Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

And they cut a bit with Ric and Tilly during the song. Brad and Sally's first kiss (not that i'm particularly a fan) now looks totally underated - without the lead-up i mean.

Grr. They also cut a bit where Colleen's talking and you can see Tim and Chris S burst out laughing in the background.

Aargh xx

Am I right in thinking the episode was shown in its entirety in the New Zealand omnibus having been cut in the airing of the episode itself? If this is the case, maybe the UK omnibus will contain some of the missing scenes?

*Holding on to every last thread of hope!*

Five cut Brad and Sally's first kiss for time saving reasons, but it disrupted the flow of the episode as Sally said "Can I change my earlier statement..." We didn't get to hear her earlier statement because they cut it.

On the bright side, the attack scene was left untouched.

I thought the "Can I change my earlier statement" was referring to her New Year speech - about her wanting it to be a happy New Year for everyone, and then she says to Brad she knows it'll be a good one. Maybe I just got confused, though?

I'm disappointed with Five's handling of the episode, though. They went to all the trouble of doing promos (albeit slightly random ones, but for Five it's quite an achievement) and then they butcher the episode. And no montage. :(

Nah, her earlier statement was just before she and Brad kissed in the empty classroom. It was cut, like I said :) And again, the montage would never have been shown. It was not part of the episode! It was a completely seperate thing done by Channel 7 in Australian that was shown after the episode. If you want to see it, about 3000 people have uploaded it to youtube :)

Edited by ste

And we didn't get the montage, either. :( Although, I guess Kate Ritchie isn't as famous here as she is in Australia, so it would be a little odd. I still would've liked it, though.

The montage would never have been shown, it was not part of the episode.

Oh. :( I knew it was separate, a bit like the promos, but I would've thought (or at least hoped) we'd have got it... :( Yeah, I've seen it millions of times on YT, but it would've been nice to see it in its context in the episode.

I could batter Five for not doing a montage - I e-mailed them a good week ago about this and also if they had done their own montage and possibly pre-recorded Ray/Lynne or Mark when they where there.......and they bluffed their usual garbled response, saying the following....

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Home And Away.

Unfortunately, we do not currently hold the broadcast rights to the tribute for Sally Fletcher. The recent Continuity Announcements that were made by some of the cast of the programme have now finished and no more have been produced at the moment.

Nevertheless, we have noted your interest in these aspects of the programme in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and will be seen by all relevant personnel.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

David

Its as if a the fact that an (albeit obsessed) fan of the show e-mailing them is a surprise or something...I'm guessing they think the promo they've done is enough.... :(

Yeah - but remember that we aren't waiting six weeks for the next episode. It's on tomorrow night (Monday for analogue viewers!)

There's no real point in making everyone believe that Sally is dead. That said, this promo is the best one I've seen 'em do for a while.

I understand why the cuts were made - by Seven I believe (it looks like exactly the same material went from the NZ edition). I don't blame Five, but that was just sloppy editing.

At least when Five chopped up the bulbs storyline the only thing I noticed before coming on here was the fact that the recap music jumped.

It just all undermined it a bit. :(

Edited by James Martin

I totally cried the house out when Rocco stabbed Sally even though I already watched it months ago! Still deeply upset though! I so wanted to see Sal's Tribute at the end as it's so moving! Tight-fisted Channel 7 for not giving us the rights to them! Do they no realise how big the show is over here? :angry::angry: