Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

• 1 month later...

Why does the UK use different songs than Australia. Especially for jasmine and robbos wedding when jasmine arrives in the car at the church and when walking down the aisle I prefer the Australian song choice than the UK version. I'm glad I watch both and watched the wedding back in July aus version. 

35 minutes ago, russianliliakopylova said:

Why does the UK use different songs than Australia. Especially for jasmine and robbos wedding when jasmine arrives in the car at the church and when walking down the aisle I prefer the Australian song choice than the UK version. I'm glad I watch both and watched the wedding back in July aus version. 

It comes down to either the terms or the cost of licensing the song.

Whether it's Seven who were unable/chose not to pay for a worldwide licence when they picked the Taylor Swift song, or whether it's Channel 5's responsibility to license the songs for UK broadcasts themselves, I don't know. But it happens a fair bit with the more well known artists. The UK version was a Belgian artist named Alice on the Roof.

Of course if they had had an underscore rather than relying on pop songs for big occasions, then they would avoid situations where people around the world see different versions of the episodes.... ?

• 1 month later...

Irene signing over her half of the Diner to Leah isn’t that simple, as it would be classed as a gift it would be subject to tax. She’d actually be better to sell it to Leah for a dollar or something.

The court could also trace the transfer and challenge it, likewise if Irene did the same with her house to the kids.

I’m wondering it what will happen is that Irene will need to sell the house and Leah buys a share in that, then moves in there.