Will & Grace

Guest Dean

Just Jack and Karen :lol: they are the most flamboyant, quirky and funny characters ever. I loved them and I hope there is a spin-off. :D

They already had their own little side show going on, in Will & Grace, and to be honest a lot of viewers watched the show for them alone. I know I mostly did, I liked Will and Grace too, but Jack and Karen were the highlight. I don't think they should be put off by the lack of success Joey had. That failed because Joey was one sixth of a group that worked well together and bounced off each other. They took Joey out alone and expected him to work on his own. Big mistake. Whereas with Jack and Karen, they are awesome together, have great chemistry, are great characters and are still going to have each other to bounce off of. If the writing's still as good as before, then I think it could work. And they have to bring Rosario back with them too. :D

Thanks for posting that article Andrew. :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to sound kind of lame, but the reason I don't like Jack is that scene in the second season where he and Karen are outside Will's apartment, Will's left a sign telling Jack to stay out because he's having his floors redone and he doesn't want them walked on. Jack reads it, and then throws the note away saying "It's not for us!" Even Kramer treated Jerry with more respect. That's not to say that he wasn't fun to watch - the scene where Will kisses Jack during a vox pop by Al Roker was great, as was when he comes out to his mother. I just wouldn't personally be able to put up with him, nor Karen.

That's the point though. They're both horrible people who no-one would want to be like or be around unless they themselves were a horrible person, but they're great characters because they're so dumb and self-absorbed that they genuinely think that the way they behave is good and appropriate. It's dramatic irony.

Fair enough, but that's why I thought they would have worked better in Seinfeld, a show where you weren't meant to like any of the characters.

Incidentally, there's a hilarious outtake on the scene I mentioned before, where Will actually confronts Jack on the other side of the door, which Sean evidently wasn't expecting. It's on the second season DVD box set.

My favourite scene in the first couple of seasons, which I think is on sometime next week, is when Will is in an arbitration session representing his firm against Grace's company. Grace basically uses every legal cliche she can think of, leading up to the hilarious line, "Miss Adler, though it's clear you know a lot of legal terms, you've yet to use a single one correctly." "May I approach the bench?" "You'd have to build one first." :lol:

Archived