Support Group

Dan F

Tele, all you need to remember is that you are an amazing person, and incredibly strong. You've already come through so much, and you shouldn't let one stupid woman put you down. You've survived bigger things than her :)

Plus, I reckon you'll be awesome at your job, so good luck :D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grr.. Im so sick of everything lately.

I was in New Zealand a few weeks ago & had a farewell party.. The guy that i lost my virginity too a few months ago & who I really do love came to this farewell party a few weeks ago, had a GF at the time but I was too stupid too care. Things happened, a couple days later the GF & her friends found out. A couple of days later I went back to Australia because thats when my tickets were booked for. Ive been talking to her on bebo & been trying to tell her what happened but she just wont believe me. Ever since then all shes been doing is calling me horrible names & the guy that I love has been too. I said some hurtful things too, but I apologized. I kept trying to tell him I am sorry for butting into their relationship, even though he cheated on the girl & im just doing the right thing by telling her what happened. I have been called fat, ugly, been told by him that I need to get hit by a train - but then he said that it will do more damage to the train than it will to me because im so fat. Im sick of hearing things like these just when Im trying to help everyone out. Everyday I think about this guy & how much he meant to me. It tears me apart to see him with another girl & upsets me so much to think back on how he treated me. It makes me wonder if he cared about me in the first place? Im just so tired of it all :(

Ok, I know this may seem stupid compared to some of the other posts in here, but I really need to get this off my chest.

I feel like I'm losing track of who I am. I used to know what I wanted to do, and I knew how I wanted to get there. I used to get really good grades, and I'd hardly ever get into trouble, but now I'm in highschool, things are different. I have a couple of teachers who hate me, and whenever anything happens, it gets blamed on me. I'm not imagining this, heaps of other students in the class think that I'm treated unfairly as well. I try and tell my mum, but she says that they probably have a valid reason... I want to know that reason though !

Plus, I have friend trouble as well. I've been best friends with this one girl for about seven years now, and she's always been there for me. Our parents were best friends as well, but then they got into a fight, and don't talk any more, which means we don't get together all the time. She's one year younger than me, but that's never been a problem before, but now our friendship seems to be disappearing. We hardly ever talk, and I miss her. I don't want to let 7 years of friendship go, and it seems the harder I try and hold on, the further apart we grow.

Plus, the group I sit with at school are complete idiots. The boys act like two year olds, in that food fighting stage, and think it's hilarious to attempt to break into a classroom. The girls are turning into people that I barely recognise anymore. One of my friends that I've known for a few years (and has never had a boyfriend) has started acting like a s**t. She pretends that she's done all this stuff with guys, when I know she hasn't. Boys are trying to take advantage of her, and I want to go up to her and just shake her, and tell her to stop putting on this act.

At home, I feel like my mum wants me to be more like my sister, which will never happen. My sister is amazing at everything she tries, and there is no comparison between us. My mum is constantly nagging, and she doesn't realize that the more she nags, the less of a chance that I'll actually pay attention. My Dad seems to be constantly grumpy, and my grandad has never been very talkative.

On top of all that, I'm suffering extremely bad writer's block. I've wanted to be an author for so long, and I can see my dream slipping away from me. I used to write all the time (even in class), but now I'm struggling to write anything. I want to be able to write... I love it so much, it's an escape from all my other problems, but I can't. I've been attempting to write a novel for so long, but I can't write anything original at the moment

i need to get stuff off my chest so here goes

my friends all talk about me behind my back and i think this may be affecting my grades which are falling at school but i dont know why as i try a lot harder than most people and my parents wont listen to what i am saying. all they seem to cre about is my sisters and if i do something a little bit good then its always overshadowed. i was in a netball team and we came second in the country round of it and then i get home and say that we are through to the national round and yet my parents dont seem to care because one of my sisters has become player of the match. i feel that the only way to get noticed is to do something wrong. plus my i have told my parents that i am being bullied at school and yet this has also been overshadowed by my sister getting a sports scholarship which means that they have forgotten that i am being bullied at school.

this has made me feel a little better

Rant time****

Ok, I'm so annoyed at the minute, I'm losing all of my friends, They seem to think it's ok to lie to you, It's like so convienint that the two people I would consider my bests friends are both babysitting on the same night, Wel the kind of babysitting where you see them in the kebab shop together! Uggh, Why can't they just tell you the truth?

I am basically being oushed out of our group because I'm a nice person! My best friends has fallen away from her friends, this has brought us closer, we were really close before, but now it's like we have each other and everyone else is faking being your friend, there's just so many fakes these days you don't who's really your friend and who's not!

Next problem is the people from my youth group, I love them all to death, well most of them, There are some really genuine lovely people. I get on really well with the guys, Last night we all went out, It was only a small number of us, mostly the lads, and it was really good, But I'm just sick of thne trying to set you up, I felt so wick last night, There's about 4 of the younger one's who are single, I was the only single girl last night. So one of my friends who I really do love he's really funny, but he just took it too far last night, He was trying to set me up with 3 different guys, He knows I likve one of them, but I don't want a boyfriend at the minute, I have enough problems with school and stuff without worrying about a relationship, I want to get my exams over before i get into anything.

It would have been alright if they were raking about he guy I liked, becuase everyone knows I like him, there's always a bit of bant with us. But last night was just ridiculous, they hacked my facebook and posted loads of stuff.

That was quite long and probably quite confusing, but yeah it feels better to rant haha

El, I hope everything's ok with your friends but if those are the sorts of friends they are going to be then I'd say they aren't worth it. I had the same sort of problem in high school and I think, some sorts of teenage girls are just like that unfortunately. You have to weed out the good ones, as they say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hugs El. i remember problems wiht friends at school (I'm working now and I still have the occassional problems). I hope you manage to sort things out. I have you gave them hell for hacking your fb account.

I've rung my therapist and booked an appointment for the new year. Was hoping for one today, but unsurprisingly she isn't working.

Thanks alot you two! :)

Everything seems to have calmed down, well it hasn't really, but I've learnt how to deal with it :) I've got a whole new bunch of friends, the ones I hung out wih before, & Im lucky they were still there for me :)

The facebook thing was taken well, The guy just laughed about it, and We've even gotten closer. I'm pretty much loving life atm! :)

Thanks alot for your posts! :) It meant alot!!

El x

• 2 weeks later...

So... I've lost weight... and it's a good thing, great actually and I'm much happier for it :) my clothes are getting looser on me and I have more energy... the problem is... mum.

She thinks that I've reverted back to my old ways, in other words she's accusing me of being bulimic again... which isn't true... not at all... I eat and I go no where near the bathroom but she doesn't seem to believe me.

Sure... I'm not eating as much and I'm exercising a heap more, also playing on the Wii is awesome and gets my blood pumping but she doesn't seem to want to believe me... I've even gone as far to sit her down and talk to her about it.

I know she's worried about me like all the time but not trusting me is making it harder!

Any help or advice would be great!

^ You've already sat with her to talk about it. That's a good thing. I've never had bulimia but I know a lot of bulimics tend to hide their disease from their family and friends and if you used to be like that, that could already prove to your mum that things are different now. I don’t know why you developed an eating disorder but try to explain to your mum why things are different. For example, if the reason you became bulimic was because of something your classmates said, tell her that things are different now. You just felt like losing a bit of weight and working on your condition.

Why don’t you stay around your mum for a while after dinner? By helping her doing the dishes for example. She will see that you’re not going to the bathroom just after you’ve eaten. This way, she will be able to keep an eye on you. I assume that when you say ‘playing on the Wii is awesome and gets my blood pumping’, it means you’re playing exercising games. Why don’t you ask her to play on the Wii with you? (At least, I think there are games you can play with someone else. :unsure:) She will see you’re just having fun and working on your condition. If she likes it, it could also be something you could do together every now and then. She’ll be able to see if you’re not exercising too much. I’m not saying this so your mum can check up on you all the time, it’s just so she can see that you’re in a different place right now and that you’re feeling better than you used to be, which will hopefully make her believe you when you say things are different. :)

I wouldn’t be angry with her though. It’s normal for a mum to worry, especially if you’ve had problems in the past. Just keep exercising but not excessively and keep eating but not too little and not too much either.

Hopefully this will help a little. :) Anyway, good luck! :D

Archived