Question Time with Holly Brisley

Guest Andy

QUESTION TIME

The Newcastle Herald

23 December 2006

HOLLY BRISLEY

HOME AND AWAY CAST MEMBER

CHRISTMAS means family time for Home and Away's Holly Brisley.

Born in Adelaide in January 1978, Brisley is the eldest of two daughters of property developer parents.

When she was 18 months old, the family moved to the Gold Coast. She hasn't lived more than 10 kilometres from the beach ever since.

At 16, Brisley landed a three-year role on Brisbane-based children's program Agro's Cartoon Connection. She started the job in her final year of high school and completed her schooling while working on the show. In its final year, Brisley moved with the program to Sydney.

Agro wrapped in 1997 and Brisley landed a presenting role on the Prime Regional Network's lifestyle/travel show It's About Time, and maintained her acting with a guest role in Home and Away.

Her film work includes Scooby Doo: The Movie and Garage Days and she has also worked on TV programs such as Escape with ET, Cheez TV, White Collar Blue and All Saints.

In 2005, Brisley made it to the final three on the second series of Dancing with the Stars.

The same year she worked with Newcastle actor Zac Garred on Home and Away. Garred played a hospital lab assistant named Bert who was charmed by Brisley's character, the show¿s resident vixen, Amanda Vale.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR?

Spending it with my family. We always do a traditional lunch and it's such a special day.

BEST CHRISTMAS CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

Playing in the pool with all of my cousins. I also remember the year I got a pony for Christmas. It was one of the most amazing days ever. My parents always go to a lot of effort for Christmas.

BEST GIFT YOU¿VE EVER GIVEN SOMEONE?

Last year my sister and I got all of Mum and Dad's old footage which spanned over 40 years and edited it all into a fantastic package with music, they cried when they saw it.

WHY WAS IT SO SPECIAL?

Because they hadn't seen most of the footage in years, and the way it was all put together was amazing. They'll be able to keep it and show it to people forever.

WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR CHRISTMAS LUNCH/DINNER?

Everything from seafood, turkey, to ham and the best vegetables and pudding in the world.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION?

To get really fit.

BEST GIFT YOU¿VE EVER GIVEN SOMEONE?

Last year my sister and I got all of Mum and Dad's old footage which spanned over 40 years and edited it all into a fantastic package with music, they cried when they saw it.

WHY WAS IT SO SPECIAL?

Because they hadn't seen most of the footage in years, and the way it was all put together was amazing. They'll be able to keep it and show it to people forever.

yeh, Thanks for posting. These parts were so sweet. How thoughtful! No wonder her parent's filled up! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived