Will & Grace

Guest Dean

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all four of them for different reasons. I'm uneasy about having a whole show of Karen and Jack. They are very over the top characters, which balanced Will and Grace's mundaneness out perfectly. It's an exciting idea in theory, but in practice I'd be wary of it. I mean, look at "Joey"... The dumb character who can't function by himself... not surprisingly... fails to function by himself. Joey was a great character as a part of a six character set, and I think that Jack and Karen might be subject to the same principle. Jack and Karen are both much stronger characters (and actors) than Joey ever was so I'm not saying it WILL fail, just that it concerns me that they're trying to revive characters from a show that had a wonderful send-off. I'm scared it will spoil them.

Those thoughts do concern me, but it's not like it's just Jack (JUST JACK! had to add that in :P) or just Karen getting their own spin off, it's reported that it's those two character together, who worked perfectly great as a duo in a show that wasn't about them. I think they have enough chemistry, witt and humour to pull off their own series... Bring in Rosario and Belverly (wherever he flew off to from that balcony) and it would be a pefect mix!

^^ If they do a spin-off, Rosario would have to be there, Karen wouldn't be the same without her :P

Anyway, here's ana article about the spin-off

Spin-off for Will & Grace?

Karen and Jack sitcom planned

Former Will And Grace co-stars Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes are reportedly set to star in a spin-off of the hit sitcom.

The pair will reprise their roles in Karen + Jack, which is currently in development at the NBC network.

According to American tabloid The National Enquirer, Hayes was keen on a spin-off soon after Will And Grace ended in 2006 - but was put off by the failure of Matt LeBlanc's Joey.

An unnamed insider said: ‘They feel there is still a lot of life left in their characters and a lot of comic possibilities.’

If a pilot episode is successful, Karen + Jack is likely to air in the US in autumn 2009.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2008/10/04/7..._&_grace%3F

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a131817/w...-the-works.html

According to American tabloid The National Enquirer, Hayes was keen on a spin-off soon after Will And Grace ended in 2006 - but was put off by the failure of Matt LeBlanc's Joey.

Well at least they've thought it through! :lol:

I did forget about Rosie. I would hope she's there. It really wouldn't be the same without her. I'm wondering how they will frame it though, since Will & Grace ended in the distant future.

I think I'll view this news with cautious optimism. Thanks for posting the article :)

No problems Jem :).

I completley forgot Will & Grace ended in the future. I don;t know, maybe they'll set it in between the last scene of the present, and will deal with whatever Karen & Jack were going through then, completely excluding W&G :unsure:

Archived