A Match Made in Heaven

Guest +~Nicole~+

Chapter 5

It was the afternoon of the date. Sally was with her class, she had been teaching them about the Maratime Strike of 1890 but somehow they didn't get very far in it as Sally was too excited, or maybe to nervous to teach. The bell rings Sally's class begins to walk out the door, "Sorry, excuse me, where do you think you're going? Sally asked. "Ah the bell, Miss Fletcher, it just rang to go home" Mattie replied to her with a confused look on her face, "Ohh i'm sorry Matilda, i've just got other things on my mind today, go ahead" Sal chuckled. "Are you ok Sally?" Matilda asked. Sally noticed that she used her first name, instead of Miss Fletcher, which Mattilda usually calls her at school, so she knew Mattie was serious. "No" Sally laughed, "I'm fine Matilda, thankyou".

That afternoon seemed to be going at such a slow pace, it was like the clock wasn't even moving. 5:45, the clock read, finally, Sally said to herself as she started to get ready. She must have tried on at least 6 dresses before finding the perfect one. It was black and went to just below the knees it had faint sparkles which shimmered whenever she walked. Sally looked over her reflection for only the twentieth time that minute. Earings? Check. Hair? Good. Dress? Perfect for a first date. Shoes? Turning away from the mirror, she smiled at Ric who stood leaning against the doorway. "You look really nice" He said honestly. "Thanks Ric" She answered appreciatively, walking towards her bed and taking a seat. She met Ric's eyes and patted the space next to her. He answered her silent command, sitting next to his foster mother. "Are you sure you're okay with this Ric? "Yeah, I'm totally fine with it." He replied with a smile, which matched Sally's.

Sally placed an arm around her son. "I'm proud of you, you know that? Very proud" "Thanks. It means a lot to me that you are. I want to make you proud" Sally placed a kiss upon Ric’s forehead. "Well you have and you always will. Flynn, too"

Ric closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, he glanced at the clock beside Sally's bed. "When's Brad coming?"

"7:00"

"It's 6:45 now, I better let you finish getting ready.” "Thanks" Ric and Sally stood up and hugged tightly. "You look nice." Ric reiterated. "Brad may need his sister tonight; his jaw might break" Sally tried to suppress a giggle. No such luck. As Ric turned to walk away, he stopped in the doorway for a moment, breathing in deep. “I love you…Mum”. "I love you too, Ric" Sally warmly replied before Ric walked out the door and left her to finish getting ready.

Downstairs

There was a knock at the door, it was Brad. He was dressed in a black and white tux. "Come in" he heard simutaniously. Ric and Cassie arose from the lounge where they had been watching tv to see Brad standing nervously in the door. "Wow, Brad... You look great" Cassie stated "I'll just go and see if Sally is ready". As Cassie headed upstairs Brad took a seat at the kitchen table. "You look a bit pale there, Brad" Ric joked. "Ah man, I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my throat, im so nervous. I don't usually get nervous, but look at me. My palms are sweaty and..." "Wait 'til you see what she's wearing." Ric joked, "Thanks mate, that made me feel a whole lot better" Brad replied jokingly. "Nah, you'll be fine Brad". Just at that moment, Cassie headed back down the stairs. "She'll be down in a minute" Cassie told Brad. "Hey Cass, we better go and ah, you know, meet Matilda" Ric winked. "Huh" Cassie replied, looking puzzled. "Oh! Matilda, yeah" Cassie replied, catching on. Ric Cassie started walking out the door before Ric turned around "Remeber mate, you'll be fine. Just have her home by midnight will ya?" Ric chuckled before leaving.

Another minute passed, which felt like an eternity to Brad before Sally started coming down the stairs. Brad's eyes lit up when he saw her, as did Sally's when she saw Brad. "Wow" were the only words that Brad could let out. "Sally you look.... so beautiful" he commented as he kissed her on the cheek. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself" replied Sally. "Well" Brad cleared his throat. "I've been given orders to have you home by midnight, so we better get going" Brad informed Sally, before taking her by the hand and leading her out the door.

"Are we there yet?" Sally jokingly cried to Brad. "Nearly there". "Nearly where?" Sally questioned. "Ahh here we are" Brad informed her. "The boat shed?" a puzzled Sally replied. "Hey, it's not just the boat shed". Brad put his hand over Sally's eyes before leading her forth onto the peir with the other hand. Sally began to get impatient, "Did I ever tell you how much I hate suprises?". Brad didn't answer her, he just kept on walking down the pier. Finally, he stopped walking. He had led her to a canopy with beautiful rose petals spread out accross the ground with candles giving off the light. There was a trolley of gourmet food which Brad had previously prepared set out. Brad removed his hand from Sally's eyes. She gasped when she saw the beautiful sight before her eyes.

...to be continued

Sorry, I know I said this will be the date. Technically, it is lol, but i'm just going to do it in two parts so it isnt as long.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read a Gilmore Girls fic so sorry if this is too romantic, haha :P.

Chapter 6

Sally stood in awe when she saw the beautiful setting of the gourmet food, set out with an abundance of candles flickering around them both giving off the light and smelling the beautiful smell of the rose petals that surrounded her. Then sound of the ocean made it even more special. “Wow. Brad this is so beautiful” She gasped. “I can’t believe you went to all this trouble”. “You call this trouble?” Brad joked, “Trouble will be our next date, when I have to think of something to top this one”.

“So this is what you were doing when you weren’t at school this morning?” “Ha ha, yeah, sort of. Well, since Rachel and I don’t have a cooking bone in either of our bodies I asked Leah if she could come over and help me with the cooking so that there would be some edible food”. “Well by the look of it Brad, you both did a great job”. They both stood smiling at each other before Brad let go of her hand and seated her at the table.

“Brad… This is beautiful. I should get you to cook more often”, Sally stated. “I think you mean that you should get Leah to cook more often. You’re eating the one she cooked – I’ve got mine…” he said in an unpleasant tone. “May I try some of yours then?” Sally asked. “Go ahead”. Sally reached across the table and took a spoonful of Brad’s cutlets in white wine sauce. Sally didn’t have to say a word Brad knew she didn’t like it. Sally began to laugh. “What’s so funny?” Brad question in between trying not to laugh himself. “I’m sorry Brad, I know I shouldn’t be laughing after all the trouble you went to but that’s just terrible” Sally and Brad continued to laugh before she offered to share her dinner with him. “You can really taste the difference can’t you?” joked Brad.

After finishing dinner, Brad and Sally moved on to desert, where this time Sally ordered Brad to give her the one he had made so he could have the better. "I don't think I could fit another thing in !” he moaned before pushing away his plate. Sally reached across the table, taking hold of Brad’s hand, entwining her fingers in his. “Thank you for such a wonderful night Brad.” She smiled. “It was my pleasure” he returned, smiling back at her.

A few moments later, Brad arose from his seat and walked over to a cd player which was hidden behind some flowers. ‘You and I’ by Michael Buble began playing, he walked over to Sally and held out his hand, “Would you care to dance, Ms. Fletcher?”. Sally smiled shyly and looked to the ground before taking Brad’s hand, accepting his offer. They began slow dancing at the end of the pier, over looking the moonlit ocean. “I don’t think I’d rather be anywhere else in the whole world right now” Brad informed Sally before moving his hand down to the small of her back , pulling her closer towards him. “I don’t think I’d rather be anywhere else either” Sally smiled before leaning into his body and resting her head against his chest. After dancing for another twenty minutes or so they decided to call it a night as it was getting late and they both had school the next day. They walked home hand in hand, both with smiles matching each others.

They began approaching Sally’s house where they saw the lights were still on. “Looks like they waited up for you, Sal”. Sally stopped in motion and turned to face Brad, “I really wish tonight didn’t have to come to and end Brad, I had such a wonderful time” she informed him, before continuing “Would you like to do this again for lunch tomorrow?” Brad responded by leaning in a kissing Sally. “I take that as a yes?” She chuckled, before kissing Brad back, “Totally a yes” Brad replied in between kisses. “I’ll see you then” Brad smiled as began to walk home.

Chapter 7 - the final chapter - coming soon

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 7

It had only been a mere twelve hours since Brad and Sally’s date but to Sally it felt like only five minutes ago Brad was taking her hand and leading her onto the pier for a dance. Sally awoke that morning and a smile suddenly arose on her face as she remembered what took place the night before. She reached over to her bedside table and took out her diary, to write an entry about her first date with Brad.

“Brad and I had our first date last night and I must say that it was one of the best I have ever been on – not that I’ve been on that many. The amount of time and thought it must have taken to prepare that date, I can’t even begin to imagine. I had such a great time. When I saw him downstairs before the date, it just felt so right. I know I told Flynn that I would never find someone else, and as he told me otherwise, I didn’t think in my wildest dreams that I could ever feel this way about someone again. I can’t explain how I’m feeling - there aren’t any words that could describe it. I’m just really happy at the moment and I owe it all to Brad.

At the moment I’m sort of dreading going downstairs as I’ll have to face ‘20 questions’ from Ric, Cassie, and Martha. Maybe I can just sneak out the back way and head to the diner for breakfast? I know I’ll have to face them sooner or later but I’d prefer later as I just want to keep this between Brad and I for the time being”.

Sally quickly dressed herself and headed out the side door. She had decided to head to the diner for breakfast after all. As she passed the stairs which led to Brad’s apartment she looked up to see his door wasn’t open, which meant that he wasn’t awake yet, a little to her disappointment though - she really wanted to see him again.

“Sal! Hey!” Leah excitedly greeted her as she walked through the door. “Hey Leah” she replied before remembering a few reasons why it was a bad idea to come here for breakfast the night after her date; one of them namely Colleen, who she knew was going to ask her a million questions about her first date, or go on about Lancies first date. Luckily she was busy at the moment, attending to a customer at the till.

“That’ll be $10.50” she informed the customer. After handing the over the change Sally headed over to the counter, followed by Leah, to place her order. “Could I please just get some blueberry pancakes?” “Sure thing Pet” Colleen returned as she wrote down her order and placed it on the stack of the many others, meaning there would be a bit of a wait for breakfast that morning. “It’s not often we see you in here for breakfast, Sally.” Colleen informed her “Ah well, I just didn’t feel like cooking breakfast this morning. Plus there’s not really any use cooking for one as Cassie and Ric have probably already gone over to see Matilda”.

“So what brought you here, Sal? An attraction to a certain patron perhaps? Anything you want to tell me about? Maybe your date with Brad?” Leah asked sarcastically. “Umm… no, not really”, Sally replied shyly. “Aww, come on Sal. Just a little bit?”. Leah was a bit disappointed; after all, Sally was the first person she went to after her first date with both Vinnie, and Dan. “Leah!” Sally joked. “Fine then. However, when you decide you want to tell me about it I’m here, waiting”. “I’ll keep that in mind” Sally replied.

She had ever intention of sharing all of the juicy details with her best friend just not then.

At that moment, as Sally stood at the counter talking to Leah, Brad came downstairs and stopped in motion when he saw Sally before him.

“Hi, Brad”. She greeted him as if they hadn’t seen each other for a few weeks or more, not a few hours. “Hi, Sally” he returned not even noticing Leah who was now standing beside him. "I've just ordered some blueberry muffins for breakfast, would you like to join me?" A hopeful Sally asked Brad, who was dressed in his suit, ready for school. "Ah, no. Sorry I can't. I've really got to get to school. I have a meeting with the Head of Departments at 8". Sally was disappointed but tried to hide it with her smile "That's ok. Have a great day". Brad noticed that Sally was a bit disappointed. "Actually! Speaking of school, I really need you to sign that roster that the H.O.D's wanted to see." Brad informed her as he paid for his breakfast that he had already eaten up in his apartment. "Roster? What Roster?" a confused Sally replied. Brad subtly winked at her before giving her a cheeky smile. "It's upstairs, on the counter. Do you mind just heading up there now and signing it? It'll only take mintue". Sally was more confused than ever at this point but headed upstairs to sign the "Roster". "I better go up with her" He informed Leah, "She might not be able to find it all of my mess".

Leah stood there smiling as she new what was going on. "What are you so happy about, Pet?" Colleen asked. "The roster, Colleen... the roster." Colleen, her usual self, stumbled around the cupboards looking for utensils when she yelled back in her usual tone "I don't get what's so important about a roster?". Leah chuckled to herself as she headed out to serve table 5 their food.

Sally was wandering around Brad's kitchen looking all over the counter for his "roster" that he had sent her to sign. Brad snuck up behind her and grabbed her waist from behind. "I thought you'd never cotton on" Brad chuckled before kissing her on her neck and spinning her around so she was facing him. "Cotton on?" Sally asked. Brad kissed her on the lips. "Okay, maybe you didn't cotton on, but it doesn't matter. You're here now". Sally laughed as she finally got what he was talking about. "I'm so glad I got to see you again, Brad. Even though we only went out on the date last night I woke up this morning and I missed you already". They began to kiss. "I missed you too" Brad replied standing back from Sally. He leant into kiss her again, this time they kissed more passionately.

Sally noticed what time it was by the clock on the wall, 7:55am, five minutes until Brad's meeting. "Brad. Your meeting. It's in five minutes" She informed him, sounding a little shocked. "The meeting can wait" He replied before they began kissing again. "Brad... You have to go to this meeting. I don't think that they would like it if you were late because the principal was making out with a teacher", she laughed. "Awwwww" Brad sounded, disappointedly.

"Can we meet up after school?" Sally asked. "Definitely" Brad returned, smiling. "Okay, good. I'll meet you on the beach at about 4 o'clock". She kissed him one more time before he ran out and headed to the school for the meeting.

Sally headed back downstairs, through the diner, where she ran into Leah. "Sign the roster ok?" She asked, smiling. "Yes, Leah" She laughed. "We're meeting up this afternoon again". "Awww. Would you like me to take Pippa for you?" Leah asked. "Oh no, Ric and Cassie are taking her this afternoon. Thanks anyway". Sally and Leah hugged. "It's so nice that you two have found each other. It's like Emily knew how good you would be together".

------ to be continued--------

Archived