Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

Is it just me or did something not seem right with Annie tonight? I don't like to criticise acting ability, but her lines all seemed a little forced and awkward. That whole walk down the beach with Romeo thing was just cringeworthy to watch. I can't quite put my finger on what it was though.

No, you're not the only one. It's as if she's feeling the nerves from starting all over again. She seemed to especially struggle with her lines in one scene she had with Irene.

Apart from Mink going, everything was all mainly relationship related.

I'm sure Marylin and Justin's upcoming arrivals will provide some welcome drama.

Edited by devon

Is it just me or did something not seem right with Annie tonight? I don't like to criticise acting ability, but her lines all seemed a little forced and awkward. That whole walk down the beach with Romeo thing was just cringeworthy to watch. I can't quite put my finger on what it was though.

No, you're not the only one. It's as if she's feeling the nerves from starting all over again. She seemed to especially struggle with her lines in one scene she had with Irene.

I'm sure Marylin and Justin's upcoming arrivals will provide some welcome drama.

Not going to rack my brains about what may or may not be happening behind the scenes, but I think there's something not quite right with the way Annie has been re-introduced on screen. I was trying to figure out what it was in general terms (any specific comments will be posted in the relevant threads for the episodes.)

She doesn't seem relaxed. She seemed almost as jittery as when she first came into the show. Not all the time, but enough. There was a lack of warmth in the scenes with Irene and Romeo. There was hardly a smile. I know it's early days, and most people seem to think she is more mature etc, but I think she was more confident just before she left, even if the flirting with Romeo was OTT at times.

Sorry to bring a quote in that I made a few days ago (March 12th) in a spoiler thread about Annie coming back. You're not the only ones who think it's been awkward. The first scene with Irene / Charlie was fine, but it went backward from there. Or to be more accurate, around in circles with Romeo again.

There is a technical point to be made about the long shots of the couples during the beach scenes - there is a lack of intimacy, especially when the actors are walking away from the camera. When you first got a camera (non-digital) and took a photo of a bird on a fence post, or a sail-boat on a lake, you soon learn from your mistake of not filling the picture with the subject, otherwise you get a picture of a boring field with a little blob on a stick in the middle. It's a trick that didn't work - hope it isn't going to be a staple for beach shots It's a killer for seeing the connections between couples; well, except perhaps for Romeo and Angelo. With different voice overs, Romeo and Annie could have been doing an advert for mortgage insurance cover. Didn't these two kiss the day Annie left ? Didn't Romeo give advice to Angelo about being direct in a relationship that mattered, a few hours previously ? "I'd make some kind of move to show how much I care." Don't do as I do...

The lack of progress in their relationship was frustrating to watch before Annie left, now it's maddening and unbelievable. So was Irene - she's about to tell Romeo about Annie being back that day and.... she gets distracted by a cop wanting a take-away :huh: That's after Romeo tells her he's sad because his sister's leaving. This has all the markings of a farce. I am not a happy bunny.

Not going to rack my brains about what may or may not be happening behind the scenes, but I think there's something not quite right with the way Annie has been re-introduced on screen. I was trying to figure out what it was in general terms (any specific comments will be posted in the relevant threads for the episodes.)

She doesn't seem relaxed. She seemed almost as jittery as when she first came into the show. Not all the time, but enough. There was a lack of warmth in the scenes with Irene and Romeo. There was hardly a smile. I know it's early days, and most people seem to think she is more mature etc, but I think she was more confident just before she left, even if the flirting with Romeo was OTT at times.

Sorry to bring a quote in that I made a few days ago (March 12th) in a spoiler thread about Annie coming back. You're not the only ones who think it's been awkward. The first scene with Irene / Charlie was fine, but it went backward from there. Or to be more accurate, around in circles with Romeo again.

I thought I'd read in the spoilers some similar comments about Annie - thanks!

I didn't like her & Romeo before she left and I dislike them even more now - which is a shame as I was really starting to warm to Romeo.

^ I agree with what you're saying, but what do you mean by a farce? Like the writers are copping out of the storyline, do you mean?

I was thinking about the kind of stage plays or old films that have that name - people just missing each other (exit stage right vs enter stage left stuff,) talking and acting at cross purposes, misinterpreting what the other means and never doing the right thing i.e. by just asking a straight question and waiting for the answer. The (intended) effect is anything but emotional depth or truth, which is fine because it is a farce and it's meant to be funny, if you like that kind of thing. But they just go on for about 90 mins., not months like this has.

I think Annie has been an old fashioned kind of character, but not from as far back as the B&W era. :rolleyes:

It's soooo bizarre to see Martha being all pally with Angelo (I think people in the Charlie/Angelo thread have also mentioned this too), I know it's a soap, but the guy did shoot her husband dead and cowardly tried to cover the whole thing up. It kinda does stretch the realms of believability.

So Annie is 'in love' with Romeo :rolleyes: Saying 'I love You' in this show is about as meaningful as also saying 'I hate you'. Lol.

Edited by devon

I dont know what it is but i have got off Tony I think his just gone really sumg and I didn't really rate his teaching he acted like he didn't want to be there

I agree with Liam about Mathra she is messing him about and seems shocked when he tells her to stop it I just think she a tart to be honest and she doesnt care about Liam or even Hugo seems to have forgot about him

I was looking forward to this Leah storyline with Eligiah but after I read a spoiler about it not botered anymore The best storyline at monment is the Miles/ Rabbit

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking forward to this Leah storyline with Eligiah but after I read a spoiler about it not botered anymore The best storyline at monment is the Miles/ Rabbit

For some reason I really can't seem to get in to the whole Leah and Elijah coupling :rolleyes: . However I have always liked the Leah and Vinnie coupling they were really cute and funny together. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...