Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

27 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Ah, that’s a recent change then as it was still there circa 6809.

John and Maz's kitchen has also been redecorated recently (at least I think it's recent, as I can't recall when we last saw it to compare), as well as the gym of course, so they've probably been around to see what little changes they can make here and there.

3 hours ago, Dan F said:

John and Maz's kitchen has also been redecorated recently (at least I think it's recent, as I can't recall when we last saw it to compare), as well as the gym of course, so they've probably been around to see what little changes they can make here and there.

Those kind of changes I don’t mind, but things like changing entire walls of the diner are ridiculous. 

There were a few minor changes last year too, like the dining chairs and sofa at Summer Bay House. Now that set is due a revamp to fix the mess they made of it circa 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

The fretwork divider for the Diner toilets was still there in today’s episode.

Roo’s surgery really was miraculous, no recurring side effects when being blown down a sink hole.

I do wish they’d had Alf utter an Alfism when he came to, “Stone the Flamin’ Crows” or something.

6 minutes ago, c120701 said:

The fretwork divider for the Diner toilets was still there in today’s episode.

It still looks the same (and would effectively still be a partition as opposed to a solid wall, which I probably should have clarified), there's just no actual opening to the corridor anymore.

You'll see a wider shot of it in Thursday's 5Star ep if not before:

Spoiler

wukLxz.png

21 hours ago, Dan F said:

It still looks the same (and would effectively still be a partition as opposed to a solid wall, which I probably should have clarified), there's just no actual opening to the corridor anymore.

You'll see a wider shot of it in Thursday's 5Star ep if not before:

Hide contents

wukLxz.png

Aah, I see. Well, that’s even odder as it’s not even about reducing the size of the set as there’s still a corridor and wall behind there.

• 2 weeks later...

They really haven’t written this Martha story well, there’s so much more they could have done with it and so many plot holes. Has Alf had the letter is his wallet all this time? If not, why would that survive the mudslide when the Stewart family records didn’t?

Roo said that Summer Bay House didn’t feel like her home anymore, but they should have played more on the fact it was her home at the time of Martha’s “death” and that’s why she couldn’t stay there... i.e. “This is where you told me my Mum died” “This bedroom is where I cried myself to sleep...”

The one thing that does fit, although is probably by chance, is Alf said in the pilot how obsessive Martha was in keeping the house clean. Often those who are hiding personal issues, be it mental illness or addiction, try to hide it by keeping up appearances.

17 hours ago, c120701 said:

Has Alf had the letter is his wallet all this time? If not, why would that survive the mudslide when the Stewart family records didn’t?

It strikes me as the sort of thing that Alf wouldn't have hidden in the house he shared with Ailsa - it was a secret he was kept from her and he would have kept it elsewhere...

21 hours ago, Dan F said:

It is something that a few of us long-timers have considered, but they could easily explain it away by just saying Alf had it in a safety deposit box or something (not that they have done of course :P).

Next to the one Irene kept Mick's shawl in, no doubt.

• Haha 2

I really enjoyed the Leah, Jasmine, David stuff. Although I didn’t understand why Leah didn’t phone/text Colby straight away, this was one hostage situation I actually cared for because it was a development of a human story.

It reminded me a bit of Robert & Natalie.

Edited by c120701