see he was already under her spell.

' Er, well, I kinda have to finish up here!' He said sounding a bit deflated. Josie's smiled never faulted.

' Well' she said hooking her finger under the young lads dungaree strap and leaning into him she whispered ' Why don't I just take a seat on that louger over there and watch you work up a sweat, then perhaps we could have that drink then' She let go and headed over to the lounger. She sat and flicked her legs up onto the footrest, never once taking her eys off him. He however wasn't looking at her face instead he worked his eyes over her body. he shook his self out of his trance and carried on working, alot faster than he usually would. Josie stole a quick glance up at her window and saw Jonah smile at her she nodded her hed and looked back at the boy working. Boy was she in for a long night.

Half an hour later, Noah packed up his equipment and stepped out oh hid dungarees which he wore over his clothes to protect them. He turned around and saw the women heading backover to him. She placed her hand on his arm and ponted him toward the bar. He led her through the door and she took the lead, taking him into a very quiet dimly lit corner she snapped her finges and a few minutes later a waiter appeared, bottle of wine in hand and two wine flutes. he placed them efferlessly down on the table and backed away. Josie, or Jackie, as she was being now, grunted and waited, Noah looked up and realised the women was waiting for him to pour the wine. he poured her some and then a drop for himself, he could have a drop at least. Wait untill he told Ella about this. then he suddenly remember just before this women had come outside he'd checked his phone and realised he had twelve missed calls from her, and a few texts saying she needed to talk. Oh well he'd speak to her later.

They spent the next hour talking and flirting and laughing, Jackie running her hand on his arm, him flashing what he hoped was an award winning smile. he looked up and saw the clock over her head. God, he should have been home fifteeen minutes ago. Jumping up he made his excuses and was about to leave when jackie pushed a serviette into his hand, it was her number written in red lip liner. She put her finger under his chin and kissed him on the lips then she headed back for her room. She had him, she knew it. He stood for a few moments and then remembered the reason he was leaving fast. He picked up his satchel and headed for the door. He would just tell his dad the pool pump had been backed up and it had taken longe than usual. He had something else to do, someone to ring, but for the life of him he couldn't think right now.

CHAPTER 32

The party was in full swing at the Holden house hold. Lucas had left Tony to do the BBQ whilst he entertained the guests. Mattie had invited the whole bay to it, and it had eventually spilled over into the house and onto the front lawn. Everywhere he looked he saw smiling happy people, friends he'd known for years, people he barely knew apart from saying hello to as he passed them on the street, work colleagues, even the officers Jack worked with at the station. He looked over to where Rob was sat with Tasha, close by their children played, both of them keeping one eye on them. Ella sat at the top of the garden on the bench Mattie had placed there, Noah sat on one side of her Pippa on the other. He looked to the side and saw Scott talking animatedly with Kim Hyde, since Kim had come back to the bay he and scott had become good friends, both having shared time with Hayley they knew they had something in common. Over the other sideMattie and Cassie sat talking with Rachel and also sat there was Drew listening to the girls, scrunching up his face everynow and again, no doubt the girls were talking baby. Sally and Brad were stood in the kitchen with Marily and Donald, and don's daughter, he thinks is called Bobby and her husband. Over the din of the music he could hear one voice, he hoped he wouldn't hear.

' Yoo hoo, Lucas I'm so sorry I'm late, Madge Wilkins rang me and I just couldn't get her off the phone' Colleen walked up looking everywhere checking for gossip no doubt. She was carrying a big tub under her arms. ' I made some cakes for the party' she handed the box to lucas and headed past him towards where mattie sat. He rolled his eyes and headed inside, the least he could do was plate the cakes.

He plated the cakes and headed for the front yard to see what was going on there. Standing on the lawn he surveyed the guests. The soliciters, Matties collegues, were hunched together on garden chairs, no doubt discussing a big case or other. He scanned the rest of the lawn and then street in front of him, his gaze stop, he saw a car about a hundred yards up the road, and could just about make out two people sat in it. He diverted his eyes, so not to draw attention to himself and headed into the house. He picked up a bin liner full of rubbish and headed to the bins, he would be alittle closer then could see a bit better. He opened the bin and peeped around the lid. It was them, he could just about make out Jonah. He shut the bin and made his wway into the house to find Jack. Tony was making his way back inn to the kitchen to restock. He looked at his sons worried face.

' Dad, go outside and get Robbie and the gang, take them into the bedroom. Where's Jack?' He never once took his eyes from the kitchen window where he could see the hunter family. he watched his dad, as he took in what Luc had just said, then he clicked.

' Over by the BBQ, their here aren't they?' Luc nooded, his dad headed for the graden followed by Luc. Tony leaned into Robbie and the two of them sprung into action, they picked up a child each, Tasha went and pulled Rlla up then they headed for the house and through the door into Lucs spare bedroom. Luc had locked the window in their and closed the blinds earlier on just in case it needed it. Lucas explained to Jack what he had saw Jack got on the mobile. By this time people had figured something was going on.They all stopped still and stared at Jack.

The silence was broken by one single gun shot...................................

TO BE CONTINUED....................

CHAPTER 33

The sound made everyone run screaming for cover away from the house. Scott looked around lifting his two younger children into his arms, for Noah. He saw his son, standing stock still staring at the women who had pulled the trigger, firing into the air.

' Jackie what the hell?' Him and Jacking had had a wonderful lunch by the sea and then he had written down the adress and told her about the holden party, he said she could come along and be his guest.

' You know this women Noah?' Scott asked, handing the children to Kim and heading over to his son keeping one eye always on Josie, her gun pointing straight at him. ' Yes ddad, this is who I had dinner with at the beach.' Scott knew when his son had got back that something had happened and Noah had ended up telling his dad about the mystery women, leaving out the little detail of her being much older.

' Oh cut with the chit chat ok? get in the house now' Scott put his hand on his sons arm and pulled him into the house. Jack and Lucas followed. In the house stood Jonah, mama rose and some other people non of them recognised, they all had guns. They joined the other hostages on the floor. Robbie, Tasha, Ella, the two kids, Tony, Beth, Sally, Brad, Don, Marilyn, Pippa, Frank, Colleen and Ric were all sat against the lounge wall, hands on their heads. Ella was sobbing.

' Shhhh, my child, I would never hurt the chosen one, as long as the chosen one behaves, mama rose spat pulling the girls head back before getting right in her face. As she said those final words the spit hit Ella. Robbie stood up.

' Leave her alone, you evil vindictive...' BANG!

robbie sank to the floor at the side of his wife, his hand over his stomach. Jack and Tasha both came forward to help him. Jack put his hand to to bleeding wound and turned to stare at mama rose.

' Look, this is not going to help, tell me what it is you want and I'll see if I can help you.' as he said that he heard the sirens of the police cars as they pulled up outside the house.

' There is nothing you can do. I have come for the child oracle, she is the only thing that can help us right now, she is the only thing that can keep us alive' She pointed at Ella who slumped further back against the wall. Tasha wrapped her arms around her daughter, noone was going to hurt her.

' Look, he needs to get to a hospital, he's bleeding pretty hard' Jack looked around. ' You don't need all these people, they have nothing to do with this please. Let's get Robbie sorted. I'll stay here please let them go' he pleaded with very aged looking women. Mama Rose stood staring at him for a moment then spoke.

' Ok you and you, take him and leave, you four too. The rest of you stay where you are.' Frank and Lucas did as they were told, they lifted Robbie and headed for the door. Closely followed by Bobby, Marilyn, Donald and Colleen. Brad put his arm around Sally and put his legs in front of her as if to protect her. Beth and Tony snuggled closer and Jack took Tasha and his goddaughter to arms. Suddenly Ella pulled away and stood up.

' Grandma,' she spoke quietly and never looked up from the spot she'd fixed her gaze to on the carpet. She waited for a few seconds until she saw a shadow getting closer. ' It's me you want granma, noone else, please do what ever you need to do, but let them all go, they hhave done nothing to harm you.' She looked into the womens eyes, tears forming in her own.' Please alls they have done, is care for me and nurture me and make me who i am now, you shouldn't be wanting to hurt them you should be happy, let them go please' she begged the tears now trickelibng down her face. Mama Rose stared at her for a few seconds before her face started to break from the menacing look it had had.

' Ok, you can all go, apart from the police man, I may need him, to use as our bargaining tool' she looked staright through Jack.

' No I can't leave my daughter, please Mama rose don't so this, Josie, Jonah don't ket her do this please' Tasha stood up sobbing. Jack stood himself and pulled Tasha round to look at him.

' Tash, it's going to be ok, go with Beth and Sally, it'll be fine I promise you.' He looked from Beth to Sally, they stood and each took an arm then they pulled Tasha towards the door. Brad and Tony following closely behind them. Tony never once taking his eyes from his son. Mama Rose looked at her watch.

' Four more hours my children.' she turned back to where jack was now comferting Ella. ' You two sit' she pointed to two chairs in the corner. They made their wa over and sat down, jack making sure he was in the one between ella and mama rose. Jack scanne the room. They had shut and locked the door, and the windows were all closed and covered. He caught josies eyes, she just rolled them and looked away. He looked through the tiny ole in the blinds, he could see his colleugues, the ones he'd been talking to not long before, now in uniform talking to one another figuring out what to do. He could see the hostages that had just left sat in the police van, Martha was with them comferting Tasha. Then the police van drove off, keeping the hostages safe, good. He shook his head there was no point in trying to be the police man now. He knew it would be ok Fitzy was there and now she was the police chief, it would be ok.

Three hours later and numerous failed attempts to get in touch by fitzy the believers began to prepare, what for the two hostages didn't know, but they were preparing for something. They were moving all the furniture to make room for something. Jonah was emptying contents from a bag Jack hadn't noticed before. He turned to lok at Ella, she was still staring at the floor, the same as she had done for the last three hours. He reached over and squeezed her hand. As he did that he peeped out of the corner of his eye, there was deffinately something going on out there, the team were being briefed, within a few seconds what ever had just been said was being put into action. The team moved fast, then Jack noticed one of the team carrying a canister, he knew was a smoke bomb, they were heading for the door, he counted the steps. one...two...three....four he threw himself at Ella and knocked her to the ground covering her with his own body just as he heard the sound og smashing and felf the smoke frming around him, then the sound of shouting and gun fire.

As fast as it happened it went quiet, the smoke began to clear and seven bodies lay lifeless on the floor.

TO BE CONTINUED...............

• 2 weeks later...

OK heres a sneak peek at what's to come. I DEDICATE THIS TO ZETT!

Oh and whats the yellow marks through some of the letters about???

SNEAK PEEK:

The church was full and silent, as the congregation listened to the works to the words being spoken by the vicar. Beth and Tony sat holding hands, she let a tear fall down her cheek onto her favourite black dress. Tony fumbled with his tie beside her. Lucas sat to his right staring up at the stained glass windows, Mattie placed a hand on his knee. Robbie sat behind them a hand behnd his wife, he hated wearing suits and today was no excpetion. They all stood to sing a hymn. 'one of jacks favourites' Tony thought to himself joining in at the courus to sing he's got the whole world in his hands'. After they finished they all sat to listen to the vicars final words

Ok there you go. Read discuss!

And once again this is dedicated to Zetti!

OK HERE WE GO:

NEXT CHAPTER.

The church was full and silent, as the congregation listened to the works to the words being spoken by the vicar. Beth and Tony sat holding hands, she let a tear fall down her cheek onto her favourite black dress. Tony fumbled with his tie beside her. Lucas sat to his right staring up at the stained glass windows, Mattie placed a hand on his knee. Robbie sat behind them a hand behnd his wife, he hated wearing suits and today was no excpetion. They all stood to sing a hymn. 'one of jacks favourites' Tony thought to himself joining in at the courus to sing he's got the whole world in his hands'. After they finished they all sat to listen to the vicars final words.

' I now pronounce you husband and wife, Brad you may kiss your bride.' With that Brad took the beautiful Sally into his arms and kissed her, the whole congregation cheered.

Congratulations Mrs Saunders-Armstrong' Brad said kissing his wife, she nodded her head too ewmotional to speak.

Half an hour later they stood outside having their pictures taken and listening to the congratulations being passed to them from friends and families. Brad stepped to the side and watched as Sally had photos taken with her bridesmaids Casiie, Pippa, Martha, Leah and Ella.. Then one with Don Fisher, who had only been too happy to walk her down the aisle.

As the guests took their seats for the wedding breakfast Sally surveyed the scene in front of her, all the people she loved and cared for were there in that room, they were all smiling and heppy. Even Selina, Blake, Sophine, Steven, Chloe, Jesse, Angel and Shane had flown in for her special day. They were all sta around a table in the middle of the room, vinny, of course, had insisted on sitting with them and of course had succeeded in sitting there. She held out her hand and placed it into her new husbands. She reached up and wrapped her hand around the ring she had attatched to the necklace around her neck, her wedding ring flynne had given her, it would always be there just as Brads ring from his marriage to Emaily was on a necklace around his neck.

The whole day was a huge success and everyone had such a great time. Pippa gave an amazing speech, which had everyone crying. Vinny gave an improptu speech, which, of course, made everyone Laugh, and Leah roll her eyes.

The party goers started to leave for home and Sally, Brad and Pippa headed for their family honeymoon in a place chosen by Pippa, Italy.

ZETTI I HOPE YOU ARE VERY HAPPY NOW. THIS ONE WAS FOR YOU. JACK IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING. AND YOU MAY ENJOY WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HIM SOON!!!!!!!!!!

OK HERE GOES THE LAST CHAPTER AND I DEFINATELY DEDICATE THIS TO THE EVER DELIGHTFUL ZETTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody went their own ways all smiling, chatting laughing and happy. Leah and Vinny walked arm in arm, VJ ahead of them. the Hunters and Holdens walked slowly taking in the wonderful sunset and talking about their wedding anniversary meal they were going to have tomorrow. Drew escorted Colleen home, trying not to laugh at the funny things that were being said. Don, Marilyn, Bobby and Frank headed off in the car. Cassie and Ric headed off hand in hand wanting to see their kds, they'd missed them so much today. Rachel and Dan, sat on a bench at the beach edge, taking in the sounds and smells around, Rachel leaning her head on dans shoulders. Irene and Barry got into the back off the taxi, suitcases in the boot, smiling, they were heading for las vegas to get married, it was a secret they were happy to keep. Scott, Noah and Kim headed back to their house, they had a horror movie ready to watch and popcorn ready to pop.

Martha and Jack walked out of the club and Martha headed for the stairs to their flat, Jack stopped her and pulled her towards the beach.

' Lets take a walk babes' He smiled and led her down onto the still warm sand. They walked in silence for a few moments before JAck stopped and turned to look at her. He kissed her passionately ' God you are so beautiful' he pushed a stray hair from her face and kissed her again ' I have something I want to say babes' He smiled at her.

' I have something I want to say aswell but you go first.' She pointed at him, a smile on his face. Jack dropped to his knee and pulled out a box from his pocket.

' Martha, I know we never got divorced and we're still married and all that, but, because I love you more than I have ever loved you I was hoping we could do it again, have our big day.so. will you Marth Holden, remarry me please' He then placed a small saphire ring onto her finger. She gave a small smile and wrapped her hands around his neck.

' Of course I will you giant clutz, it'll make me the happiest women alive' By now she was sitting down beside him wrapped in his arms. He moved in and kissed tenderly, letting last for what they both hoped was a life time. Suddenly Jack pulled away and looked Martha in the eyes.

' What were you going to say?' He asked a slighly worried look crossing his brows. She smiled even more broadly and kissed him.

' Oh Jack this is the most perfect night of all time. I'm pregnant, I found out this morning but didn't want to spoil sally's day, We're finally going to have that baby we always talked about.' Jack sat in shock for a few minutes then let out a huge whoop, he stood up and pulled Martha up into his arms. He spun her round and placed her feet gently back onto the ground. Kissing her again, this time not pulling back.

That's where we leave the bay, all so happy, all with things to look forward to and all with lives they had wished for. And that's where they lived their whole lives happily ever after.

THE END

Link to comments thread.

Archived