These Nightmares

Guest sevenpuddings

the Barbie twins

:P I just loved that!

Cassie found herself grinning for the first time as they shot insults at each other. She couldn’t wait to share the little exchange with Ric, he never had time for girls so was bound to find it as amusing as she did.

Oh, dear! Cass hasn’t realised just how far things have moved on...

Ric had never had trouble getting what he wanted, a quick flex of his fists usually did the trick but Drew didn’t need to resort to such measures. Drew could order people about and they did what he asked with a smile and still liked him, he didn’t need to invoke fear. For the first time in his life Ric realised what the difference was between having power and having respect and he wanted the respect of Drew and Lucas more than anything he had ever wanted.

Lucas was the class brainiac, naturally clever, amusingly geekish and the sort of guy that Ric would have ripped to death in any of his previous schools. It wasn’t so much that he couldn’t get away with that here but more that he didn’t want to. Despite being the cleverest guy in the year Lucas was also liked and not just because he was friends with Drew. Lucas was a genuinely nice guy, fun to be around and had a cracking sense of humour. Drew for his part was a genuinely likeable guy, he had cheek and charm. He was the sort of person who breezed through life not caring what people thought and even the teachers seemed to fall for his patter, in between landing him in detention that was.

While I feel sorry for Cassie, it’s great that Ric is fitting in...

“Sure you can have a go, it you want your face rearranged,” he deadpanned, momentarily stunning Drew and Lucas into silence.

...and very realistic when he lapses to the old days...

Damn, damn, damn, he cursed; his temper abating as quickly as it had risen. Why did he always have to lash out, it wasn’t like Drew had meant any harm. To cover he began laughing but even to his own ears it felt false.

“Don’t look so scared of me, it’s Cassie who’d rearrange your face if you upset her,” he added and was relieved when the tension eased from Drew and Lucas’s faces.

...and covers his tracks so well!!! :P

“Cass has had it tough, she’s been through stuff that nobody should have to and it means she can be defensive, its just her way. She shuts down rather than let people get close but she’s a great girl, really funny and sweet and not usually this moody. I don’t know whats gotten into her here actually, she hates this place and I’m not really sure why,” Ric confided.

I like that Ric hasn’t forgotten Cassie tho, I was getting worried that he had.

Who was this blonde bimbo to come into their life and **** everything up? To meddle with the way things had always been, the way things were supposed to be. There wasn’t supposed to be anyone else, Cassie thought, as she clenched her fists, there was just supposed to be her and Ric. Us against the world, Ric had always told her, as he pulled her to him at night, wrapping his arms around her, giving her safety.

To further add to the horror of that afternoon, she then noticed Matilda sitting with Sally having what seemed to be an animated conversation about things Cassie could only dream of talking to Princess Pushy about.

before standing up and jogging down the lone stretch of beach. Its not like she’d be missed, was her final thought before she broke into a full run.

Those lines really summed up for me Cassie’s loneliness, but particularly the sentence I’ve put in large print. Poor Cass, I hope things start to look up for her soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, as long as we know we've got one reader, thats all the review we need.

not that we'd say no to more I mean, YAY!

GOOD LUCK WITH EXAMS TOO!!

Thank you Jess :] I had a couple of assignments to complete as well that I took too much time on, hence the delay in my review.

Well done to both of you, Kat and Jess. Another great chapter.

White hot anger flooded through Cassie’s body as she slammed her back abruptly against a wall in a deserted corridor and shut her eyes in the desperate hope that if she did, this nightmare would disappear.

Great opener. I like the use of the word nightmare, in relation to the title. And there is just something I love about the description of “white” hot anger.

Cassie found herself grinning for the first time as they shot insults at each other.

Lol, classic Cassie. I loved the whole Mattie/Belle rivalry and the fact that they had their own niches. I'm glad that it's different from Drew and Lucas who seem to be great friends. I also like how you included Belle as their ex, and how there still is tension there. But at the same time, they seem so nice to each other it makes me love them more!! Aw, sweet boys.

“You need to ask superstud here, he’s the only one who’s so far managed to tame the ice maiden,” Drew teased and Ric was relieved when Lucas smiled, blushing slightly.

I like their bantering as well :)

“Sure you can have a go, it you want your face rearranged,” he deadpanned, momentarily stunning Drew and Lucas into silence. Damn, damn, damn, he cursed; his temper abating as quickly as it had risen.

I was also getting worried about Ric forgetting Cassie, but it was good to see the protectiveness and the way he explained why Cass is the way she was.

To further add to the horror of that afternoon, she then noticed Matilda sitting with Sally having what seemed to be an animated conversation about things Cassie could only dream of talking to Princess Pushy about.

Poor, poor Cassie. I can really feel her pain. I can't help thinking she is slightly selfish when she resents the fact that Ric is fitting in because by the sounds of it, he has had to put up with a lot of negative responses in the past for her happiness.

Great chapter guys, looking forward to some more.

• 1 year later...

Archived