Behind Closed Doors

Guest allibaz91

Lol of course she's always suspicious - he's always up to something :P

Cliffies are the best part about writing fics lol :lol:

Anyway, thanks very much for the review :D and I'll update soon (hopefully quicker than last time at any rate!!)

Thanks again, and goodnight!! xx

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter and Clare are so cute, *sigh*

I thought you loved Panda more than anything? :P

Ali, that was fantastic. A very hillarious chapter, I might add.

“The sooner you leave, the sooner you can come back and make sure I haven’t thrown any wild parties while you’ve been away.”

My favourite line in the entire chapter. The interaction between them is really great. Update soon. :D

Lol wow thanks, swfc!! Glad I made someone laugh other than myself :P (usually at how cheesy my writing is lol :lol:)

Shan is swinging this way lol, she can't help it, she's under too much pressure ..... :P

And yes Shan, we are tlaking about you when youre not around!!!!!

I'll try and update again tonight if possible :)

Woop! About an hour and a half - this is a record for me, updating when I say I will!!

Anyway, here's the next chapter, everybody!! Hopefully there will be no more massive delays lol :P

Chapter 15

The morning of Clare’s birthday dawned clear and bright – a perfect morning, thought Peter, for his perfect woman. And his surprise was scheduled for exactly … fifteen minutes time?! So much for not needing an alarm, he thought angrily. He pressed the red button quickly, and only a few moments later Clare entered the room, smiling. Poor, unsuspecting Clare – she had no idea what he could get done in ten minutes left alone in the house.

“What’s with the stupid grin?” she asked suspiciously. “I know you’ve done something.”

Well, maybe not totally unsuspecting. But she couldn’t know what was coming.

“You’ve been on my case for like a week,” he said, feigning offence. “Don’t you think it’s time you let this whole ‘Pete’s up to something’ theory go? You have no proof.”

“Doesn’t mean there’s no case,” Clare shot back, although she laughed, as did he.

“We’re acting like we’re working on a case together, you know. It’s pretty pathetic.”

“What’s pathetic about it?!” she asked, getting defensive. “I don’t know what you expect, after ten years working together, on and off. Something’s got to come off in everyday life.”

“I guess …” Peter grinned again as he sat up in bed, leaning over towards her.

“Happy birthday,” he whispered in her ear. Her face broke into an embarrassed smile, and she looked at the floor. He saw her cheeks flush, and felt that familiar swooping sensation in his stomach. There was no way these feelings were one-sided, not going by that.

“I can’t believe you remembered,” she said quietly, smiling at him shyly.

“As if I could forget,” he told her, causing her to go from red to scarlet. “And I got you something – it’s nothing much, I mean, I haven’t had time to wrap it or anything …”

“What are you talking about? You haven’t left the house – you haven’t left this bed!”

“Well, actually …”

Peter sat up higher in bed, ignoring Clare’s look of concern. Little did she know … all those times she had ‘just nipped out,’ or gone for a shower – little did she know he had been exercising, a little more each day, until today. He had taken some severe flak from Sam over this surprise; he had tapped out his favours for the next few months; he had even made the phone call to the dreaded sister. There was no way he was spending her birthday cooped up in this room – so he had done everything possible to get into shape. He just hoped it worked …

“Oh, my God!” Clare grabbed him by the arms, looking anxious, as he straightened up.

“Did you really think you were getting to spend your birthday running around doing every little thing for me?” Peter asked her jokingly, stretching, as she watched him gobsmacked.

“I don’t believe it! The doctor didn’t think you’d be up for weeks!” she gasped.

“Doctors! What do they know?” he answered her cheekily. “Come on, let’s go downstairs – I am sick to death of these four walls, and that is not an exaggeration.”

“Just because you can get out of bed, doesn’t mean I won’t fuss over you obsessively.”

“So now you’re obsessed with me?” he replied teasingly, and she smacked him in the chest, and then clapped her hand over her mouth when he winced in pain.

“Damn it!” she cried out. “I am so sorry – are you okay?!”

He grinned cheekily and stood up, with her still trying to support him.

“Better than that,” he said, grinning. She laughed aloud and pulled him into a hug – not the kind he’d been used to, from above his bed, but a proper hug. It was … amazing. He pulled her close to him, hugging her tight, and she sighed peacefully.

“This is the best birthday present ever,” she told him happily, but before he could reply, the doorbell went. He grinned as she pulled out of his embrace, looking towards the stairs.

“What the …?”

“I told you I had a surprise,” Peter told her, still grinning. She just looked blankly at him.

“You organised something? But, I don’t understand, how did you –?”

“Shouldn’t you be getting that?” he cut her off, as the doorbell rang again. She shot him an extremely suspicious look and hurried down the stairs to answer it. He followed more slowly, and heard her squeal excitedly as she opened the door.

“Oh my God, Julie!!” she cried, and Peter heard her older sister squealing just as loudly and both of them laughing aloud. “What are you doing here?!”

“Happy birthday, Clare!” Julie’s voice floated up the stairs to Peter as he tried to figure out how he was going to get down them without falling. One at a time, he thought to himself, edging over the first one. Success!

“Come in, sit down!” Peter heard footsteps and laughing, as Clare and Julie made their way into what he assumed to be the living room. He finally made his way to the bottom of the stairs, and saw Clare and Julie sitting chatting away. Julie waved cheerfully at him, grinning, and that was when Clare spotted him. She muttered something in her sister’s ear and came into the narrow hallway, pulling the door closed behind her and smiling shyly.

“I can’t believe you did that,” she said hoarsely, her eyes welling up with tears.

“I really hope those are tears of happiness,” he said, wiping one from her soft cheek. She smiled up at him, blinking back the tears herself now.

“Tears of extreme gratitude,” she replied, her voice barely above a whisper now.

“Well I’m glad,” he said, meaning it whole-heartedly. “You deserve this – I mean, after all you’ve done for me since I woke up, the least I can do for you is –”

But he never got to finish his sentence, as Clare stood on her tiptoes, reaching up, and kissed him softly for a few moments, right on the lips. He was surprised, but kissed her back until she pulled away from him. And for once, she didn’t freak out. She smiled, and bit her lip nervously as she looked into his eyes. He stroked her cheek.

“Clare, I don’t … well, I don’t know, what does this mean, for us?” he asked. She didn’t answer right away, but continued to smile unsurely. She then drew slowly away from him, but not in the manner of having a freak-out. Then, she took a deep breath.

“Baby steps, yeah?” she said finally, smiling hopefully. He tried to hide it, but he could feel the huge grin spreading over his face at her words. ‘Baby steps’ was an improvement!

“Baby steps,” he agreed, and she half-laughed at his massive smirk. She then reached up once again and kissed him lovingly, massaging his tongue with hers for just a moment. When she pulled away, she grinned bashfully and wiped the faint lipstick from his mouth, then turned and went back into the living room, leaving the door open for him to follow.

Enjoy! :D

Panda is what me and Shan love more then anything........

But when you read this fic you just imagine at how much Claire and Pete suit :wub:

*starts to wonder if Chrissie is trying to change Shans mind *

No, not trying to change Shan's mind at all. Why would I? Do remember, I'm not the one writing this fic. Alison is. But, Shan has already declared her love for Panda so nothing much we can do about it.....

And I dont know about Chrissie, but I've been trying to change Shan's mind at any rate lol! *blushes* Pete and Clare are meant to be - Panda can get in line :P

I agree whole-heartedly with that, Alison. Back off, Panda. :P

a perfect morning, thought Peter, for his perfect woman.

Aww, that's so true. She's perfect for him.

I loved this chapter. Mainly because they FINALLY kissed for real this time and also because Peter was being really cheeky in this chapter. Lol, Peter going down the stairs was funny. I actually pictured it in my head....

It was really awesome, Ali... Update soon. :D

Archived