Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

I think really though, with all the dodgy things Jack has done while being a policeman, he should have been sacked years ago. It seems to be alright for him to break the law, but not anyone else.

I could not agree more. I was cheering Sam on when she said about Jack being the worst cop she'd ever known or something. Jack has double standards. If Sam was in Jack's shoes, Jack would probably have said exactly the same thing.

It doesn't matter how many times I see Sally's concert, it always brings a little tear to my eye. Her speech was what set me off. I was okay before that! The Jack and Sam scenes weren't overdone in my opinion, and it's only been in recent weeks that I've started to appreciate the whole storyline. My opinion of Sam has changed dramatically too and I think I'm now 'getting' her character a lot more. Jessica Chapnik has played the part so well, and POB has really been great in the last few episodes. Jack's confusion, anger and distrust of Sam as his wife, a person and the mother of his unborn child has been very visible.

Yes, although the Jack/Sam storyline is very well acted, it is a really horrible situation and I really feel more sorry for Sam. She was just a physiotherapist doing her job, then thought she would have a great life with Jack and now it has gone horrifically wrong. I really wish they had shown her get over her drug problems etc and have a good life with someone, not necessarily Jack. She has done her best for Rory in all this whereas she could have been a terrible mother and deserted him or something.

As I also said somewhere [?] it is very nice to see 'Jack' acting for once and not just coasting along boringly. I think Roman is good for Martha and they should stay together, but I bet they won't....

I cried too during Sally's speech and concert - it seemed like she was speaking what she felt about leaving H&A. I wonder if it was a writer who wrote that speech or did she write it herself or did she work together with the writer? :unsure: I used to think how sad Kate Ritchie must be to stay in a soap for 20 years, but now I think she has done well to stick with it.

I think H&A is an institution now, it will go on forever :D

I have a question about the hospital in Summer Bay how do all these people like Rev Hall and now Sam leave without the staff noticing lol good job Johnny Cooper was not able to get out of bed or he would of escaped and why doesnt anyone lock their doors in summer bay after all it's a dangerous place to live

I made this post in the Australian Episodes section on the day Sally left,when the show originally went to air,and I'll post it here today to co-inside with the Fiver PACE episodes and also tomorrow when it airs on Five.....

I'm sat here and I'm breaking my heart.

I know these words by now,have been said so much they're paper thin - but,I've watched this incredible,beautiful woman call Kate Ritchie and Sally Fletcher grow up for the past twenty years. I've made an emotional attachment to someone so strongly,I forget as I am now,that they are a character in a television drama.

Except,Kate has made Sally more than that. She's made her so real. So important.I've watched this 8 year old little girl,come to a new exciting home in a small town with a loving,new family. I've been able to see her grow from an adorable child,to a teenager,experiencing the worries and joys that come with what's a difficult time in anyones life. I've watched her gain the most incredible,precious insight into life and learn and gain more and more confidence.

I've then seen her fall in love and marry Flynn. I will always hold a place in my heart for that couple. I know I will never love a couple in a drama more. When he died,it was a devasting time in my life personally,and Joel,Kate,Sally and Flynn allowed and encouraged me to find some light in the most dreadful time of my life so far.

I've then,as my journey continued,taken the greatest strength both from my family of course,but,from Sally too. Because,she was another constant,that I had.

Sally and Kate have always been there. I know it sounds blindingly obvious but they have. And just like Sally and no doubt Kate will too,have to find another path in life,find excitment and happiness in a new future and allow a new and fresh constant in to thier lives. It won't be easy,but,because I know they will,given some time,I will too.

I feel unexplainably honoured and privileged to have been blessed with the most important 20 years of my life. I have watched her become the graceful,articulate,confident and beautiful woman millions of people have come to love and adore.

I will always love and miss you Sally Fletcher.

Kate Ritchie,please let the industry in which you have blessed with your skill,be blessed with it again,soon.

:)

Edited by JackWilkins

I loved the scene when Sam scratched Martha, she looked like a proper nutter. When Martha was at the Police Station did anyone else notice the marks on her face seemed twice as big as yesterdays episode.

I'm trying to come up with a Reverand Hall type person who ends up being the killer but I can't really think of anyone. I hope it's either Rory, Madge Wilkins or the ghost of Johnny Cooper.

Or maybe it's that guy trying to get Ric to fight. He seems like he'll do anything, maybe he'll frame Ric. I thought it was funny when you saw one of the illegal fights a couple of weeks back, there was about 30 people in the crowd! How's he gonna make all this money from getting Ric to fight?

I hate the fight storyline. It's just jeering guys, who aren't even that hot. Personally, I don't think it's suitable for a soap; not in content, but just... grr.

And because Mark Furze is leaving soon, I just can't seem to get into it - I just want this to be over already.

And, also, Ric's excuse to Mattie about 'going to see Drew for a beer' was so bad. Like, so bad. Does that girl have no brain at all? Her boyfriend cheated on her with a thirty-something bored housewife and now has an unborn child out there somewhere. And then, tonight, he gives a very unconvincing excuse and she doesn't bat an eyelid, but skips off back into the house. What is she, four?

The Melody / Geoff thing and Geoff's talk with Roman on the beach. I've never been a massive Gaden 'shipper, (like, I like the idea of them, but never seen that much evidence of the attraction) but did no one else think tonight that Geoff wanted to go out with Melody, not because he'd seen the error of his superficial ways, but because he's desperate to prove to everyone (especially macho ex-SAS man, Roman) that he can a) find girls attractive (and is not the 'Bible boy' of previous) and b) get a girl? I don't know. And there was just something about the hurried, 'Thanks for the chat, Roman' that made it seem like either a) my theory is correct or b) just bad acting.

Everything seems to have gone into a lull now Sally's left. I hope it picks up again soon.

The whole Leah / Miles thing today in The Den (or whatever they're gonna call it - did they actually agree on anything?) was a bit contrived, to be honest. They've never really had that much interaction before, and I can see exactly where it's heading.

I am, however, loving the Colleen Stewart storyline. There's just something about her and Morag that makes them amazing in scenes together. And her constant requests to Martha to refer to her as 'aunty' are so Colleen.

Not really overly impressed by the Sam storyline. It was kinda simmering away nicely before Sally left, and I feel it's been employed now to try and boost ratings after Kate's departure; and it hasn't really worked, I don't think.

I think that's all. :)

I think its a shame Martha and Jack aren't going to prison for Sam's murder because you can see what's coming Martha is going to mess Roman around and get confused about her feeling for Jack yet again and the sorefest will coniute they got to be the worst couples in the history of the show

Yesterday's episode was like a bad Scooby Doo cartoon, it even had flashbacks to what Morag thought Sam did. How did she know that Sam got in a boat, injected heroin and then pulled a plug on the boat, somehow knowing that she'd die before she drowned. Both Sam and Morag must watch far too much CSI. I was waiting for Morag to pull the mask of that detective to reveal Sam's accomplice.