A Week In A Lifetime

Guest shellybelly46

I thought it was about time I brought myself to update. It's pretty crap, I can't remember where I was going with this, but hopefully I'll find the paper I wrote it on, lol. Anyways, umm, I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again. Assessments are piling on and I'm slack with everything, so they need all of my attention, lol... not that study will get it though ;) lol!

Thanks to Krystal for proofing :)

Chapter Thirteen

Martha’s POV

I stood rigid against the door; I looked back over my shoulder at the guy sitting on my bed. His face displayed confusion and disappointment, maybe even anger and it was all because of me. I couldn’t let his feelings interrupt mine. I wasn’t going to let his confusion become my confusion. I made my decision and that’s what was going to happen.

“Jack, I’m sorry. As much as I want this, it just can’t happen,” I tried to explain. “Can you please just go?”

“No, we need to talk. What just happened?” Jack asked, shifting his body on the bed.

“Nothing,” I mumbled. “But you’re about to leave.”

“Why are you so restrained..” He lost his words for a brief moment, before regaining them, “Protected? Why do you do this? Has someone hurt you in the past? Martha, you can’t tell me you didn’t want to kiss me just now,” Jack shot questions at me like a canon firing bombs at the enemy.

“Jack, if you knew what was good for you, you’d leave when I ask… or I’ll kick you in the shins till you do leave!” I smiled, emphasizing the doorway.

He got up and walked towards me and swiftly placed his hands on my body. He looked down at me, I did everything not to look at him, but I couldn’t help it.

A few minutes rushed by before I realized what I was doing. The confusion was happening.

“Please,” I whispered. “Just go.”

He cupped my face, bringing his lips back down over mine. Lingering for a few moments, he let go, stepping away from me and towards the hallway.

“Call me when you’re not so scared,” he said bluntly before walking away.

To be perfectly honest, I was upset I didn’t stop him. He was right I was scared, but it’s not something I wanted or needed right now, especially since I’d only known Jack for 3 days and 72 hours. I’d class this… thing to almost being like a one night stand and I don’t do one night stands! I won’t let myself get built up for a massive fall. If I had this wall, its protection and it’s good, I won’t fall so hard.

I had finally found the courage to leave my bedroom. I had been sitting in there trying to cover myself up, wrap myself up in cotton wool so I wouldn’t feel the impact of the fall I was starting to take. I hated that my friends and Jack placed me on a pedestal and I don’t even know the reason why I’m up so high!

“Arvo sunshine, the day’s half over!” Michelle skipped past in her bikini.

“Yes, well I want it to be over already,” I replied and I slumped down onto the lounge.

Michelle walked over and grabbed my hands, yanking me up onto my feet.

“Martha, c’mon, you’ve locked yourself up in that room for the past… what?” she asked, counting her fingers. “Jack left at midnight, now its midday. 12 hours?” she grinned.

“Your point is?”

“My point is that you need to get out of this place! That’s why we’re going for a long, afternoon stroll along the gorgeous beach outside… and then you can tell me why you’re so down and why Jack left suddenly last night,” she bargained. “Deal?”

“Jack did not leave suddenly last night. It was midnight, it was about time he left,” I said.

“Deal or what?” Michelle groaned.

“Fine! But don’t whine to me when you realize how boring my life really is and that you could be pashing Josh instead of being a good friend,” I huffed, forcing a smile.

“Okay, let me get this straight. You and Jack were on your bed. He leant in and kissed you. You kissed him back and then pulled? Dude! What the hell is wrong with you?” Michelle slapped my arm. “One, Jack is mighty fine, two, he obviously likes you, three, you obviously like him, four, you guys look hot together!”

“Says the girl who was angry when I was spending the day with him as friends,” I coughed.

“Yes, well I was foolish back then,” she pushed me off.

“Michelle!” I ranted. “It was only days ago!”

“Right,” she said, looking confused. “I guess I just thought you guys looked really hot together. You have potential.”

“As much potential that it’s going to rain during the worst drought our nation has seen in over a century,” I rolled my eyes.

“Be honest, what’s really stopping you?” she asked. “And don’t give me that bull about the timing and this week.”

“I don’t know. That’s a part of it. I just don’t want to get hurt by a holiday fling,” I told her.

“Jack is hardly the devil. I truly, madly, deeply…”

“Shut up!” I said.

“Let me finish,” she scorned. “I truly, madly, deeply believe that Jack is a good guy and I’ll support you whatever way you choose. Give the guy a chance. If things don’t work out, you have one fine shoulder to cry on,” Michelle joked, winking at me and she pulled the neck of her shirt over her shoulder.

“Oh yes, mighty shoulder,” I laughed.

“Seriously, when will you get the chance to do this again?”

“Probably never,” I answered.

“More the reason to jump in head first,” she said to me.

“Okay fine, but if this back fires it’s on your ass!” I slapped her bottom.

“Fine by me. You know you just wanted a reason to touch it,” she laughed. “Touch it again, you know you wanna…”

“Ah, I’ll leave that to Josh, I’m sure he’d like that.”

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: that ending was great. I like this Michelle/Martha friendship, its cute. But Martha is being silly. I hope she gives Jacky a chance :) They are hot together :wub:

Great loooooooong awaited chapter

More please :)

Yay! We finally got our update :P

Great chapter :)

Maybe after that talk Martha will come to her senses.

I can kind of understand where shes coming from though, id probably be the same if I was in her position :lol:

But sometimes you just have to bite the bullet!

Looking forward to the next chapter, PLEASE update as soon as you can :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^It's not, well hopefully not, lol. I've just been busy with school stuff... and I don't really feel like writing with JM how they are in the show.

Luc and Belle, umm, if I do end up putting them into the story (which is looking more positive everyday, lol) it'll be after the schoolies week is over...

Thanks guys.. sorry for the lack of updates and sorry for this crapness.

Chapter Fourteen

Martha’s POV

I had just gotten back from my walk and walk with Michelle. Who knew that that girl actually helped me? She pointed out a few things that were clearly, staring me bluntly in the face! Things like the fact that Jack genuinely likes me, which is definitely a first from anyone! And the point that you only live once and should grab every opportunity with two hands and not just one. I’ll just have to remember something my mother once told me. “Don’t regret anything, because at the time it was exactly what you wanted.”

“Don’t… regret… any… thing…” I started to say to myself, ‘plugging’ it into my brain. “Because… at… the… time…”

“Oi, Martha!” Josh shouted from a picnic bench inside the caravan park. “Talking to yourself, mate?” he yelled. “Everyone says it’s the first sign of insanity,” he added.

“Go home Josh, no one wants you here,” I replied.

“You see, sweetie, that’s where you’re wrong. I can pick one gorgeous person who wants me to stay,” he spoke twirling his hands into a point towards Michelle.

“Gorgeous, where?” I spat, walking towards the table.

“Oh, right here!” Michelle pushed her arm towards the sky. “Pick me, pick me!”

“She got it in one. Looks like I’m wanted here,” Josh smile smugly and sarcastically.

“No who’s in the wrong! She’s the bitch who loves herself, she said nothing about wanting you here,” I said.

“Bitch?! You’re the bitch, bitch!” Michelle shouted at me.

“Darl, get with the jargon,” I mocked, walking towards the cabin. “Bitch is a fine name, you’re my bitch and I’m your bitch. See? Fine,” I told her, hoping she’d understand my crap explanation.

“Shell, you can’t seriously believe that, can you?” Josh asked. “She was trying to insult you!”

“Oh shut up, Josh,” Michelle replied. “She’s my bitch.”

I walked up to the door and was still in speaking distance of the group on the bench. I remembered what I was saying before I go rudely interrupted.

“Because at the time it’s exactly what you wanted,” I finished, ignoring the others who looked at me like I was seriously insane.

“What?!” I said, as I turned around to look at the blank faces that sat in front of me.

“Ignoring Jack, are we?” Josh simply said. It took me by surprise; I honestly hadn’t seen him sitting on the end of the table, half behind some bushes.

I looked towards him, and then at Michelle, who mouthed me a message.

‘Talk to him, now!’

I returned my eyes back on Jack. He sat there almost lifeless. He slumped forward on the seat, his head flung towards his chest and he was trying to avoid all eye contact.

“Jack!” Josh called.

He looked up and his eyes directly shot my way. His eyes had a sadden tinge to them. I knew I was probably a stubborn bitch, but did I really knock this guy around this badly?

“Hey,” I managed to say. I nearly said ‘hi’ but felt like it was kind of ruder in this situation.

“Hi,” he replied. Oh look, he was the rude one.

A silence carried over everyone. I stood there not knowing what to do. I released the door and he slowly made its way back to its frame.

“How nice? Why don’t we just skip the small chit-chat and get straight to the weather?” he said sarcastically.

“What has he been drinking? Geezus,” I asked.

“Well the sky is clear, it’s warm and the stars will be blaring tonight. Perfect weather,” he rolled his eyes.

“Josh, be quiet otherwise I will go insane,” I smiled. I looked back over at Jack, it was good to see him trying to refrain from smiling, even thought I saw it creeping up onto his face.

“Jack,” I said catching his attention and everyone else’s. Everyone who sat at the table swiveled their hips to look up at me, to see what I was going to say to Jack.

“Aww, sexual tension,” Josh said in a sing-song voice. “That’s hot. Hot, hot, hot... ‘It’s getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes.’” He started to sing. “I’m getting to hot, I wanna take my clothes off,” he added in a stupid, girly high-pitched voice.

I started to laugh, not realizing Jack had gotten up and walked away.

“Whatever he’s been sniffing, don’t let him anymore. He’s deluded,” I told Michelle.

“No, no. You’re deluded Martha. Yoooou!! All yoooou!” he giggled to himself.

“Yes, Josh. I’m the deluded one,” I nodded as I patted his back.

Suddenly a voice called from fifty metres away. “Martha!” I quickly turned my head looking towards Jack who looked back at me, before quickly looking down at the ground.

“Wish me luck,” I whispered to Michelle.

“You’ll do great,” she told me.

“I hope so,” I replied running off towards Jack. “Don’t regret anything, because at the time it was exactly what you wanted.”

I caught up to him; he turned to face the beach and began to walk towards the exit of the park.

“Walk with me,” he said toneless. Without saying a thing, I took a large stride to again catch up level with him…

Archived