Pokemon

Guest ~Rosey~

After months of Diamond I dug out my copy of Pearl - it's funny, because I defeated the eight gym the other day and now I have to do it again :lol: - and I just caught an Azleaf :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so tempted to buy Pearl. I seem to have slipped into "GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!" mode... and of course you can't catch everything in the one version, because Nintendo are cheapskate bastards <_<. I'm trying to lure my friend over to my house on Saturday night to trade with him, but as I seem to have some sort of cold that won't go away, I don't know if he'll be foolish enough to come over and risk infection... I want my Houndoom, damn it :(

I love Diamond though. I thought I'd gone off Pokemon for good after the living hell that was Ruby... What the hell were they thinking with that terrible game? Not only could I not trade my beloved Charizard Spike, who I have had for more years than I can count, I couldn't even catch a new one to replace him, or any other good pokemon for that matter. Just garbage acid-trip rejects that all SUCK! There were about five new pokemon that I genuinely liked from that game - Absol, Beautifly, Milotic, Skitty/Delcatty, and Mightyena - my Oz, who almost made up for the horror of everything else. Taillow and Pelliper weren't bad, but what am I supposed to do with Flying types other than Fly? I also liked Grovyle, but the evolution was hideous, so I never evolved my starter. In fact, as soon as I caught Oz, he was my lead pokemon, backed up by Sam - a Manectric, but like... she's not what I'd call "pretty" so... while I do care for her, I don't particularly care for her species. (FYI she was named for Mulder's sister on the X-Files - NOT Sam from H&A, who didn't even exist back then, but just so we're clear.)

Ruby/Sapphire pokemon are so ugly. And there were - what, three new fire types? What the HELL am I supposed to do with that!? Luckily Oz and Omen (my Absol) taught me to get by on a love of Dark types, and Sam nurtured my Electric tendencies, but jeez... I go from Charizard, Ninetales, Rapidash, Arcanine, Houndoom, Entei, Tyranitar - dragon, wolf, unicorn, Samoyed, Doberman, St. Bernard, bear to... Torkoal, Camerupt and Combuskin... tortoise, camel and chicken... yeah. Woohoo...

Diamond and Pearl didn't do much for the fire types, but by that time I was so broken by Ruby that I didn't care anymore. My Infernape, Goku, is better than nothing, and at least now I can get the old pokemon back and start rebuilding my shattered team.

I still miss all my beloved pokemon that are trapped in either Gold or Crystal. I had about 16 on level 100. Since I was force to abandon them after Ruby, I've only leveled one pokemon up that far, Oz, and that's probably only because I flatout refused to train anyone but him, Sam, Omen and James (my Delcatty). I think that I have a chance of getting my spirit back in this Diamond game.

Now I feel like reminiscing about my level 100s...

From Red:

Spike - Charizard

Jessie - Rapidash

Angel - Mewtwo

Wesley - Jolteon

Cordelia - Raichu

Willow - Ninetales

Xander - Gyrados

Doyle - Pidgeotto

From Gold:

Cauldron - Houndoom

Connor - Houndoom*

Harmony - Charizard

Tara - Arcanine*

Jarod - Arcanine

Darla - Persian

Drusilla - Persian

Giles - Ninetales*

Fred - Togetic

*These three are shiny... I also miss my shiny Ditto Shimmer :(

I also had a shiny Rapidash, but I don't remember it's name or whether I got it up to 100. And that red Gyrados of course, but that doesn't really count...

Haha, yeah. The internet likes to traumatise.

And I am feeling bad because I totally forgot about Anya - my first Espeon (level 100), even after I'd JUST been talking about my new one a few posts ago :rolleyes:

I'm busy getting my Luxray up to 100. He's on 80 now. Makes things easier when you've got a bunch of high-level pokemon, but yes, the Elite Four are a bother :P

You know what's really difficult though? Winning a Master Rank Beauty Contest. My co-ordination, and therefore my dancing, SUX... and I can never manage to get more than 5 hearts from the audience in the visual competition... It doesn't matter what crazy crap I put on my Milotic, they just don't think she's pretty enough to win :(. It's just a DAMN popularity contest with these people! >.<

Archived