Moonlit Walks and Summer Dreams (by sevenpuddings) - comments

Jackieleanne

Loved it! Really like Cassie's and Matilda's friendship.

I was really looking foward to some Matilda and Lucas fluff, well maybe there will be some soon!

I was really beginning to like Sara before her outburst, wonder if she will becoming back.

Can't wait for an update :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jade you are an angel thanks for the update.

And Jess...thanks for the chapter. Once again you continue to excel yourself. Just when I think it's all going to be plain sailing you throw more twists and turns in.

Their voices mingled and mixed into one another, as my eyelids drooped, and I became dangerously close to falling into a deep, heat driven sleep. It had been three days now. Three days of heat, three days of lazing around because there was nothing to do. Two days since Sara has stormed out of Luke’s life, screaming at Mattie for things neither of us could even begin to comprehend. Two days of awkward interaction, of fast talking Gilmore Girls, of surfing and sunbaking, and attempts to make it feel as it once did.
Another great introduction.

“Well, if you two would actually learn to surf…” Ric began, grinning at Luke as Mattie and I groaned in unison.

“Will they never learn?” I asked Mattie, who shook her head solemnly.

“Apparently not.” She replied, her eyes closing, a small, sly smile forming on her face.

I love these little interactions, the hoes over bros undercurrent that runs through this fic.

“Because.” Ric said, “You two have been doing that best friend thing all summer. Following one another when the other storms off, having secret looks that clearly mean something, but never letting us in.” He said nonchalantly. “So it just figures that you’d go after her, have one of your bonding moments and you’d both come back all sunshine and smiles.”
My God...an observant male...I need to have his phone number asap!

“Maybe I’m scared of being trapped in something I never really felt.” She said, her eyes glistening with tears as she turned to look at me. “Maybe I just want to be able to live my life without wondering if this really is the right thing. Maybe, I don’t want to go back.” She whispered, turning to run back to the house, past Luke and Ric, who were standing on the shore.

Wow, I didn't see that coming. I did feel her confusion though, her trauma, I could almost see her shrugging her shoulders, ignoring Cassie's gaze. Great writing.

Loved the open ending too. Once again a great update, too much to ask for more Jade?

Wow Jess that was a brilliant chapter you really got the friendship between Luke and Ric perfectly and I could really see that happening, it was nice to see the lads talking about their love for the girls and to see how Luke went from being angry at Mattie to breaking down and letting Ric know what he really felt and why he was angry at her. I really hope we can get some fluffy ending I thought he was gonna go back to Sara for a second. :) Great work Jess and thanks Jade for posting. :)

Wow Okay. Firstly I couldn't believe that there was a double post, but then how could I contain my excitement after discovering that there were THREE updates since I last checked. I wanted to dance with joy. And you sure didn't disappoint. I'm sorry but I cannot do justice to review all three stories as I am only on for another five minutes. So I just wanted to say they were fabulous and emotional, but I will review properly later. WOO HOO Lucas wants Mattie...well except all the doubts at the end and Mattie being distant (but I'll get to that next time)

Great work Jess! And thanks for the updates Jade :)

She doth return!

Yay, I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the final chapters of such a saga! Jade, you are an angel for posting, and I've said it before, but dude, you so seriously rock!

Thank you all so much for the continuous reviews while I wasn't here - we seem to be a rather tight group in this particular thread - but I so wouldn't change your reviews for the world.

Yes, Sara was a cow - misunderstood, as I like to see it - and yep, Luke wants Mattie - however, in the final chapter thats left, I can promise nothing - only that I hope everyone goes into it with an open mind, and draws their own conclusions at the end... hopefully I haven't given too much away, but you know - this really is the end.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this story by the end of January - which is practically a year since I wrote the first - who knows, maybe everything will go full circle - I just hope everyone stays tuned to find out!

Thanks a million again!

And yay for getting you dancing Kase! I'm glad you liked them!

Squeel Jess that was brilliant I got my fluffy ending that I had dreamed about yeah they are back together. I loved it it was all perfectly brilliant I especailly loved this last bit.

“We need to do this right. We need to start from the beginning.” I said, as he looked at me, confused, and a little bewildered. “Hi,” I said, holding my hand out to him, “I’m Matilda Hunter.” A mischievous smile played on my as Luke looked at my hand apprehensively. “Come on Luke,” I said, before covering my mouth, giggling. “I mean, person I haven’t been introduced to.”

“I’m Lucas Holden.” He replied, taking my hand that I’d dropped, and shaking it firmly. “It’s nice to meet you Matilda Hunter.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Lucas Holden.” I replied, smiling shyly back at him.

Together, we sat on the beach that afternoon, and simply spoke. Of things that had happened once upon a time… of memoires that had been dredged up by the all-encompassing summer… words that had remained unspoken for so long.

Awww its the end of the trilogy. I can't wait to read more of your stories Jess your a brilliant writer. :)

jess that was just brilliant .... as usual. im actually running late now to meet friends but i just couldnt resist when i saw that a new chapter had been added.

I'm sad that this fic has ended but what an ending! your writing continues to amaze me, just fantastic. hope for many more fanfics from you

xsam

That was absolutely absolutely BRILLIANT I can't beleive that this has finally come to an end, I was and I will admit it, crying with happiness at the ending. I am just so glad that it finished the way it did, the way it should, the way we always knew it would cause inevitably you could never ever keep Luc and Mattie apart they were made for eachother!!!

I am sad that this story has ended but I knew and have to accept that all stories come to an end!!!

I cannot wait to see where you take your talents next cause I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE all you stories that are based around these young adults!!!

Thankyou for these wonderful stories that have lightened up our year and involved us in their lives!!!

Sasha xx

Edited by shortie_689

Wow - thank you all so much for the wonderful response :D I'm seriously so pleased everyone enjoyed it. And yes shortie - there is always more writing in store - I may take a short break but there will be another story eventually - I'm just so very glad everyone loved the ending of this one! Yay, and thanks to everyone who actually read it! You've been so wonderful to me!