Advertise Your Fanfiction

Stuart2006

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Sounds like a really interesting story, it'll be nice to catch up with some of the older characters again. Looking forward to it.

I just noticed, Red Ranger 1 (reading your profile in the above post) that since joining BTTB you've written several more fanfics than I have and I've written a fair few - but over a period of about five years! How on earth do you find the time? :unsure: The ones I have read of yours have been written extremely well so I know it's not a case of just dashing off anything but I've only actually read two or three of your fanfics :blush: because I don't have time to read all the fanfics on here so have to be very selective.

It can take me an hour working on writing a paragraph! :o Am I just slow or does everybody else, especially you, write very fast? :P

^Sounds like a really interesting story, it'll be nice to catch up with some of the older characters again. Looking forward to it.

I just noticed, Red Ranger 1 (reading your profile in the above post) that since joining BTTB you've written several more fanfics than I have and I've written a fair few - but over a period of about five years! How on earth do you find the time? :unsure: The ones I have read of yours have been written extremely well so I know it's not a case of just dashing off anything but I've only actually read two or three of your fanfics :blush: because I don't have time to read all the fanfics on here so have to be very selective.

It can take me an hour working on writing a paragraph! :o Am I just slow or does everybody else, especially you, write very fast? :P

Everything I learnt about writing I learned from Terrance Dicks:The guy rattled off 120 pages a month, you need to be able to tell a story effectively and efficiently when you're doing that, and having read all 60+ I guess it must have soaked through by osmosis.Most of my work could probably do with a second draft but I think it's a combination of forward planning and spending most of my working hours writing it in my head.And not having much else to do.None of them are particular epics:I think the longest is 26 chapters and the chapters are rarely longer than two pages.

I am astonished I've written so many.(It's been a little over a year since I started...)At the beginning I was scrabbling around for ideas:Now I keep watching an episode or reading a post on here and thinking "Hey, what if..?"I actually chuck half of them out.I added that list in the signature partly so other people know what else I've done and partly because I have trouble remembering myself...

Everything I learnt about writing I learned from Terrance Dicks:The guy rattled off 120 pages a month, you need to be able to tell a story effectively and efficiently when you're doing that, and having read all 60+ I guess it must have soaked through by osmosis.Most of my work could probably do with a second draft but I think it's a combination of forward planning and spending most of my working hours writing it in my head.And not having much else to do.None of them are particular epics:I think the longest is 26 chapters and the chapters are rarely longer than two pages.

I am astonished I've written so many.(It's been a little over a year since I started...)At the beginning I was scrabbling around for ideas:Now I keep watching an episode or reading a post on here and thinking "Hey, what if..?"I actually chuck half of them out.I added that list in the signature partly so other people know what else I've done and partly because I have trouble remembering myself...

With or without a mentor (I had to check who Terrance Dicks was :rolleyes: ) you still write very, very fast!!! I mean, I've not long come back online as I broke off to wash, iron, get stuff ready for work etc and I'm kind of half writing something but I'm very easily distracted. The only time I'm writing in my head is when I'm travelling as I spend most of my time in work talking while working :P and I don't watch much H&A nowadays so I don't really get new ideas, but I'm pretty slow with original work too.

Anyway, this thread is meant to be for advertising fanfics so I'd better come out of it. Maybe if I want to write faster I should just stop talking so much! :lol:

Story Title: Nightmare

Type of story: Short fic

Main Characters: Aden and Belle of course

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Drama, grief, guilt

Does story include spoilers: The Belle One - even though everyone basically knows

Any warnings: None.

Summary: He could have done something to save her. If he had been paying attention, he could have noticed she was sick. He's living a nightmare, and all he wants to do is wake up.

This will only be about 5 or 6 chapters long, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought before I actually wrote it.

Story Title: Currently undecided! [hopefully will come up with one before I post]

Type of story: Short/long fic [undecided]

Main Characters: Charlie & Ruby

BTTB rating: G

Genre: General/Drama

Does story include spoilers: The Charlie/Ruby one

Any warnings: Nope

Summary:Charlie and Angelo are newlyweds when Angelo gets sent to prision for manslaughter. Charlie and Ruby are finally sorting their relationship.

* Also Jack is not dead.

Story Title: Nightmare

Type of story: Short fic

Main Characters: Aden and Belle of course

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Drama, grief, guilt

Does story include spoilers: The Belle One - even though everyone basically knows

Any warnings: None.

Summary: He could have done something to save her. If he had been paying attention, he could have noticed she was sick. He's living a nightmare, and all he wants to do is wake up.

This will only be about 5 or 6 chapters long, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought before I actually wrote it.

Story Title: Currently undecided! [hopefully will come up with one before I post]

Type of story: Short/long fic [undecided]

Main Characters: Charlie & Ruby

BTTB rating: G

Genre: General/Drama

Does story include spoilers: The Charlie/Ruby one

Any warnings: Nope

Summary:Charlie and Angelo are newlyweds when Angelo gets sent to prision for manslaughter. Charlie and Ruby are finally sorting their relationship.

* Also Jack is not dead.

They both sound great. Can't wait to read them. :D

ok, there might be a few excited people over this lol

Story Title: Unbreakable / Sequel To Taken

Type of story: Medium fic

Main Characters: Belle and Aden, Irene, Geoff, Annie, Nicole, Amanda and David.

Other Characters: Mentions a few other characters

BTTB rating: G/A just to be safe

Genre: Drama, Violence

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Voilence, drama

Summary: They just introduced their new baby boy into the world, and finally being allowed to bring him home, how will Belle feel when David appears on her door step? Why is he there, what does he want? why wont he leave?

I will try and get the first chapter done by the end of the week :)

Archived