Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

In Australia there are three commercial breaks in each episode, so these sharp cuts are often the consequence of closing them up.

I didn't know that! Three ad breaks in around twenty minutes of programme is terrible. Does any one actually watch it, or do you all record it and watch later fast forwarding through the ads?

I wrote out along message and posted it, but then it lagged and didnt load, refreshed and it took me back to the main board.. :angry:

So I'll say it again.

I find it hard to believe that they are trying to keep her being in hospital a secret.

The teens and Martha may have promised, but what about the nameless characters there, Rachel who is friends with Sally, Sam who had told Jack. How are they going to keep it a secret? Plus all those teens there, someone would of seen them and wondered what had happened. If it doesnt get found out by others that she is in hospital, then its crazy.

Also, I loved the Miles and Sally scenes. The water sounds while Miles was telling his story was great, you could imagine it. It was really sad. And I cant wait until tomorrows episode.

I also loved Sams line to Martha about her not being at the wedding. Very funny.

No she doesn't know. It's hard to believe in a small town that word wouldn't get around. Ric told Sally that Cassie and Henk had gone to Yabbie Creek for dinner when Sally said she wanted them to come round.

The hospital is in Yabbie Creek. It is not in Summer Bay. It's like saying someone in a small village would have to know that a friend was hit by a car if they were hit in a fairly large town nearby and taken to the hospital there. The kids aren't going to tell Sally, Cassie has threatened them with loss if friendship if they do. Rachel doesn't even necessarily know Cassie is in there yet, as we have not seen her on shift, and as a doctor will have to do what Cassie tells her to. Sam has told Jack. But they're not necessarily going to rush around and go "Ooh guess what Sally, Cassie's been hit by a car." They'd just assume Sally knew. And it's not like Cassie is dying or anything. She's going to be fine. She's just s bit shaken and is in there for overnight observation. So actually, what is happening is very believable if you think about it in terms of what would happen in life as against the usual hysterical over-reaction you often see in soap opera.

I think its reasonable to assume that Sam or Jack, or anyone else they have told will ask how Cassie is. Whether they ask Ric or Sally or anyone else, making thinking that they know. Even if they dont go around telling people that Cassie is in hospital.. Which is a possibilty, but Im sure they will ask how she is.

I think its reasonable to assume that Sam or Jack, or anyone else they have told will ask how Cassie is. Whether they ask Ric or Sally or anyone else, making thinking that they know. Even if they dont go around telling people that Cassie is in hospital.. Which is a possibilty, but Im sure they will ask how she is.

But the accident has only just happened. In real life you don't go rushing around to people catastrophizing. Cassie is not, remember, badly hurt. She's in overnight for observation. I agree, they COULD tell Sally, but equally in real life it is perfectly possible that they, for the moment, have got better things to do than be running around gossiping about Cassie being hit by a car. They have their own lives to be getting on with

I had a friend recently I saw get hurt and taken to hospital in a similar way. I spoke about it to their family three days later when I ran across them in the shops and expressed my concern and asked after them, knowing (as Sam does), that their situation was not bad. Remember Sam knows nothing here about the baby or the HIV. She'd have just been told at the nurses' station that Cassie was knocked down by a car and is going to be okay.

I think what happened re Cassie is much more like what happens in real life personally. More real than what has often happened on H&A when someone is hurt and every man and their dog seem to rush to the hospital to stand vigil. That's what I find the more unlikely scenario.

That's just my take on it anyway. :)

I agree with you about hysterical overreaction's jamiehugh. In the past it has amused me when half of Summer Bay turns up when someone breaks a fingernail.

And isn't it funny how even the most seemingly serious life-threatening injuries seem to have a happy outcome. A child being hit by a car, people being blown up, hit over the head, Jack in a coma (for the millionth time it would seem)- Summer Bay's doctors and nurses seem to have the perfect cures :wink: .