Everything Happens For A Reason...

Guest puja

In my head it goes something like this, he drops the t-shirt and a half naked Jack starts running towards Martha (water droplets drip off his naked torso, hmmmm), Martha jumps up and starts running towards Jack, everything turns into slow motion, (think of baywatch! :D) They suddenly reach eachother and then........i wont carry on cause i have to remember this is a forum for all ages! :D

Rachel (is it ok for me to call you that? :unsure:) you make me laugh. That is a good thing by the way :P

I hope Jack isn't planning on getting with Sarah, he needs to save all his love for Martha! And he is not seeing things! It is indeed Martha. Aww no Emma in that chapter :( I can't wait until her plan is in action. It's going to be so adorable to read....whoa getting ahead of myself there. They haven't even met yet!

Update soon, can't wait for more!

Lol yeh ofcourse

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack better not continue anything with Sarah, but im loving Rachel's description of the JM reunion :lol: But i cant believe you left it there. At least next chapter will be the long awaited (for me at least) JM chapter :P Unless someone or something ruins their moment, then you'll be in trouble Miss Puja <_<

More please :)

Thanks to Nicole for proof-reading.

Chapter 8

Jack remained stationary. He had been stood at the exact same spot for a few minutes but, for some reason, couldn’t get his legs to physically move in the direction he mentally wanted to go. Refusing to take his eyes off the woman he had now been staring at for what seemed like an eternity, Jack managed to take a few steps towards her. Although they were small steps, and at the rate of snails, it was still progression. Widening his eyes and picking up his pace, he began to jog in the direction of the individual, waving his arm slightly to try and catch her attention. He refused to do this vocally however- because he couldn’t. Words were literally not coming out of his mouth. Just as the visibility of the woman was seemingly becoming clearer in his eyes, a third party appeared out of nowhere- only millimetres away- and stopped Jack in his tracks.

“Hi Jack!” screeched the voice.

“Huh?!” said Jack, not acknowledging the face in front of him but instead, trying to balance himself on his tip-toes to maintain sight of the figure sat on the beach.

“Jack, it’s me,” the voice said again as she waved her arms eccentrically in the air to gain his attention, “Sarah from last night” she introduced herself. Not that it did much to grab his concentration. Getting annoyed at his ignorance, Sarah cupped her hands around Jack’s face and pulled him towards her for a kiss. She pressed her lips against his hard, trying to recreate the moments of the night before, “now do you remember me?” she asked, pulling away from him and panting heavily. Jack just looked at her in utter confusion- not knowing what do say; “you weren’t complaining last night either” Sarah giggled as she mistook Jack’s bemusing expression for a positive look.

“Erm…yeah, look er…er Sarah, that’s it, Sarah I’m kind of busy at the moment, can I give you a call some other time?” Jack asked as he inwardly kicked himself at his offer. But, that was all he could think of at that moment in time.

“Sure, I’ll be waiting” Sarah answered seductively, winking at him and giving him a soft kiss on his cheek before waving him goodbye.

“What just happened here?” Jack questioned himself in disbelief, shaking his head. In those moments of madness, he had completely forgotten about the woman on the beach. Recollecting his thoughts, he looked up to where she was sat; but she was gone.

Jack sat at the bar in Noah’s. So many questions were going around his head that he was finding it difficult to keep up with his over-active brain. His hands had managed to find a stack of napkins, which were now shredded into a heap at the front of the counter. He wanted to dismiss the thoughts of the woman he saw, after all there were no guarantee’s that it was indeed Martha. But for some reason, he couldn’t. Why would he liken a stranger to Martha after all these years if it wasn’t her? Only he knew the times he’d spent longing to see his friend; the hours he would squander wondering where she was and how she was doing. There were no way he would mistake her for somebody else- not even after all these years.

“We could have used your hand-made confetti at the wedding Jack. You’re about a year too late” Tony said referring to the small shreds of tissue that Jack had complied. “You ok mate? It looks like you’ve just seen a ghost” Tony commented as he wiped clean the front counter of the bar.

“I think I might have” mumbled Jack as he continued to attack the napkins.

“Are you not too old to believe in ghosts and what not?” joked Tony, failing to acknowledge Jack’s real uncertainty.

“I’m being serious dad. I think I just saw McKenzie on the beach earlier. You know, Martha McKenzie from High School,” he said, looking up at Tony’s face and expecting a shocked look. But, to Jack’s amazement, he seemed relatively calm, “so it was her?” Jack exclaimed, “she’s really back; back in the Bay?!” said Jack excitedly. The change in mannerism and tone was apparent as his sparkly eyes told the whole; he went from being solemn and moody to excitable and full of life.

“Yes, Alf did mention that she was back” replied Tony.

“Erm…who and…why…why is she back?” Jack questioned, trying to curb his enthusiasm which was waiting to burst, “I mean, it’s good that she’s come back but, why after so long?” he continued to query.

“Well, Alf had a bit of an accident and he needed someone to cover here. Martha was the perfect option and she agreed to it. I’m not sure how long she’s here for but she’s staying with Alf, Sally and the gang at the Caravan Park” Tony finished as he watched the smile that was on Jack’s face emerge into a huge grin.

“Dad, I’m going to see her” Jack shouted through the bar as his body exited the building but his voice echoed in the silence- with his mind already at the Caravan Park.

Jack ran all the way to the Caravan Park; not stopping once. He knew he probably looked like a lunatic and he had noticed the strange looks people were giving him as he made his way to the Caravan Park; but he didn’t care. He was going to see his best friend after what had seemed like an eternity, so a little bit of humiliation- Jack didn’t mind at all. Plus, he’d enjoy thinking of ways to get Martha back for his embarrassment- just like the old times.

Jack got to the Park in what seemed like world-record time. He tried to steady himself as he approached the front door but he was still running on adrenaline. If he had time to think about this rationally, then he knew he would have been nervous. But this was no time to be logical. He stood centimetres away from the door and knocked three times on the oak. Not able to keep still no matter how much he tried, Jack began to shuffle around in the small space he did have, but soon stopped when he heard a familiar voice, “won’t be a sec” said the voice. Footsteps from the other side of the door were now becoming more audible. The sound of keys jangling was epitomised by the nervousness that Jack was now feeling. He looked down at his palms which were moist, ‘damn adrenaline had to go and abandon me in my hour of need’ he thought to himself as he wiped away his sweaty hands on his t-shirt.

“I’m sorry, I’m just looking for the right key,” the voice apologised through a laugh. Jack smiled to himself and looked directly ahead in anticipation, “got it” the voice said from the other side of the door as the lock moved anti-clockwise. Martha opened the door and gasped, putting her hand to her mouth, “Jack…”

*Chapter 9- Martha and Jack FINALLY talk. But, what is left unsaid??*

Archived