Torn Apart

Guest Natasha

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a short update. Sorry for the long wait....I've just been having writer's block. :(

CHAPTER NINE

Laura watched as the sun disappeared. It was now dark and no one has found her yet. She's been walking for hours and hasn't seen a single soul.

Looks like I'll be sleeping in the cold. Laura thought. Then she wondered if she should go back to the car. At least she'll have shelter and warmth from the heater.

I was so stupid to leave the car! Laura berated herself. She wrapped her coat more tighter around herself and sat down on the ground, huddling against a tree.

She was in for a long night.

The family was having dinner when Morag walked down the stairs. She looked exhausted and her face had lost its colour.

" We saved you some dinner." Alf greeted her.

" No thanks." Morag answered.

Sally glanced at Alf before getting up and walking over to Morag,

" We have an idea…we think it's the right thing to do."

" Which is?"

" We should have a memorial service for Laura here. She might have not known it but everyone did like her. And it might help you with the grieving process-"

" I suppose that's all right," Morag said shrugging, " but count me out."

She stormed back upstairs again.

" You should go." Laura sat down at the edge of Morag's bed.

" Go to where?" Morag asked, opening the bottle of pills.

" To the memorial service in the Bay. It might help you."

" Your funeral's in the city. I'll be going to that. I don't see why they are having a memorial service her-you didn't like any of the residences."

" That's not true-I did like a few of them. It was just the narrow-minded gossips I loathed."

" We'll see." Morag swallowed two pills with a glass of water.

Laura looked at her with concern, " Are you sure you should be having those? You had two earlier."

" They help."

" They don't help Morag."

" Don't you start. Alfred's already giving me a hard time."

" Morag, look at me."

Morag forced herself to look at Laura.

" You're seeing things-I'm not real. Pills and liquor are doing strange things to your mind. Stop now before it's too late."

" Well, come back to me-then I'll stop." Morag challenged her.

Welcome back. :D

Aw, love this update. Poor Morag. I loved Sally's idea about the memorial service. For a bit there, I thought Morag was going nuts and hallucinating.

Poor Laura. I hope someone finds her soon. She needs to be reunited with Morag. :D

Really, really great, Natasha. Can't wait for the next chapter. Take your time with it. :D

CHAPTER TEN

It was well after ten am and Morag was still not up yet. It was very unlike her to sleep in so late.

Give her a break. She's had a rough trot. Alfred reminded himself, but maybe he should check up on her.

He went upstairs and knocked on the door. There was no answer. He opened the door and poked his head in.

" Morag? Its ten am love-time to get up."

Morag didn't stir. Alf went in and opened the curtains. Brilliant sunshine flooded the room. He turned and that's when he noticed the spilled bottle of pills next to her and rushed towards the bed.

" Morag!" he implored, " Wake up." He shook her but she didn't move. He tried slapping her gently on the cheek but that didn't work either. He felt for a pulse; it was weak.

She overdosed. He thought. He grabbed his mobile phone and dialed for an ambulance.

He quickly went downstairs just as Sally entered the house after cleaning the caravans.

" What's wrong?" she asked, noticing the worried look on his face.

" It's Morag. I think she overdosed."

" Overdosed? On what?"

" Sleeping pills…and she had too much to drink the night before. I've called for an ambulance. They should be here soon."

It was ten am and already hot. Laura wiped the sweat from her face and decided to find a creek bed and follow it. She had no idea where she was. She was tired, thirsty and hungry. She took off her jacket and wrapped it around her waist. It was just too hot to wear long sleeves. She knew she should protect her arms, but at the moment she didn't care.

Does anyone realize I'm lost? Laura thought, trudging through yet another thicket. Surely they must have sent out a search party. She tried her phone but it was still out of range.

She walked for ages before finally coming to rest against a rock. Her lips were cracked and dry and she also felt nauseous. Her stomach churned and she swallowed before leaning over and vomiting.

She closed her eyes, promising herself to rest for just a moment.

Morag was walking along the beach when she saw someone in the distance. The person was walking towards her and as he or she came closer, Morag saw that it was Laura.

Laura looked distressed. " Help me Morag."

" Help you? How can I help you?"

" I'm lost. I don't know where I am."

" I can't help you Laura. I'm lost too."

" Morag, please." Laura pleaded, holding her hands out to her. Morag turned away and the dream faded.

" Morag." Another voice was calling her. She mumbled something before opening her eyes-quite reluctantly. She found herself staring into the face of her brother.

" Thank goodness." He smiled, " You gave us a bit of a scare Morag."

Her mind felt cloudy and she felt sick. " What happened?" she groaned. When her vision became clearer, she realized she was lying in a hospital bed.

" You overdosed."

" Overdosed? Don't be ridiculous." Morag protested.

" The doctor said you overdosed on sleeping pills and there was a high level of alcohol in your body. He says were you very lucky I found you when I did." Alf paused, " I know you are grieving for Laura. But there was no need to-"

" Grieving for Laura? Alfred, Laura isn't dead."

" Morag-"

" I keep having these dreams…I don't usually bother with stuff like this. But I keep dreaming about Laura. And I think she's alive."

" Now that is impossible. Rachel was there when she died-"

" I am telling you. Laura isn't dead."

Thanks goodness Morag is alright. Lol, when she said that Laura is alive it made me think about Amanda/Belle and the whole lost thing. I really hope someone believes her.

And I really want Morag and Laura to be reunited. It's so sad. That was really awesome, Natasha. :D

Archived