What A Difference A Decade Makes

Guest sarahandkatie

CHAPTER 20

Donald and Marily sat on the sofa in the caravan park house, donald doing his crossword and Marilyn reading the new copy of some gossip magazine she'd picked up whilst they had taken Flynne for a walk that day. They couldn't believe how tiring it was too babysit. Cassie and Ric had left early that morning wanting to visit Joy in the hospital before heading for the funeral. They'd had a phone call a little over an hour ago. Ric was going to drop casiie off at the hospital and then head home. As the door opened they both looked up from their tasks to see a very tired looking Ric heading in.

' Hey Ric did everything go ok?' Marilyn stood and headed into the kitchen to put some warm milk onto the stove.

' Yeah, i suppose. Cassie was really agitated all day, she wanted to get back to the hospital. Scott said some wonderful things and Noah read an amazing poem about Hayley'. He sat at the dining table. Marilyn brought over the cup of milk and placed a hand on his shoulder. This was the first time she'd actually met Ric on this visit but she understood how sally could talk so highly of him. He was greatful for Marilyn and Don's support. These last few weeks had been such a weird feeling but they'd constantly been around for babysitting. And nearly every night when Ric got back from the hospital Marilyn had cooked him something and made sure the house was tidy. Just after Joy was born Donald and Marilyn had took the decision to move into the caravan nearest the house. That way they could give the family some pace but also be there for them Sally meant the world to both of them and if they could help her children and grandchildren then they would.

' Look, we're going to head over to the caravan and turn in. Theres some pasta in the fridge if you wannt it just heat it up ok?' Marilyn nodded as don stood and gathered their belongings.

' Yes thanks Marilyn I don't think I'm that hungry though. Thankyou for looking after Flynne today.... and for everything alse.' He added.

' It's a pleasure. Flynne is a wonderful little boy you must be so proud. We'll see you tomorrow' don replied as they passed through the door and into the night. Both suddenly feeling extremely tired.

Ric stood and headed over to mantlepiece. On top of it was filled with photos of family and friends. He picked up the photo right at the front, it was of him, cassie, flynne and joy that had been taken in between joy being born and going in for the operation. That day was so special. The doctor had allowed them to bring her home for a few hours. The look on Flynnes face had been a picture when they'd walked through the door. The day turned into a bit of a blur from then. The visitors had come in a steady stream. They'd took the kids for a walk to show joy the bay. Then all too soon it was time to go home, before they set off they all sat on the sofa, flynne on rics lap cassie holding joy and they smiled. He blinked bringing him self back to reality and back to looking at the picture. Even though they were smiling you could see the worry behind their eyes. He smiled and touched the photo. he couldn't wait to bring that little girl. He wondered how she was tonight and what cassie was doing. Turning off the light he headed upto bad, stopping at his sons room, he walked in there was flyyne, strewn over the bed no blanket on him. He gently walked over, kissed his son lightly and pulled the blanket up. He couldn't believe how hansome he was. He smiled and headed for his room, hating to sleep on his own he'd taken to taking his duvet into his sons room and sleeping on the floor. Tonight though he needed to be in his own where the scent of cassie was and where he knew his back wouldn't be aching when he got up the following morning.

Cassie gently kissed her daughter on the top of her head and pulled the blanket over her tiny fragile body. She couldn't believe how gorgeous that little was. She smiled and flicked off the light above them. She settled into the put away crib she'd spent nearly every night since her daughter was born and pulled the blanket over her turning on the reading light she'dd brought with her she looked at the writing on the front of the envelope. turning it in her fingers over and over agian. she ran her fingers over the indetations of the writing, took a deep breath and opened it, taking out the paper that was folded inside it. She opened it and sighed. She couldn't believe Hayley wasn't here. They were never really close but had spent time together and thought of hayley as a friend. The last few weeks had brough back so many memories of Flynne senior. When he'd passed away from cancer she thought she'd never get over it and in a way she stiill hadn't but now, now it had brought back all the feelings again. She missed him. She stared at the note in front of her and began to read.

Cassie and Ric,

I know that when you read this i won't

be here anymore.

I just wanted to say how proud myself and I know

the whole bay are of you. What you are

going through is such a hard thing.

That gorgeous little girl who I had

the pleasure of holding on the occasions I made to the

hospital is such a strong brave person.

I see her and I think if she can cope I can.

I have taken strength from her, I have

taken courage from you two.

I think the way you have handled this

is such an inspiration. And you should be proud.

Not only of you two and Joy but of Flynne too.

He's a wonderful little boy. I've spent some time

with him when Mattie's been looking after him

and he really is a bright hansome little boy just like

Flynne senior. You should be proud of him.

I had a conversation with you Cassie recently

when you told me how you felt when Flynne died.

And I'm so greatful you told me that, I have taken your

words and written them down for Noah.

I know they will help him.

I will always look down on that little girl and

help to give her the strength she needs.

Keep hoping and keep being yourself.

Love always

Hayleyx

TAKE CARE.x

Cassie put down the paper and stared over to her little girrl who was still fast asleep. She smiled Hayley was right she was a fighter and she knew then she had to stay strong and fight with her. She turned over and flicked off the reading light. Laying down she suddenly felt really tired. Blowing a kiss at the framed photo of her family at the side of her. She closed her eys and fell into a deep sleep, the first deep sleep she'd had since the little girl was born. Thanks to Hayley she felt for the first time like she could cope with what was being thrown at her.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 21

Irene watched as Noah washed the pots, he had his head down and from this angle he looked just like his mum. She didn't really know what had happened this morning but she was glad he was there to celebrate hayleys life and she was also glad he'd read that beautiful poem out as well.

' Hey darl' why don't I finish up, you go and get yourself to bed it's been such a huge day today.' She put her hand on the back of the bay she'd watch grow and called her grandson.

' I'm ok nana rene, It's the least I can do. You were so good to my mum, she told me stories about how good you were and when we got to the bay and all the stuff came out. I saw how good you were. I don't think we could have coped without you. Putting us up and helping with the food and stuff today. Plus how much help you've been with the kids. I think dad would have lost it by now if it wasn't for you and grandma Beth' He shrugged his shoulders, the letter his uncle had given him earlier was burning a hole in his pocket but he wanted to do this first. Irene put her hand on the boys back and leant her head on his shoulder, he was already taller than her.

' Well mr, you certainly are a growing lad, you should be proud Noah seriously you've coped so well, and I don't know what happened this morning but I just want you to know that if you do want to talk i'll be here for you.' She kissed him on his cheek and walked away to starting picking up the rubbish. Noah finished the pots in silence.

' I've finished. I'm going to go up to bed. I'll check on the kids on the way. Thanks again' He scooped down and kissed his nan on the cheek, she nodded back to him, he headed up the stairs, stopping to make sure his little brother and sister were still asleep. They were snuggled into one bed blanket upto their chins. It was hard on them. He walked over and kissed them both on the heads then he turned off the lamp, they always left on until they were asleep then headed off for his own room. He wondered if his dad was ok. After everyone had gone Scott had headed off for a walk, letter in hand. The same kind of envelope that was in his back pocket. Closing the bedroom door behind him, he flung himself onto the bed and rolled onto his stomach. He reached back and took the letter from his pocket, turning it over in his hand he saw the writing on the front, a lump forming in his throat. He loved the way his mums handwriting see,ed to just flow, he'd perfected pretty perrfect when he wanted to get out of hoomework or sports or whatever. He sighed and opened the envelope. Pulling out the paper a picture fell out with it. On the picture was his mum when she was younger and in her arms was a little baby wrapped in a blue blanket, he fingured it was him, then he took in the man at the side of his, the man with his arms around her, the man with the huge amile on his face. Kim. he suddenly felt very sick. He opened the letter and started to read.

My dearest Noah,

Always my little boy!

I know this will be hard on you,

I know that if your reading this,

I'm gone.

I just wanted to write this letter to tell

you just how special you are and to fill in bits

of your life I have until now never told you about.

I guess by now, you've noticed the man in that picture

is not your dad.

The man is Kim Hyde, and when you were first born,

this was the man we believed to be your dad.

It's such a long story Noah and I know it'll be hard to take in.

I know i've told youa about the summer bay stalker.

Well that stalker was once Kims girlfriend.

When I fell pregnant with you, I was unsure who the father was,

You see, me and your dad had broken up and I started seeing Kim,

Thats the top and bottomof it.

We had tests and those tests told us Kim was your father.

Not long after that me and Kim got engaged.

And then you were born. Your dad delivered you,

in the middle of knowwhere, me with my heart condition,

which has plagued us ever since.

A while after you were born it turned out that as some sort of revenge on Kim

The stalker had switched the tests to make it look like kim was the father

when really Scott was. I'm confused writing it now.

Me and your dad had already got back togther by this point

and were planning on moving to Paris.

When we found out the truth we were so so happy.

I still remember how much love your dad hsowered

onto you inthose first few weeks. I'd wake on most nights

to hear your dad talking to you telling you he was your daddy

and how much he loved.

I've never known a man love a child as much as he loves you Noah.

He's so proud of you.

I'm telling you this now because I have a feeling Kim Hyde will be

there in the bay at the moment and I would love for you to know him

He's such a kind gentle man and deep down Noah he has always had

a place in my heart. The love he showed us both those few months was amzing.

Idon't want you to be angry at your dad Noah,

I chose not to tell you and believe me when I said we had a few

argument over that.

I've got so many memories Noah, of you, from your school plays

to when you first walked and talked and rode a bike and

swam your first length in that pool, the one down the back

street in Paris. I am so proud to call you my son,

You are a star in the making Noah,

I want you to work hard and make all those dreams come true.

Sally is enrolling you at summer bay high.

I want you to let her help you ok

She's an amazing women and she went through something

very similar to us many years ago. Use her friendship Noah,

you won't regret it.

I need you to help your dad with your brother and sister ok.

I know your still young and need to live your own life

I understand that but please help him. Even if it's just

putting the kids to bed, or taking them out at weekends.

You're so good with them I know you will cope.

You've been the stringest out of all of us and for that

you should be proud, yuo've definately made me and your dad

proud. I will always be looking out for you.

I want you to have a great life, meet someone and settle down,

if you meet someone like Ella, you won't do wrong I promise you that.

You are a true gentlman already I'm so dissapointed at the

thought I will not see you grow up to be an even more

amazing person.

You are seriously a rock

and i love you so so much.

Never forget me and never

forget our memories.

Under your bed you will find a box,

in that box you will find lots of pictures and pieces of paper.

Those papers each contain a little memory, something i thought you

and the other kids would like and I hope that when they are older you

will share these memories with them. Also there are two envelopes.

One for each of the kids.

I want you to keep these and give them to them when they each reach 16.

I know it's a long time to keep them but I need them to

have one of these aswell.

I think Noah this is the hardest letter I have had to write Noah.

I love you so so much.

Your mumx

Noah placed the letter on the bed and reached under it, where, just like his mum said he found the box. Lifting it onto the bed her opened it. It was full, he emptied the contents onto the bed and rifled through them gently like they were fragile dolls or something. Taking out the two envelopes he placed them to the side. He picked up picture after picture, sometimes laughing sometimes crying always thinking how special his mum was. He thought back to the paragraph about settling down and her comment about Ella, if only he'd plucked up the courage to tell his mum he'd already fell for someone in a big way. he looked down at all the things in front oif him and smiled, trust his mum to do somthing so beautiful llike this. He suddenly felt very very tired. Taking all the paper he placeed them back into the box and put the envelope on top and then he placed it back under his bed. He got up and turned off the light then he got into bed and fell into a deep slumber, thinking and then dreaming about his mum. His last thought though being about his dad. He hoped he was ok.

CHAPTER 22

Scott looked up from his daze, he'd been walking for what felt like years, he checked his watch, really it was only half hour. All around him was beach. He found a bench under a street light and sat down. He took the letter from his pocket and fingured the writing on the front. He'd always joked with hayley how if ever her art teaching failed she could take up wedding stationary coligraphy. She'd even done there invites. They had been married in Paris ona wonderful little hotel down in the back streets. Their wedding stationery had been designed and made by his beautiful wife. she'd used a picture of the house they lived in on the front inside two joined drwan rings. Then she'd done the most beautiful writing on the insied. Luckily they'd only invited a handful of people and it didn't take her too long. He had one of thos invites in the front of their wedding album, he'd have to show the kids one day. Smiling at the thoughts, he imagined hayley in her wedding dress, she looked so elegant in a simple silk gown, with ringlets droppinmg around her face. He took a deep sigh, couldn't put this off forever.

My Love,

I know I don't have to do this. You know I'm

not here any more.

I know we had spme really long talks and you

know what I want you to do and how I want you

to be.

There is just a few things I wanted to mention

now.

First off scott and I know this may be difficult

but, I've put in my letter to noah about Kim,

I knnow, I know it was me who didn't want to

say anything in the first place, but scott

I need Noah to know just how much love he had,

and still does have. I know you'll be there to help

him through it and I know you will make sure he

knows just how much you love and care for him.

I also wanted you to know that I love you so so

much Scott.

From the second I met you I felt something there.

I denied it of course with you and Dani and everything.

I'm so glad we sorted everything else out Scott, I'm

so glad we managed to live a good life, we had amazing

children scott, a great marriage and great friendship.

You are my rock and my soul mate.

Take care of our children.

Let Beth and Irene help.

Smile as much as you can.

Be happy Scott, It's the way I will remember you.

You know i'm writing this and looking at our wedding photos

I've just found the rose from mu bouquet and the invite.

That was one of the best days I have ever lived.

I love you so so so much Scott, my baby.

I love you

Hayley.x

Scott breathed out he was glad it wasn't a long soppy thing. He knew what Hayley wanted and he knew if he had to read it again he'd lose it. He was relieved she hadn't said anything too bad and as for the kim thing, if only she knew. He put the letter back into the envelope and stood up. He saw a lone digure walking up the beach. It was too dark to see who it was and right now he didn't want to talk to anyone. He wanted to go home see his kids and go to sleep. He needed a good nights sleep, he was suddenly feeling very very tired. he crossed the grass and headed back towards Irenes. He must remember to thank her for all the things she'd done.

Kim stopped and watched the man, walking away from the bench over the grass and into the night, then he headed upto the bench he'd just seen beeing vacated and sat down under the light. He pulled the letter from his pocket and looked at the wiritng on the front. He took a deep breath and opened it.

Kim,

If you are reading this it mean one thing.

And I'm sorry to lay this onto you.

I've written a letter to Noah and inside

it tells him about the start of his life and

you. Also in it I have told him how much

love you showed him. I want him to know

about his whole life Kim and you were such

a big part at the beginning. I hope you don't

mind, and I hope that if he wants to talk to you

you will tell him what he needs to know.

You were a special person in my life. You

really are. The way you look after others and

from speaking to irene I know how much effort

your putting into helping you dad. I'm glad to hear

he will be released soon.

Keep smiling that happy smile Kim.

Always remember how special you were to me.

Love always

Hayleyx

Short and sweet just like Hayley. He smiled remembering the time they were together and how happy they were. He loved her with all his heart fro a while and she would always be in his heart. He got to his feet and headed for the caravan he needed sleep. He all of a sudden felt very very sleepy.

CHAPTER 23 - 9 MONTHS LATER

'Come on Mattie, you can do it' Beth kissed her daughter tenderly on the forehead and wiped her brow. Mattie had been in labour for 27 hours and by the activity going on in the room beth guessed she was really close.

' OK Mrs Holden, one more push and your baby should be here' the doctor said, looking up at a very tired Mattie. Lucas reached for his wifes hand and looked her in the eye.

' Mattie, come on, just this one last push ok. you keep looking me in the eyes, We can do this together Mattie ok.?' he nodded his head at her never once mooving his eyes. Mattie clenched her teeth and pushed again.

' It's a girl' the doctor said, handing the little baby to the new mum' Mattie looked down at the little bundle that had been placed in her arms, she looked upto Lucas and smiled.

' we have a dughter Luc,' she said as she kissed her husband on the cheek. Turning to her mum she said ' meet your new granddaughter mum' Beth kissed the baby on her head.

' Mattie, I am so so proud of you sweetie. You and Luc are going to make such good parents.' Her eys filled and she turned away. @ i'll give you and luc some time alone I'm sure all the rabble outside want to know about the new addition to the family.' She kissed her daughter and headed oput of the room.

' It's a girl' she said to her family who had been gethered on the corridor for the whole time. She walked over and wrapped her arms around Tony. He kissed her on her forehead. she couldn't believe what a differeence 9 months made. Her and Tony were back together. Irene was engaged to Barry Hyde. god it had changed.

Half an hour later they headed back into the room. Mattie and Lucas were sat on the bed cooing over their new baby girl. ' Hey guys' Mattie said as her family came in. Scott came over and wrapped his arms around his little sister. He then bent over and kissed his new niece on the head.

' Hey little sweetheart' we thought you'd never come out' He said. ' Hey have you thought of a name yet?' he added as he shook Lucas' hand. Lucas nodded and gestured for Mattie to continue.

' Guys we would like to formally introduce you to our Daughter, Hayley Beth Holden.' She looked up and gave Scott a smile, she saw his eyes were filled with tears and hers filled up to.

' Hi Hayley' scott managed to say as Lucas handed the little girl to her uncle ' And what a great neam you have.' Everyone in the rrom filled up as they watched the scene unfold.

' Scott there's something else, we, me and Luc, would love it if you would agree to be Hayleys godfather.' she looked at her brother again. He gave a big smile and sat on the edge bed, he reached out for Matties hand and nodded, he didnn't need to say anything else, they knew the answer.

Half an hour later scott wlked into his new family house and sat on the sofa in the lounge. He finally felt like he was getting on with life. He had his own home in the bay, a job at the gym and now a goddaughter who he could spoil rotten. H egot up and walked over to the picture of Hayley on the mantlepiece.

' Hayley you'd be so proud of us if you were here, we're happy and the kids are doing great and mattie and luc........' he trailed off knowing that it was a waste of time talking to the picture he wouldn't get an answer. Shaking his head he looked at the clock next to the picture and realised he had to leave now if he wanted to be there in time to pick pick the kids up. As he was walking out of the door he bu,ped into Noah walking in the door, arms laden with bags.

' Hi dad, hows aunt Mattie, I got the shopping whilst i was in the city' He watched as his son dumped the bags on the counters and started to unpack them.

' They've had a baby girl' he replied watching as his son slammed around putting everything in his house. Noah stopped and smiled.

' Oh that fantastic news, I bet they are so happy.' Noah said he noticed his dad looked tired and as if he had been crying. ' You ok dad?' he asked.

' Yeah it's just been a long day thats all. They have asked me to be godfather. Noah, they've called the baby Hayley, after mum' He looked back up and saw his sons eyes filling just as his had done. Noad nodded.

' Thats nice' he didn't really like talking about his mum, he was sick of crying about it.

' Thanks son, for doing the shopping, and for getting the kids to school this morning, I'm just heading out to pick them then what say we take them out for tea, my treat' he looked up at his son who nodded his agreement then he headed back out the door and into the car. Everything was getting good in the bay he thought as he drove off.

CHAPTER 24

Ella padded down the stairs humming her favourite tune. She'd had a lovely morning. Her dad had brought her breakfast in bed and now after a long soak in the bath listening to her new CD her dad had brought her she was going to go for a walk along the beach. She had three weeks off school and was going to spend it spending soometime to herself. After she'd got breakfast her folks had taken the kids to school and gone off to see mattie, lucas and the baby. Ella opened the door and collected the post from the mail box. She leafed through it as she walked back into the house. One letter stood out from the rest. It had no address on but Ella's name was there in big beautiful writing, writing she had never seen before. She placed the letter into her bag. What ever it was it couldn't be that important. She placed on her shoes and headed for her walk.

Half hour later she sat down on the bench over looking the water and closed her eyes. This walk was just what she needed, these last few months had been hard. The thing with Hayley, her mum hadn't been well, and her exams. She was so greatful her dad had been her rock this year. Sitting with her eyes shut she suddenly remembered the letter in her bag. She reached inside and took out the envelope. Sitting up she opened it taking out the piece of paper inside. After staring at the writing in front of her for what felt like an age. She dropped it into her bag and stared out at the sea, se then took out the letter and read it again.

My dearest Ella,

You don't know who I am,

I know that much, but,

I think you should.

You see, the man you think is your dad

Is not actually your dad. A lot of things

happened before and after you were born.

And for most of that I am regretful.

I am your father ella. By blood, at least.

I would love to be able to know you.

Please.

My name is Jonah.

Ask your mum about me.

I will be in touch child.

Good bye my angel.

x

She placed the letter into her bag, stood up and ran back the way she had come. She didn't know what to make of it. Was this for real, had she been living a lie all her life?

She ran through the front door and fell to the floor sobbing. She'd been running all these horrid thoughts in her head since she'd read that letter. She didn't know what to do or how to deal with it.

' Ella, sweetie whats up, whats the matter?' Tash came through the door and saw her daughter heaped on the floor her shoulders shaking uncontrollably. She took her daughter in her arms.

' Has it always been a lie mum, is her really just rob, is her really not my dad?' Tasha froze. ' I take it that thats the answer I was hoping it wasn't' Ella stood up and walked away.

' Oh ella. I don't know what to say. It is true bot there's more to it than that, Ella please, listen to me' By this tiome she was also crying she didn't know how to explain. She ran to her bag and took out her phone. Dialling the number she watched her daughter, stood staring out of the window. ' comne on rob pick up, please' she thought to her self. It went straight to answer phone. Oh.

' Reney I need you, Ella knows about Jonah' Tasha said into her phone. She put the phone down and walked back over to her daughhter. Irene would be here in a few minutes. She placed her hand on Ella shoulder, Ella heaved it off and headed up stairs.

' Oh reney thank god you are here, I can't get hold of Rob and she won't open her bedroom door.' Tasha wrapped her arms around the women she'd grown to love as a amother.

' It's ok darl I'm here now. Do you know how she found out?'Irene said letting go of Tasha and heading towards the stairs. Tasha shook her head and followed the older women.

' Ella, it's me nanny rene, can you lat me in darl please.' She tapped gently on the door. No amswer. ' Look El, I know what you've just leart is hard and you need to deal with it in your own way, just please darl let us explain whats going on and whats happened, PLease' She pleaded with the young girl. She waited for few seconds, then heard the lock being opened from inside. She gently pushed at the door and it opened. They walked inside and saw ella sat on the bed, her knees were up and her face was leaning on them. They sat at either side of her.

' Ella, what happened how did you find out' Ella pulled a letter from beneath her and handed it to her mum. Tasha read the letter and dropped it onto the bed, her hands were over her mouth. Irene picked it up and read it. She took a few deep breaths and looked at tasha who nodded at her.

' Look Ella, this man, he is telling the truth, he is your biological father, but that is it, Rob is your dad Ella, in everyother way, he held you when you were first born, he helped you do all the other things dads do. He cried when you were ill, he laughed when you laughed and to me ella thats what makes a real dad. nothing else.' She took a deep breath and looked at Tash' Tash I think you need to be completly honest' Ella looked from her mum to her nan.

' Whats going on?' Ella looked confused. Tasha nodded and opened her mouth but nothing came out.

' Do you want me to?' Irene asked Tash. Tash nodded again. Tears started to fall down her cheeks.

' Ella. Before you were born your mum got involved with what she believed to be a reigious group. This group, the believers, turned out to be a cult. Do you know what that is?' She asked the young girl ho nodded. ' Well this cult was run by a very evil, deranged, psycotic women, who by blood would be your grandmother, everyone knew here as mama rose. She believed your mum was the chosen one, she wanted your mum to have a child, a child that would help them be able to live forever. They brain washed your mum, drugged her and mama roses son, Jonah, then' she took a deep breath ' then, he raped her Ella. Luckily, Tasha figured out there was something wrong and with the help of us and your auntie martha and uncle jack they managed to help your mum ascape. Alot of other things happened alot of very unpleasant horrid things. Your mum passed out on her wedding day and found out she was pregnant. Her and your dad were so happy ella and didn't matter who had gotten your mum pregnant to her and to your dad, they were going to have a family and they were so happy.' She didn't know what else to say. She looked at ella, who was now staring at her mum.

' Why the hell didn't you tell me. You let me live in this lie, this pretend family all my life. You let me believe I was loved deeply by my parents when all along one of them weren't evenm my parent. You made me call a man who wasn't my dad, dad. You've lied to me about this what else have you lied to me about?' Tasha could see the anger in her daughters eyes. She could kill Jonah right now. Ella stood up and stormed out. Tasha stood up to follow her but irene grabbed her arm.

'Leave it darl. She needs to cool off' She took her in her arms and thats where they sat until robbie got home.

OK only a small chapter I know but it will continue soon.

Will updat in next few days.

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME STRONG LANGUAGE

CHAPTER 25

Robbie came home to a dark house which he thought was strange. Gypsey, who was now head receptionist at the hotel, had found him and said that he'd had quite a few missed calls from Irene and that all she said was he had to get home as soon as he could. But walking into the house, he started to think that maybe he was meant to go to Irenes.

' Hello, is anyone in?' he called out.

' We're upstairs darl' Irene responded.

He dropped his keys and phone on the hall table and headed up the stairs, what was going on, he thougt to himself. As he went to pass ellas room and head for their own room, he caught a movement in the corner of his eyes and turned to look into his daughters room. There sat on the bed was Irene and Tasha. Tash had her head on Irenes chest and he could see sshe had been crying from the redness around her eyes.

' Tash, baby what's happened, whats the matter, wheres Tash?' He rushed over and took his now crying wife into his arms. Tash couldn't reply for crying. ' Irene whats the matter, please just tell me.' He looked at the older women for answers.

' Look Darl, I, It's hard, please just listen to what i'm saying ok' she looked across tasha at him, he nodded now beginning to look worried. ' Ella recieved a letter this morning, it was in with all the other mail, there's no easy way to say this darl, the letter was from Jonah' she stopped and looked at Robbie, his eyes were frozen on her and his grip had loosened from around Tasha, he nodded for irene to continue. ' Well this letter tells her about him being her father. Tasha found her crying in the living room and because she couldn't get a hold of you, she rang me. We explained everything to El, about the believers and mama rose and the rape, she didn't take it very well, kept going on about her life being a lie and ran off.' She stopped and looked from the spot on the bed she'd fixed her eyes to robbie, a tear slid down his cheek, he'd gone plae all of a sudden and he was shaking. He let go of Tasha and stood up.

' Where did she go where is my daughter?' He shouted at the women in front of him. He didn't mean to but knew that if he didn';t shout his voice would be lost in emotion. Irene shook her head.

' We don't know darl, we thought it;s be best to give her some space' Irene shouted the last bit as she watched him dissaper out of the door, she listened as he hammered down the stairs and suddenly everything was quiet again as the front door was slammed shut. The only noise was the sobbing coming from Tash. She pulled the women towards her again and settled down on the bed. This was going to be a hell of a long day. She took out her phone and dialled the only number she had a feeling could help.

' Hi Beth it's irene, yes i'm fine thanks, look it's robbie, Ella knows about Jonah, She ran off nad he's gone after her, yes that would be help darl, I think he's probably headed for the beach, thanks Beth bye' Se placed the phone dow and kissed the top of Tashers head. God, this family had been through enough. The only reason they'd decided to come back to aus was because that bitch Josie russel had gone back to her old ways and had caused robbie and tash to split up for a month, before they both realised she'd become vindictive again. Since being back, they'd heard Josie had ripped off three different people in Boston, including a millionaire, who was now in prison for something everyone was sure Josie did, now just as their life was getting back to normal, Bloomin Jonah shows his ugly mug. She was so angry, she wrapped her arms around Tash, taking out her anger in the hhug. she heard Tash disturb and beant closer as she started to mutter something.

' What if he does something stupid irene, i can't loose my family, i need to go look for them' Tasha pulled out of the womens arms and stood up pulling on her sandals she let drop to the floor earlier on.

' Look, Tash, I think it's best we stay here in case she comes back.' The sentence fell on deafs ears as Tash was already on her way out. She stoiod and picked her phone up and headed after tash typing a text to beth at the same time.

Tash wants to look for them

on mobile if you find them.

She chased after Tash catching just outside the door, she wrapped her arm around her and they headed off towards the beach. Tashas head went from side to side she had to find them she really did. Suddenly she stopped still irene followed her eyeline and found her staring at the people in front of her. They were sat on a bench holding hands, the ladies head was leaning onn the mans shoulder and they were watching Tashas daughter as she walked down the sea edge. She shook her head and came out of the trance, lifting up her skirt she ran towards the couple. They turned and smiled her way.

' You bitch, what are you doing here, how could you do this to us, how could you.' She lifted her hand to punch the women who had now stood up. Irene grabbed her and held her back. She heard voices behind her telling her to stop and next thing robbie was by her side, he saw the couple and turned white agaain. He flew at the man, no one was able to stop him.

' Robbie, man, get off him' Jack, ho had been passing at the time pulled robbie off the man and dragged him to the side, it was only then he saw it was Jonah who robbie had been attacking there was no way he could forget that face. He looked at the women besides him, expecting to see mama rose, shocked at the women who actually was with him. He looked at tasha who was now staring behind him. Jack turned and saw his gorgeous goddaughter stood behind them, her face shocked, tears running down her face. She turned on her heel and headed back down the beach. Tasha made to follow but Jack stood put out his hands and followed her instead. He knew his goddaughter well and knew if she was angry with her mother thats the last person who should follow. He shook his head. Why was Jonah back here, does Ella know the truth and why was that women with him? Tasha and Rob had some explaining to do. But right now alls her cared about was ella.

OK ANOTHER CHAPTER OVA. WHO'S THE MYSTERY WOMEN????????

CHAPTER 26

' Ella. PLease. JUst. Stop, For. One. Minute. Please' Jack called after her, he shouldn't have taken that detective job, now all he had to do was sit behind the desk and throw orders about. He stopped and placed his hands on his knees, gasping for breath. In front of him Ella also stopped and turned to look at her godfather. He looked up and after seeing she had stopped he plonked down in the sand. Ella moved back and sat beside him. Jack raised his arm to wrap around her and changed his mind, what if she didn't want hugging? His answer came a few seconds later when she rested her head on his shoulder. ' So wanna tell me whats going on?' He asked her hoping it wouldn't scare her off.

' Did you know my dad wasn't my dad?' Ella said this as if though it was a joke. Jack nodded.

' Yeah sweetie i did Martha told me. But he is your dad Ella, he was there when you were born, he was there the first time you spoke, and crawled, and walked.' He looked at her and saw just how hurt she was. ' Look Ella, I don't know how you found this out, or way Jonah is here now and why the hell he's brought her with him but, look, I'm goign to be completely adult with you now. He's a real nasty piece of work El, He really did hurt your mum and dad. God, he even locked Martha up. I know his mum, mama rose, had alot to do with what he did, and how he did it, but ella he knew what he was doing. He really really really hurt your mum. I know right now you are probably thinking how can you trust your parents,after all they lied to you all your life. Well ella, they lied to you because they wanted you to have a good life, they didn't want you constantly thinking in the back of your head what if, why, how, you know all the questions that are there now. You have the most amazing dad you could have ever wished for ella. He is so kind and thoughtful. I went for a drink the other week with him and alls he could talk about was you getting a top grade on your english assignment. And the week before about you winning that swimming contest. He even made me come into the house when i dropped him off to show me the award. You're so lucky Ella, you have a family that loves you so so much. My mum passed away when i was young, lucas was still a baby so he never ever realliy knew mum. And you have both a mum and dad who love you so so much. Yeah now you knkow he's not got the same biologies or what ever you want to call it. But he knows everything there is to know about you and your his pride and joy ella.' He looked up and saw his goddaughter crying. 'I'm sorry Ella. I thought it'd be better speaking to you like an adult'. Ella looked at him.

' I'm not crying because of that Jack, I've just realised, me running away like that what if dad thinks i don't love him any more, what if he doesn't wanna know me now i know who my real dad is. i don't want him to feel like that, I love him and he is still my dad I was just annoyed' She spoke so fast jack only just understood what she said.

' You know what El, your dad could never stop loving you and being your dad. He's watched you grow into a beautiful, happy, talented young girl, and believe me when i say he is so proud of you. And no one wcould ever think you don't loove him. We can all see you do.' He wrapped his arms around her tighter. She laughed.

' I can't believe you struggled to run, does Martha know what an old man your turnning into?' She asked him, changing the subject.

' Yeah she ribbed me about it this morning. We got up late and she laughed at how out of breath i was just running round the house. He smiled a sly smile.

' Whats that sly smile?' She clocked it.

' Can I trust you El?' he asked her knowing he could. She nodded ' I'm going to ask Martha if she would like to renew our wedding vows. We never go divorced but i'd like us to do it now we are living toegther do you think that she'll say yes?' he asked seeing a broad smile go on her face.

' I know she''l say yes.' They stayed there watching the sun begin to set. It had been a very very long day.

CHAPTER 27

Vinny and Leah sat on the table outside the diner and surveyed the scene in front of them. A while ago Jack had come running down the beach after Ella, they'd sat down on the sand and hadn't moved since. Jack seemed to be consoling Ella.

' I wonder what thats about' Vinny said, breaking the silence and nodding towards the beach.

' I don't know babes' was all Leah could muster she was so tired. Irene had telephoned earlier saying there was something she had to do and couldn't make it in. Leah couldn't get cover and ended up pulling a double shift. The evening staff had arrived half hour ago and she and vinny had decided to have tea there before heading home.

' Right come on' Vinny said standing up and pulling up his wife.' You are going home, I'm going to run you a nice hot bath and then by the time you get out, you should be relaxed enough to have a nice long sleep. I've texted irene and she's going to cover your shift in the morning as a thankyou for today. You can have a lie in.' He wasn't going to take no for an answer. leah didn't even grumble she rested her head on her husband head and let him lead her home. The idea of bed and bath sounded like heaven. God she was so happy. The bay had gone through a rough patch recently but everything seemed to be getting back to normal.

Brad and Sally sat on the couch in front of the telly, watching one of the new big movies just released onto tv. They were cuddled into the couch. Pippa was staying at her friends for the night, which was a good thing. She'd been pretty clingy lately and they hadn't really spent much time just the two of them.

' Hey why don't we get a picnic sorted in the morning and head to the beach for the day. Pippa will be back early anyway and I'll text Vinny and Leah see if they want to come aswell. Make a real day of it.'

' Yeah that sounds great. How about we leave the picnic and i'll ring through an order at the diner. Let them take care of it'They smiled at each other. They had been so engrossed planning the wedding they never really spoke aabout anything else so it would be nice to have a day out. Brad got up and picked his phone up to text Vinny. Sally went over to the house phone and dialled through to the diner. They met back on the couch ten minutes later. Both smiling.

' Vinny says leah's having a lie in in the morning but they'd meet us at the beach about dinner' He kissed his wife to be on the head.

' The picnics ordered. I've added a choclate cake and a strawberry gateaux aswell' she smiled slyly at him. He rolled his eyes and kissed her again.

God she was so happy. The bay had gone through a rough patch recently but everything seemed to be getting back to normal.

Marilyn and Donald both sat in bed, Donald doing his crossword and Marilyn was painting her nails. They'd been so tired today, they went for a run this morning as part of Marilyns new fitness reigime. Then this afternoon They'd headed to the city to get some new books and things. It was gone eight before they got home and they were both ready to settle down.

' It's been nice hasn't it these last few months, being back here in the bay, catching up with everyone and everything' Marilyn said not even looking up from painting her nails.

' Yes I do believe we made the right move.' Donald put down his paper and pen and turned off the light.

' Good, Night don oh and by the way I have a special surprise for you tomorrow. I need you to be ready to leave here at half nine on the dot. Don't ask questions, don't even mention it. See you tomorrow.' With that she turned off her light rolled over and smiled to herself. She knew her and donn were already happy, but he was going to be even hapier when he sees what she had planned. With that she turned slightly to see his shoulders moving up and down gently. He hadn't slept like this sso easy in london. Now when he settledd down he went straight to sleep.

Cassie and Ric stood in the door frame watching the joy snore. They still felt so privilaged to be able to have that little girl here. Since they had got home with joy just over seven months ago, Flynne had taken to sleeping on the floor at the side of her cot. Everynight as the parents headed to bed Ric lifted his son and took him back to his own room in his own bed. Ric moved to do his nightly routine but Cassie stopped him.

' Leave where he is tonight he looks so peaceful' Cassie whispered to her husband not wanting to disturn her two bundles of happiness. Ric stepped back and wrapped his arms around his wife.

' We're lucky aren't we' it was more of a statement then a question, but cassie nodded anyway.

These last few months had been great, Joy was getting stronger with everyday that went by. Flynne was being such a great little boy and the caravan park was doing really well, so well in fact Ric had bought himself a garage just round the corner and set up 'Rics engines'. It was his passion and Cassie was coping well on her own. Drew was coming up most weekends now, for some reason and he was helping out also. She must speak to ric about that see if he knows why he's spending so much time here. Not now though, right now she needed her sleep. They moved away pulling the door too and headed for there bedroom. They settled into bed snuggled into each others arms. Ric kissed his wife on the head and soon enough she heard him gently start to snore she smiled. God she was so happy. The bay had gone through a rough patch recently but everything seemed to be getting back to normal.

Dan and Rachel lay in bad both in shock. Their baby was only a few months old and now they were going to have another one. They bot didn't know whether to be happy or sad. They'd gone through a rough patch recently. The baby had really tired them out. Katie was a very whingy baby and they were constantlly at her beck and call. They didn;t mind too much because they loved her dearly but it ws tiering. Rachel put her hand on her tummy and sighed. Dan reached out and pllaced his hand on hers.

' You ok?' he asked.

' Yeah, just shocked,confused, tired, you pick' She smiled and turned to face him ' I kind of like the idea of having another child. With me being the age I am the doctors say i was lucky to be able to haveone child. To be pregnant again when I thought there would be no help is pretty amazing' she looked to her husband hoping his face would give away what it was thinking. It didn't.

' I understand and if I'm totally honest with you I like the idea aswell, I'm just worried thats all, I'm worried about you, and also us coping' He looked again at rach.

' I think we'd be ok Dan, we have Brad and Sal, Leah, Ryan and possiblt colleen even if we don't ask her for help' They both chuckled, rachel added ' So. Do we want to do this?' Dan smiled.

' I believe we do. Congratulations gorgeous' he kissed his wife passionatlely. Rachel kissed him back. They pulled apart.

' Congratulations daddy.' Rachel added. They settled down in bed, both feeling very very tired.God she was so happy. The bay had gone through a rough patch recently but everything seemed to be getting back to normal.

Loved the last to chapter... Loved Jack & Ella that was cute.. I don't know who the mystery lady is you didn't say anything about her in the last two chapters???

Can't wait for more...

Wanted to keep you in suspense!

Here goes...........

CHAPTER 28

Tasha and Rob made their way slowly down the beach towards the spot their best friend and daughter were sitting. Jack had just text them telling them to come and get Ella. They moved slowly becuase they were both scared of what reaction they were going to get from thyoung women, thats what she was after all.

'How we going to handle this Tash? What we going to say when she asks why she was with him?' Robbie felt confused but most of all he was ashamed, ashamed for for letting his daugter see him fighting like that.

' I think we should be honest with her. Tell her that yes that was Jonah and that he and her are going to get married' Tasha shrugged what else could she say. ' I think we should warn her about them planning to wed in the bay and that mama rose will be here for the ceremony, more than anything so we're not lying to her' Tasha put her hand on head, she suddenly had a banging headache. Realising Robbie had stopped she looked up and saw he was watching Ella, she stood up watching them, when she saw her mum stop still Ella ran to them opening her arms and taking both her parents into them.

' I'm sorry for acting like a spoilt brat I really am, I was confused and angry and upset and being childish. I understand why you kept it from me and I just want to say thankyou for keeping it from me Jack was right it would have done me more bad than good.' By this point the family had moved forward and joined Jack sat in the sand. Rob put his hand on Jaks back, he didn't need to say anything Jack would understand what he was trying to say.

' We're sorry to Darling, we should have been more open with you even if we didn't tell you who your dad was at least we could have odne is tell you the truth' Tasha rambled.

' I'll always be your dad though el, don't forget that, when you need anyone to talk to or cry to or you need money or anything it's me you come to ok. I love you so so much el, I always have and always will' he put his other arm around her.

' I know daddy I love you too.' It had been a long time since she'd called him daddy. ' Why is he here now, and more importantly why is he here with her?' She asked.

' Well Jonah is here because he is getting married and for some strange reason he chose the bay to host the wedding, and she is his bride.' He stopped and looked at his daughter ' There is more El, i know irene mentioned mama rose to you and me and your mum want to talk to you about her properly soem day, the thing is she is coming to the wedding. She is a very evil women El and we think she coujld try to get to you, so for a couple of weeks we would really appreciate if you stayed close. We understand if you want to meet them properly and things there's nothing we can do about it, but we want you to be honest with us about it ok?' Robbie hoped this would be enough of an explanation the thought of going through it again after hearing them talk about it would make him sick.

' No I don't want to see any of them. YOU are my family. They could never replace you, and to be honest with you. From what I have learnt today I think to talk to them would make me sick. I hate them and I don't even know them, and mum, I know you don't like me using that word even they are who they are. But I don't want to see them, know them or talk to them ever ok?' Ella looked up at her parents they were both crying. she let out a tear and hugged them both. ' Mummy I want to go home' Tasha nodded and stood up with the girl. She headed for home. Rob and Jack followed a few paces behind them.

' Is there anyway to stop Jonah and Mama Rose from coming near any of us, especially those two' Robbie asked pointing at his wife and daughter in front of him. Irene had left and picked the kids up from the babysitter and he'd sent Beth home to be with Mattie and the baby.

' Yeah I think I could sort out injunctions for that no problem. I don'y understand why he wants to get married in the bay and more importantly how those two got together.?' Jack was so confused.

' I can't figure it out myself and talking to them was like shelling peas. They didn't want to talk about anything they hadn't mentioned themselves. Jonah kept mentioning biological rights. Does he have any?' Robbie looked to his friend for answers.

' I don't relly know Rob you'd need to speak to Morag about that. But I can tell you something rob, whilst he's here in town he won't get any where near any of your family.' Robbie smiled at Jack.

' Thanks for pulling me off him before. I don't know what came over me. Some role model i am hey.' he shrugged his shoulders.

' Don't worry about it man I think I would have done the same if I was you' he picked his phone out of the pocket. ' I'll see you lot home and start sorting out everything. I'll get a couple of my uniformed officers to keep an eye on Jonah and i'll put a plain clothed on your street at all times. Ring me if you have a problem.' Jack walked the rest of the way home with the family and he and rob walked into the house first, just to be sure. When he knew evrything was safe he headed for the door he had a few calls to make. Before he left he turned to rob ' Oh yeah Rob do you want josie russell added to the injunction aswell?' He asked. Robbie nodded. How the hell did josie and jonah end up together he was going to have to do some digging.

CHAPTER 29

Marilyn woke early and slipped out of bed, she wanted to get dressed and get out of the house before Donald woke up. Her surprise was due to land at the airport in an hour. She pulled on her gown and headed for the spare bedroom. She'd laid all her clothes out on the readyily made up spare bed the day before. She wouldn't desturb don that way. She'd sneaked around for days, organising extra food, clean bedding and making sure the house was nice and tidy. Donald had figured something was up but didn't know what. He looked perplexed the night before when she'd told she had a surprise and to be up and dressed by nine. She should be back at the house for around 9.15. She wanted to see his face, she wanted it to be 9.15 now and her to be walking back into the house with her guests.

Checking her reflection in the mirror she brushed on some lip gloss, picked up her keys and slipped out of the house, she'd checked in on don just as she was about to leave and he was fast asleep. Getting into the car she silently closed the door and started the engine, slipping it into gear she headed off down the drive and onto te road for the airport. Checking her mirror one last time she saw her house still asleep. She looked at the clock and put her foot down, wanting to get there and get back. She sent a text to her accomplice in the bay.

On my way now.

Will be passing your in about ten minutes.

M

She kept an eye on the screen it flashed up, ' message sent to: Sally'. She smiled and turned left. pulled up outside Sals house just as she was coming out of the door. Sally climbed into the passenger seat and kissed the older women on the cheek.

' Hey I checked online the plane will be in on time' She stated as Marilyn set off. Marilyn had been back in the bay for a little over a year and had asked sally to go with her to the airport because she feared she may just get lost.

' Good, I'm so excited Sal, it's going to make his year' She smiled at herself unable to believe she had kept the secret for so long.

At half past eight Marilyn's phone beeped.

Marilyn where are you?

She smiled, poor donald must be panicked waking up to an empty house. She quickly texted back.

I'm fine Donald just relax,

will be back later.

love youxxxx

' That was don, the daft beggar was asking where i was.' She laughed as did her passengers. She looked into the mirror at the back seat passengers and smiled. It had been eighteen month since they last saw each other. and that visit had only been two days.Now they were going to have six months to catch up. She listened as sally chatted away catching up with the women in her car and telling her all about what was happening in the bay. Before long they had pulled up putside sallys and she jumped out blowing kisses at everyone in the car and promising to ring later on and arrange a catch up. marilyn carried on excitement growing like a frog jumping in her stomach. She drove up to the house and parked up checking to see if don looked out of the window, as suspected he didn't she knew he would be sat at the kitchen table, his newspaper spread out in front of him engrossed in one story or another, like he was every morning for at least an hour. She stepped out of the car and opened the door for the others to follow they left the bags in the boot and headed in. As marilyn opened the door she could smell breakfast, the fresh cofee and possibly a faint smell of croissants. Smiling at hersalf she shouted out to Donald.

' Donald, it's me are you ready for your surprise?' She stood and waited. She heard don's chair scrape on the floor and herd his footsteps nearing. He rounded the corner and stopped stock still.

' Bobby, Frank!' he exclaimed. Bobby ran into her dads arms.

' Hello Dad.' She let her head rest in his shoulder. god she'd missed him, and the bay.

After half hour of catching up, the four of them headed out for a walk, Donald wanted to show bobby and frank the bay, and how much it had changed. As they passed the various houses donald told them who lived there and what they did for a living, Marilyn told them about what was going on in all their lives. Bobby founf Marilyns stories much better.

' This house here is the hunter household. That half is where Bath and Tony live, they are due to be married soon and that half is where young Lucas lives with his mife Mattie and their new baby Hayley.' Mattie is Beths daughter and Lucas is tonys son.' Donald said.

' Yes, Tony was going to marry irene after he split up from Beth. But irene fell back in love with her ex boyfriend Barry, who was principle at the school until he got sent to prison for killing the town mayre. at the same time as she was doing that Tony was falling back in love with Beth. Beth split with her husband who is a doctor in the city, after the'd been married for six months. Her divorce came through last week.' Marilyn paused for breath, and to let her step daughter take in what she'd just said.

' Thats where Alf Stewart lives, although now he is known as Alf Cruise.' Donald shook his head, he'd only had one ancounter with alf since that first night and that had been an hello and goodbye moment.

' Yes, he has three tv shows going now, he's become the face of australia. he's rumoured to be getting married to Jackie Stalone after they were pictured coming out of a hotel suite in the morning.' Marilyn loved reading those glossy magazinnes, and by the look on bobbys face she loved the fact Marilyn read them. Bobby headed up to the gate and pressed the button.

' Bobby what are you doing?' don looked taken aback.

' Yes, can you state your full name and the purpose of your visit' a stuck up voice replied through the intercom. Bobby put on a voice of her own.

' Yes, my name is Bobby, Alf will know who it is when he hears the name thank you' She smiled at her husband and parents. A few minutes passed and the voice came back.

' I'm sorry Bobby, mr Stewart does know who you are but he is busy doing his pilates and can't talk right now. If you'd like to leave a message then please speak now' The lady at the other end seemed like she had something better to be doing.

' Yes just tell him the bays burned down whilst he's been in his little cocoon and aliens have taken over' she blew rasperries into the intercom and carrie on walking. Donald and Frank shook their heads non of them thought Bobby would ever grow up and in secret they hoped she wouldn't. They walked for three hours, stopping off at the diner for a coffee before continuing. Everything seemed so different to them.

Archived