Jump to content
Dan F

Support Group

Recommended Posts

On 30/06/2019 at 06:11, Sunny Girl said:

My partner and I live with his ex. Originally we lived by ourselves and we loved it but she wanted to go on the lease with us so we all moved to a new home that would be suitable for the three of us. 

My partner and I share the cooking and cleaning between us. The only this that his ex doesn't lift a finger and is the laziest person I've ever come across. If she wasn't his ex, then I would have had words a long time before now. 

I guess I just feel that we are been used, that's all. 

Any suggestions? 

Hey Sunny, 

I dont know if you mentioned this already, but if you and your partner were happy living together, why would your partners ex suggest going on the lease?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Hey Sunny, 

I dont know if you mentioned this already, but if you and your partner were happy living together, why would your partners ex suggest going on the lease?

 

She ran into trouble living with a friend of hers and felt that it would be easier to live with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

I am trying to be friends with a ex but the trouble is my brother lives with him and won't let us see each other it is my birthday party on weekend and I invited him however I am worried that if they both turn up to my party it will be awkward I am running out of time to warn my brother and one of my friends is saying I shouldn't be friends with the ex but lots of people/can be  right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/08/2019 at 06:17, Kristen said:

Hi Guys

I am trying to be friends with a ex but the trouble is my brother lives with him and won't let us see each other it is my birthday party on weekend and I invited him however I am worried that if they both turn up to my party it will be awkward I am running out of time to warn my brother and one of my friends is saying I shouldn't be friends with the ex but lots of people/can be  right? 

Hi Kristen.  It's nice that you want to remain friends with your ex and I'm sorry that this is causing you some anxiety ahead of your party (Happy Birthday in advance 🎂).  I guess your brother is just trying to look out for you but at the end of the day it's not really his concern who you are friends with.  I'm surprised he isn't more conciliatory given that he shares accommodation with your ex and I'm assuming is also a friend of his?  If you are worried about a scene at your party if both are there, maybe ask your friend to take a raincheck until you have been able to have a proper chat with your brother to tell him how you feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, baywatcher said:

Hi Kristen.  It's nice that you want to remain friends with your ex and I'm sorry that this is causing you some anxiety ahead of your party (Happy Birthday in advance 🎂).  I guess your brother is just trying to look out for you but at the end of the day it's not really his concern who you are friends with.  I'm surprised he isn't more conciliatory given that he shares accommodation with your ex and I'm assuming is also a friend of his?  If you are worried about a scene at your party if both are there, maybe ask your friend to take a raincheck until you have been able to have a proper chat with your brother to tell him how you feel.

Thanks yes they are friends and we didn’t have a chance to talk to him however we are planning something a day after the party maybe  just us and maybe his new gf.

Edited by Kristen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.