Chris Egan

Guest claire_louise

H&A star Chris enjoys movie stardom

Home and Away veteran Chris Egan is celebrating after his new film Eragon soared to number two in the US movie charts last weekend.

He plays a character called Roran in the big-budget fantasy adventure, which also features Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich and Joss Stone.

The Australian thesp is best remembered for portraying Nick Smith in the Summer Bay-set soap between 2000 and 2003.

"Great memories," he enthuses. "Those years on the show were probably the craziest of my life. It really set me up for all the other things I did. It was the best training ground.

So did he always plan on going to Tinseltown?

"It was the dream," he remarks. "It just felt like the natural progression to go to Hollywood. I guess I looked at it in a really simple way. I spent six months preparing, trying to get a game plan.

Roran may not be a key player in the current Eragon movie, but Chris promises viewers can see a lot more of him in the follow-up films.

"My character isn't as developed in the first one as he is in parts two and three. It expands more in the rest of the trilogy, but doing it was a blast.

Aside from those sequels, Chris has a string of other projects in the pipeline. He can soon be seen in the US series Vanished, which debuts on five in a few months, as well as the movies Virgin Territory and Resident Evil: Extinction.

Thanks for the article claire louise.

I saw Eragon a couple of nights ago. Seeing Chris Egan was the highlight for me - all of the first 10 minutes he was in it! Then he just left! I don't know whether I'll see the next 2 parts but I might if there's more of him! :P

Archived