A Week In A Lifetime

Guest shellybelly46

YaY! Thanks for updating Rachelle :D

Great chapter. Josh is annoying. I'd be majorly p*ssed off if I was Martha <_< although, he is rather entertaining :P

Hope the talk goes well. No doubt theyll be able to sort something out :) she cant resist Jack forever :D

Looking forward to more

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two updates in as many days, who would have thought?

Chapter Fifteen

Martha’s POV

Jack practically ran to wherever he was taking me. I wasn’t exactly sure what to do; he was surely taking four steps per my one step and to add to the discomfort, he didn’t say a word.

I started to familiarize myself to where we were, we were walking, no slightly jogging, along the path adjacent to the beach. It had been a good twenty minutes walk.

I slowed down, watching Jack hurry on. I was having trouble catching my breath; it made me realize how unfit I really was.

“Jack,” I panted. “Where are you taking me?” I asked.

“It’s just a few more kilometres up the road,” he quickly said, charging on.

I came to a complete stop. “A few more kilometres!” I all but shouted. “Kilometres! You’ve got to be kidding me!”

Jack ignored me, well not entirely; he slowed his pace, obviously waiting for me to catch up.

“Jack, I’m not walking any further until you tell me what we’re doing,” I told him. “I’m not walking with you.”

Once again he kept walking. I knew he was smirking to himself.

“Bastard!” I cursed to myself.

“Jack, stop!” I demanded. “Jack!” I shouted. “Stop before I kick you!”

‘Finally’ I thought, as Jack’s feet came to a halt. ‘Now turn around, turn around Jack’ I said in my head. But he didn’t. He continued to have his back face me.

“What are we doing, Jack?” I asked in a soft tone. I was getting annoyed; it was like he was playing some game. “Do you like playing games, do you? Well I don’t! You either talk to me here or I turn around and find my own way back to the caravan park… who knows, I could even get attacked out here. I really have no idea where I am,” I ranted. “So talk, Jack or I’m gone.”

He started to walk away! Was he testing me or something?! The amount of anger that built up inside the pit of my stomach to moment his foot hit the ground with his first step was so strong I could burst any second!

“Jack!” I shouted. “Jaaaack!”

He kept on walking. He knew how to push my buttons and I let him. I stop, on this path watching him walk away.

“Jack!” I shrieked in an ear-piercing pitch. I stomped my feet in one last hope that he’d stop and turn around.

I was in luck, he did turn around…

“WHAT?!” he yelled at me. “What do you want?”

“You know what? Nothing, I want nothing from you,” I snapped turning around and storming off.

“I’m only doing what I said which was that I’d only talk to you when you weren’t so scared!” he shouted after me. “Looks like the princess hasn’t changed. Maybe I was expecting too much!”

I turned around, ready to have it out with this prick.

“What were you expecting, Jack,” I asked, emphasizing his name.

“Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe, just maybe I thought that if I didn’t speak, you would. Maybe I thought that with a little bit of decency you would have opened your mouth in that twenty minutes of silence back then. Maybe I thought we could work out once and for all, so we’re on the same page, what we are doing. Maybe I thought you weren’t so childish to chuck a hissy fit when all I wanted to do was show you a place that is special to me. Maybe I was too wrapped up in myself to only consider one outcome of this. Want to take a guess at what outcome that might be?” he shot at me with all anger.

“Enlighten me,” I said, as I started to walk towards him. “Tell me what you want the outcome to be. Explain to me why you want to take me to your special place,” I said with a little hush in my voice. “Tell me Jack.”

“Least, I want to be your friend. Most, obviously I want to try more than friends. I also don’t want to hear about the three, four day crap. I thought it was stupid when people told me they found love at first sight, I laughed in their face. I definitely know what instant attraction is though, hopefully that could turn into love one day,” he spoke honestly.

“Wow. Put yourself out there then. Aren’t you scared you’ll get snapped in two?” I asked him.

“A little. I guess I put all my trust in you to take the leap with me. This is a first for me too, Martha. I know you’re attracted to me as much as I’m attracted to you. I’ve never put myself on the line like this for anyone before not even my family, now that’s something to be scared of, not the timing,” he smiled, stepping forward towards me.

“If I say yes to trying more then friends, what happened next?” I asked, smiling at him.

“Hmm, well, we’d have to hold hand, skip the rest of the kilometres to the special spot I want to share with you, then I want to take you back to your caravan, kiss you goodnight and go have the best sleep I’ve ever had in my whole entire life,” he chuckled a little to himself.

“Why the best sleep in your whole entire life?”

“I’d feel safe. My heart, my soul, my body would feel safe. I’d know I scored the opportunity of a lifetime. I don’t know why anyone would want to give up this body for any reason whatsoever,” he smirked as he ran his hands down the sides of his torso.

“You’re good with your words. I have a lot to learn from you,” I grinned at him.

“Don’t you change moods quickly, princess,” he said sarcastically.

“Well, I am female,” I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t I know it?”

“Shut up!” I pushed him.

“So?” he asked, switching back to half serious.

“So what?”

“So what now?”

“So what now what?” I asked, laughing at my own stupid sentence.

“Plus one for Princess: she makes me laugh… okay, all seriousness, what are you saying? Do you want to hold my hand and walk on? Or, turn around and go back wondering ‘what if’?” he asked me.

Without even thinking, I stepped forward, closing a gap between the two of us. Looking into his eyes, I leant forward and…

… slid my fingers through his.

Preview: Where does Jack take Martha?

Thanks you two :)

It gets kind of sad when I started incorporating Shakespeare into a fic… I’ve done it before, and here I am doing it again. Sadass.

Proofed by Jess.

Chapter Sixteen

Martha’s POV

“Umm Jack,” I whispered. “What the hell did I just stand on?!” I asked in horror. “It felt smooth, squishy and flexible. What did I stand on?!”

Jack had grabbed my hand from where I linked our fingers and lead me down a long, stranded beach that was blocked off, by what looked like a massive wall of rock. He pulled me by the arm as I kept on asking about where he was taking me, of course, he wouldn’t tell me.

“Watch your step,” he said, as he indicated for me to step up onto a massive rock before him. He held his hand out for me to balance on as I took a huge step up.

“Follow me, stay close, it can get a little slippery here as the water still reaches this area,” he told me. “But don’t be scared,” he quickly added.

“Oh so reassuring,” I rolled my eyes. “Martha Mackenzie dies aged 18 after being swept off rocks because her ‘more than friends’ friend said not to be scared therefore not to be careful whilst walking on unfamiliar rocks.”

“That’s a bit dramatic isn’t it?” he laughed. “It’s not that bad, waves are not going to knock you on your ass and sweep you under… and even if they did, I’d be your hero,” Jack smirked, stopping and looking at me.

“Just what I need, a hopeless hero. All hail Jack,” I giggled. “So, where are you taking me? Tell me, pleeease,” I begged.

“Nah uh,” he said. “We’re nearly there. Just have to climb around those rocks over… there!” Jack pointed. Rather large rocks shimmer in the moonlight, skimming my eyes down, I saw waves crashing just below the top surface.

“No way, Jack,” I shook my head, pulling my hand from his grip. “That really will be my head stone!”

“Martha,” Jack whispered. “Martha, I wouldn’t bring you here if I didn’t think it was safe. Now,” he stated. “Do you trust me enough to carry you?”

“You’re not serious? I weigh a ton,” I told him as I shook my head.

“Somehow I doubt that,” he replied, lifting an eyebrow, skimming my body.

“See something you like?” I smirked.

“Umm, hmm, well,” he lifted one of my arms and wrapped it around his neck. “I guess,” Jack slipped his arm and hand down my lower back. “I guess you could say I’ve found something I really, really like.”

Jack bent his knees as he quickly forced my body up into his arms.

“Jack!” I squealed. “Put me down, right now!” I demanded.

“Yeah, yeah. Who listens to you anyway?”

Jack grabbed me by the hips and slowly slid me off his shoulder. I placed my feet directly on the ground in front of him, falling into him a little, placing my tummy on his. He looked down into my eyes as I looked up into his.

I flickered my eyelids nervously; making sure this was really a “moment”. I felt my throat start to become caught up; my palms were becoming a little clammy too.

“So, what is this place?” I spoke softly, still staring intently into his eyes.

“It’s the place I used to hang out a lot when we’d come up here for holidays. They say holiday are for escaping ones life, and this is the spot I used as my escape. Dad brought me and Luc here one night and told me to look up into the “ceiling” of the cave, the reflection of the moonlight on the water beams up onto the rock so beautifully,” he gushed, grabbing my hand and leading me further into the cave.

“It’s gorgeous,” I beamed, making my voice echo throughout the rock formation. “I am so glad you brought me here.”

“Yeah, me too,” he smiled, turning around completely to face me.

“I have to tell you before I forget, how much does Josh dig Michelle?” Jack laughed as he questioned me.

“Oh no, not Josh. Michelle!” I started. “’She would hang on him as if increase of appetite had grown by what it fed on…’”

“Is that Shakespeare?” Jack asked.

“Yes, be quiet, I had a crush on the man after I read Romeo and Juliet AND Hamlet. He’s really talented. I want to be like him one day,” I said, with a cheeky smile on my face.

“You want to be a MAN who writes about TRAGEDY and kills EVERYONE off in his plays? Okay, I don’t know you,” Jack said blankly, pushing past me, heading for the opening of the cave.

I quickly spun around, watching as Jack made his way to the edge towards the moonlight.

“What?” I spoke to him. “I don’t even get a ‘more then friends’ goodnight kiss then?”

I chuckled as Jack quickly brought his feet to a hault.

“Kiss?” he asked, slowly turning to face me.

“Good boy,” I cooed as I made my way up to him. I stopped just inches from Jack’s body.

“Has anybody ever told you, you look gorgeous with the moonlight shining perfectly on your face?” Jack whispered, as he traced a line around my cheek bone and down my jaw to my chin.

“They have now,” I smiled, anxiously.

“I don’t know why someone as hot as you would want to be a man…” he said, seriously wondering the question.

“You take things too literal.”

“Can I be metaphorical then?” he smirked.

“This should be good,” I laughed.

“It’ll be better then good, it’ll be great,” he winked. “Now…”

Jack draped his arms down around my hips and lower back. He pulled me forward with a tug so we stood close. I moved my hands to his shoulders as he again, pulled me in tighter. I must admit, it felt good to be so close to him.

He dipped his head down, softly placing the tip of his nose on mine. Or foreheads pushed together, and our eyes locked in unison. I let out a small sigh, he was drawing it out so long, I just wanted to plant my lips over his, but I thought I’d leave it up to him.

“May I whisper on your lips?” Jack spoke in a low tone.

I gave a slight nod indicating the go ahead. He slowly lowered his head even further scooping the bottom on my lips onto his. He tenderly pressed his lips over mine, working silently with him, I opened my mouth slightly, intending on deepening the kiss.

:wub:

So gorgeous!

I love this, they're both adorable together. And the shakespeare was a nice touch Rachelle :D

Theyre both hopeless romantics at heart arent they lol

The rock walking was rather amusing aswell! I for one would be thankful he carried me, being held so closely in Jacks strong and protective arms! :wub: Ahh *sighs* You cant get much better than that!

Anyhoo, great chapter, looking forward to reading more

Archived