Mark Furze interview

Guest Angel_Parrish

Mark Furze

Saturday, January 13 2007, 12:42 GMT

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Earlier today, Digital Spy caught up with the ninth evictee from this year's Soapstar Superstar - Home & Away's Mark Furze - for a brief chat about hs performances, the judges and what the future holds.

What have you thought to your song choices since the show started?

"I think I got the most varied songs - I did different genres. I’m happy with the way I was tested - I worked it well. I learned a lot."

What did you think to your performances?

"From start to finish, I was really happy. I really feel like I’ve improved. I’m really happy with the way… I’ve learnt so much."

What are your thoughts on the judges‘ comments?

"My judges’ comments were all quite good. Nothing controversial. Some of the other comments were a little amusing."

Did you ever think this show could propel you into the music industry?

"I really really hope there is still the support from me from the show, that I can get out there and get it going."

Will you be going back to Home and Away or embarking on a music career?

"I’ll spend a bit of time in Home and Away, because as an actor, I would love to do as many roles as possible, but I’m not going to stay in Home and Away forever. I’ll definitely try more acting."

How have you coped learning the songs in 24 hours?

"Not very well, not very well at all. The same way everyone else has, I guess. The least fun thing about the show is that ‘I don’t want to do any more, I’m not enjoying it’. If I can do that now, I can do a lot of things."

What's been your favourite performance?

"It’s not my favourite song, but I had a lot of fun [with] ‘It’s Not unusual’"

Archived