Support Group

Dan F

That's good to hear, Musie. I hope things keep getting better for you.

My Dad is still not good. In fact, he's worse. He will have been in hospital for 6 weeks this Tuesday. They have moved him to a room with permanent Nurse Aid's because he needs extra help. He's paraniod and halucinating. The nurse we talked to told us the other day he wanted to kill people. This isn't from the medication he's on it's because his liver still isn't getting rid of the bad stuff in his body so it's gotten to his head.

They aren't giving us any garuntee's that he'll ever get better. It's unbelievably scary to think you could be sitting there watching your Dad die.

Thats terrible to hear.... I hope he does get better.

Lise, sorry to hear about your Dad, hope things get better for your Dad and you aren't too down x

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!

I'm kind of over freaking out, for the time being, at least. He seems to be having good days and bad days. I rung him on Friday and he was the best he'd sounded for a long time then yesterday he was refusing to take his medication and thinking that the staff wanted to harm him. Without the medication he will die, it's the only thing keeping him alive. My Aunty managed to convince him to take the pills in the morning. The staff have been told that they can try anything to get him to take the medication.

It's mind blowing what alcohol can do to you. I knew that drinking too much over a long time would do damage to you but not to this extent.

Thank you!

I'm kind of over freaking out, for the time being, at least. He seems to be having good days and bad days. I rung him on Friday and he was the best he'd sounded for a long time then yesterday he was refusing to take his medication and thinking that the staff wanted to harm him. Without the medication he will die, it's the only thing keeping him alive. My Aunty managed to convince him to take the pills in the morning. The staff have been told that they can try anything to get him to take the medication.

It's mind blowing what alcohol can do to you. I knew that drinking too much over a long time would do damage to you but not to this extent.

Aw I'm really sorry. Thats got to be so hard for you. My uncle has had problems with drink so in a small way I kind of know how you feel, although in your case you are probably feeling alot worse seeing as its your dad. I hope things get better.

I... I am really so, so upset right now. It has nothing to do with this forum so non worries :P

So since November I've been on a forum and I made friends on there really quickly, I've been talking to them everyday even when I've had the ****est days they'd always be talking about so much random shiz it'd cheer me up. Eevry day for about 12 hours I was on the sites live chat function, and it was great craic, just being in the circle of friends and having jokes between us and funny moments and basically friendships that I've never had in my life. We started getting eachothers facebooks and everything. You have no idea how much these guys meant to me.

Well today some ferak came into the chat, and yeah we get them a lot, but they were harassing us to watch some vid on youtube. I wasnt commenting, just reading along like, and then they were getting real nasty with them, especially Michaela who was probably the person i'd talked to most on there. So I got really pissed at them and said something about if they can't watch the vids then they shouldnt ****ing have to and just generally sticking up for them. But then Michaela goes to me i can fight my own ****ing battles kat and i was like well i'm sorry i was just sticking up for yous ****ing hell - and then i logged off to calm down. then i logged in under a different name and read the message history where they were completely slagging me off, with stuff like i'm glad she went and she's so ****ing annoying she's a turd etc. logged off again and logged in as a new person a while later to see if tehy were still going on. They were having a full on rant about me, saying I looked about 8 and was ****ing stupid and etc etc. And I'm just really upset about it because for teh last four months I've gotten to know these people, talked to them about everything under the sun and just gotten so close to them and then look what happened. I just really dont know what to do now because i feel like I have nobody, I honestly have no friends in 'real life' anymore becuse they all went off and spread ****ing rumors about me and now the people i've considered myself closest to in the world hate me and probably have hated me for weeks at this point. I feel so lost and i really dont know who i can talk to anymore. :(

feel free to ignore i just needed to get it out and hopefully somebody will have taken the time to erad through taht mess and can just make me feel betetr.

And I suppose the moral of the story be stick to BttB and dont bother with others? :P

Awww Kat. I just want to give you a big hug! Sometimes human beings suck, dont they?

I don't have a lot of friends. I'm pretty shy so really the only people I'm friends with are the people that I work with. Don't really have any friends from school because they were all backstabbing cows so I kinda know what your going through. I'm not sure what to do about, though. It's probably just better to move on, it's their loss.

Rants are good for you. They get all of the anger out :)

Aw thats horrible.

Im honestly not trying to brag, Im not like that at all, but I do have alot of friends. But then again, I only have a small number of VERY good friends. I'v been going to an all girl school basically my whole life so you can imagine the amount of bitching I have come across in my life. And Im no angel, believe me, I have often been the one starting up the bitching session. Well for the last few years, a few of my oldest friends and I were in with a crowd that I considered my 'best friends' and I have to say that it took me a long time to realise how nasty these people were- and how nasty I was becoming when I was with them. I was actually so ashamed with myself. As were my oldest friends. This year though, I have gotten to know people that I would only have considered myself to be ''friendly with'' in the past. And let me tell you, there is alot less drama in my life now.

I guess what Im trying to say is things change. People change. Dont let other people get you down, if they act like that they honestly arent worth it.

x

*Cyberhugs for Symphony*

Whatever's going on, I hope things are sorted out for you soon :)

I think I could use some advice... I know I don't post in here often, and I've not been very good when it comes to giving advice, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I must give you a warning though, ridiculous girl drama ahead :P

Anyway, I have this friend, we've been close friends for almost six years now. In junior high we were two of three girls that always hung out together, and it was always the three of us (The other girl and I had known each other since we were little). Then when we started high school, we sort of lost contact with the third girl, so it has just been me and S (let's call her that from now on) for three years now. We both have other friends, and we've made sure we don't spend TOO much time together. We've both had other other people to hang out with, but we've also made time for each other.

Lately however, I've seen some problems appearing between us. Basically I started hanging out with two other people this year. We both know them and have for some time, but we've never really been close to them. This year however, I started hanging out with them, and I admit that I probably should have made more time to hang out with S as well, I guess I just found it very refreshing to hang out with these two people.

S has tried to be a part of our group, but to be honest that doesn't really work, because she's very different from the three of us. And it's those things that make her so different from us that also are the things the three of us have in common, so it's not really worked out being the four of us (not like there's arguing or anything, it's just not a match, and S doesn't really fit in).

Well, anyway, lately I've noticed that S seems to be almost jealous of me or something. I'm not sure it has to do a lot with the other two or anything, but lately she's been very edgy about these types of things, almost like she suddenly feels really bad about herself or something. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I've always done pretty well in school without always having to work my ass off or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly a freaky genius or something, but generally I've gotten slightly better grades than her, even though her grades are far from bad. And that's just one of the things she's suddenly making a big deal of, it's pretty much everything. If I'm in a bad mood or something and I say something like "I feel like an elephant today" or "I never get any money because I never get the chance to work because of their opening hours and going to school" she'll always reply something like "Oh yeeeaaah, you're sooo fat! have you checked out me? You shouldn't complain!" or "Oh yeah, poor you, the little money I have I can't even spend because I need to save it so I can get my licence."

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with me complaining, because let's face it, our friendship has kind of been based on our love for bitching and moaning, and I'm honestly not that bad! And if I'm about to hand in a paper, and I don't think it went very well, she'll always say something like "Well, you always get good grades no matter what you do. I on the other hand, have to work my ass off, and I'm never smart enough to get a decent grade."

First of all, none of this is true, and second of all it's getting really frustrating that I can't seem to be allowed to mention any concern or annoyance without getting to hear how ridiculous my complaining is because she's so much worse off.

I don't really have any other explanation than that she's jealous or something, because it's always about how I'm "so much more talented and smart and pretty" which honestly is not true at all. I might do better than here in some fields, but she has her talents and qualities, it's not like I'm the winner of all categories and she's good at nothing. That couldn't be further from the truth.

It worries me as well as annoys me, because I almost feel like I need to feel bad about it when I acheive something, and not mention any worries I may have. And she's very stubborn, so arguing with her about it won't work, I've tried that too. I just don't know what to do. I really want to stay friends with her, but it's not easy if this is how it's supposed to work.

For a while I thought it could be related to me spending so much time with the other two, but even after I've started hanging out with her more, she seems to feel the same way. That is a separate problem though, because I definitely think she feels the need to compete with them. Like, she always needs to make a point of it to the others that her and I talk about "real stuff" instead of just kidding around and having fun, since that's what I mainly do around the other two. I really don't know what to do here... Like I said, I want to stay friends with her, and I feel like I'm balancing my time with her and the other two fairly at the moment, but I can already see how, when I have a choice, seem to choose them, simply because I don't feel like hanging out with her anymore.

Sorry, that was a long rant, hope I didn't bore you to death :P

*Cyberhugs for Symphony*

Whatever's going on, I hope things are sorted out for you soon :)

I think I could use some advice... I know I don't post in here often, and I've not been very good when it comes to giving advice, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I must give you a warning though, ridiculous girl drama ahead :P

Anyway, I have this friend, we've been close friends for almost six years now. In junior high we were two of three girls that always hung out together, and it was always the three of us (The other girl and I had known each other since we were little). Then when we started high school, we sort of lost contact with the third girl, so it has just been me and S (let's call her that from now on) for three years now. We both have other friends, and we've made sure we don't spend TOO much time together. We've both had other other people to hang out with, but we've also made time for each other.

Lately however, I've seen some problems appearing between us. Basically I started hanging out with two other people this year. We both know them and have for some time, but we've never really been close to them. This year however, I started hanging out with them, and I admit that I probably should have made more time to hang out with S as well, I guess I just found it very refreshing to hang out with these two people.

S has tried to be a part of our group, but to be honest that doesn't really work, because she's very different from the three of us. And it's those things that make her so different from us that also are the things the three of us have in common, so it's not really worked out being the four of us (not like there's arguing or anything, it's just not a match, and S doesn't really fit in).

Well, anyway, lately I've noticed that S seems to be almost jealous of me or something. I'm not sure it has to do a lot with the other two or anything, but lately she's been very edgy about these types of things, almost like she suddenly feels really bad about herself or something. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I've always done pretty well in school without always having to work my ass off or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly a freaky genius or something, but generally I've gotten slightly better grades than her, even though her grades are far from bad. And that's just one of the things she's suddenly making a big deal of, it's pretty much everything. If I'm in a bad mood or something and I say something like "I feel like an elephant today" or "I never get any money because I never get the chance to work because of their opening hours and going to school" she'll always reply something like "Oh yeeeaaah, you're sooo fat! have you checked out me? You shouldn't complain!" or "Oh yeah, poor you, the little money I have I can't even spend because I need to save it so I can get my licence."

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with me complaining, because let's face it, our friendship has kind of been based on our love for bitching and moaning, and I'm honestly not that bad! And if I'm about to hand in a paper, and I don't think it went very well, she'll always say something like "Well, you always get good grades no matter what you do. I on the other hand, have to work my ass off, and I'm never smart enough to get a decent grade."

First of all, none of this is true, and second of all it's getting really frustrating that I can't seem to be allowed to mention any concern or annoyance without getting to hear how ridiculous my complaining is because she's so much worse off.

I don't really have any other explanation than that she's jealous or something, because it's always about how I'm "so much more talented and smart and pretty" which honestly is not true at all. I might do better than here in some fields, but she has her talents and qualities, it's not like I'm the winner of all categories and she's good at nothing. That couldn't be further from the truth.

It worries me as well as annoys me, because I almost feel like I need to feel bad about it when I acheive something, and not mention any worries I may have. And she's very stubborn, so arguing with her about it won't work, I've tried that too. I just don't know what to do. I really want to stay friends with her, but it's not easy if this is how it's supposed to work.

For a while I thought it could be related to me spending so much time with the other two, but even after I've started hanging out with her more, she seems to feel the same way. That is a separate problem though, because I definitely think she feels the need to compete with them. Like, she always needs to make a point of it to the others that her and I talk about "real stuff" instead of just kidding around and having fun, since that's what I mainly do around the other two. I really don't know what to do here... Like I said, I want to stay friends with her, and I feel like I'm balancing my time with her and the other two fairly at the moment, but I can already see how, when I have a choice, seem to choose them, simply because I don't feel like hanging out with her anymore.

Sorry, that was a long rant, hope I didn't bore you to death :P

Im not very good at giving advice, but this sounds exactly like my relationship I had with a friend up to a few years ago.

Me and (lets call her E. :P) have been friends since we were...well...babies! Lol she is my oldest friend, so you can imagine how close we are.

However, we went through a very bad patch a few years ago. She would be my best friend one minute, and ignore me for weeks the next. I was getting so frustrated, like I honestly didn't know what was going on. We both had different friends in school, it was more so outside school we were friends. I made new friends one year, which E was best friends with one year in school. One day, and I know this is a terrible thing to do, I read her diary. There was a WHOLE PAGE of bitching about me, all about how ''popular'' I am and how I have a ''posse'' who follow me around. I figured out that she was jealous because she thought I had ''stole'' her best friend in school.

Now bare in mind, we were 12/13 when this was going on, so we were sort of immature I guess. But your story sort of reminds me of the E saga. But, we just decided spend some time away from each other, and we ended up going to separte secondary schools. And, would you believe, 4 years later, she is still one of my best friends. But I know that if we had ended up going to the same school, we wouldn't be friends. AT ALL.

I think you need to talk to S, ask her is everything ok and if she feels the same way you do. Maybe ye could decide to take a bit of a break or something? (Sorry that sounds so much like boyfriend/girlfriend talk, lol.) But I know, for me, taking some time apart defiently helped us. I guess we just realised how much we loved each others company and that we both shouldn't take each other for granted. Nowadays, I only talk to her a few times a week, and maybe meet up with her once or twice a month even though she lives up the road for me, but I HONESTLY cant imagine my life without her.

Sorry, Im no good at giving advice, but thats what I did and it worked out better in the long run. :)

Archived