Outrageous Fortune

Guest Lise

OMGosh this is my fave show, its the best New Zealand show ever made, except for killing off Aurora, she was awesome and She and Van were like my fave bit of the show....

hey did you know the UK is stealing outrageous fortune and remaking it under the name Honest :o. Outrageous Fortune rocks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they really calling it honest?

That's like a Tui ad as they aren't honest...they are criminals.

It was good to see them get so many awards at the Film and TV Awards this week.

yup :/ strange aye, why don't they just show our's, it the bomb tonights epsoide rocked!

A UK production company called Greenlit Rights is producing 'Honest' which is a six-part series based on our very own Outrageous Fortune.

Read the full story from The Guardian below:

Redman gets an Honest job

Ben Dowell

Monday April 30, 2007

www.MediaGuardian.co.uk

ITV has commissioned a six-part comedy dramas series, starring Amanda Redman as the wife of a prison inmate determined to go straight.

The series, called Honest, will also star Danny Webb and Sean Pertwee and will be made by independent producer Greenlit. ITV has confirmed that it will be shown next year.

The recruitment of Redman, the star of BBC1's hit drama New Tricks, is a coup for the commercial network. New Tricks, now in its fourth series, tends to dominate its Monday 9pm slot.

Redman, alongside co-stars Alun Armstrong, Denis Waterman and James Bolam, films New Tricks for six months a year.

It is understood that her new ITV commitment will not effect the likely commission of a fifth series of New Tricks by BBC1.

In the ITV1 drama, she will play Lindsay, who becomes the sole carer of her four children when her husband Mack, played by Webb, is given a four-year sentence for robbery.

The eldest of her children are twin sons Taylor, a law student, and Vin - who will be played by Matthew McNulty, a star of Debbie Horsfield's six-part drama True Dare Kiss.

Daughter Kacie, to be played by Laura Haddock, is an aspiring model and Eleanor Wyld will take the role of 15-year-old Lianna.

The drama also stars Amit Shah, Michael Byrne, Georgia Mackenzie and Burt Kwouk who best known for playing Cato, Inspector Clouseau's man-servant in the Pink Panther films.

Honest has been written by Jack Williams, whose credits include the ITV1 drama Wild at Heart and the BBC2 sitcom Roman's Empire. It will be co-produced by Greenlit's Jill Green and Eve Gutierrez.

The director of ITV entertainment and comedy, Paul Jackson, said of the commission: "Jack has done a great job in adapting the Honest scripts and I am thrilled that Amanda is heading up this brilliant and talented cast."

The Greenlit managing director, Jill Green, added: "Honest takes a witty look at a rather wayward family whose matriarch is trying to get them out of the criminal circle they have become so used to.

"We are delighted to have the hugely talented Amanda Redman on board - she was absolutely our first choice for the role of Lindsay."

hopefully that's helpful :)

Strange idea...wouldn't it just be cheaper to show ours and I bet theirs will be a crappy take off.

Last night made me feel sorry for Van. Poor guy. He looked like a Zombie!

Pascalle coming back to find Munter and Kasey in her bed was funny.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started watching Outrageous Fortune in season 3 and I'm in love with it. I have even bought the 1st and 2nd season on DVD. My favourites are Loretta, Van and Munter. Van has been annoying me lately tho on tuesday he looked so depressed and down. I can't believe he hooks up with Draska again.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Hayden and Loretta as a couple. It was sad when Hayden left. The whole time he was telling her he was leaving I thought that he was joking. Loretta's revenge was very good but a bit over the top.

Archived