Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe =)

I don´t think I will bring it up with them.. my family does not communicate about anything half-emotional.. It´s mostly superficial..

If they ask me I might be able to say part of it, but I don´t think I will manage to talk about the suicide-thoughts and/or the eating disorder.. That I am feeling depressed I might be able to say, but only if asked :S

My family is sort of disfunctional :S

And yeah =P Do that Rising-Flame =)

My family's the most dysfunctional family I've ever come across, and so to say not dysfunctional, just plain weird. There are like, five kids, 50 animals, a pregnant mom (the father is some randomer) and a dad working overseas, lots of rows, and more rows. :P

But I'm not in here to talk about that... is it wrong that I.... last night... kind of kissed my best friend playing spin the bottle (Let me make this situation clear, we're 17/18/19/20 year olds playing spin the bottle)... I mean, it was a dare... but was it wrong? It's not like I haven't kissed a girl drunkenly while playing spin the bottle before, but it was weird, because it was my best friend, it WAS weird and wrong, but it didn't feel weird or wrong... help... :P

We are really close, probably as close you can be as far as just friends goes, but it just feels like more... I've talked to Lou about it, obviously, and she agrees that it was weird and not unpleasant, and I know we're both kind of confusexual, meaning we don't know which way we're inclined right now, and we were just thinking if it did turn out to be something more, should I be embarrassed about it? My family wouldn't take it too well, I'm sure of it.

Not much advice i can offer here except, don't be embarrassed. What's there to be embarrassed about. If it didn't feel totally weird then that's probably because you and your friend as so close.

If it's because you two are attracted to each other then that's fine too. But don't be ashamed/embarrassed about it.

I'm not much use here but i understand to an extent.My best friend and i are really close and will often hug and what not in public.I'm in a wheelchair and because i'm extremely lazy she often holds her hand out and i hold onto her as she drags me around :lol: .Neither of us have any shame in it because it's us and who we are.People sometimes ask us if we're lesbians and we just laugh.We get are you sisters a lot to which is much more annoying!

My point is it's not as unusual as you might think and if you really think it's more then close friendship then maybe try and limit the physicality for a while and see how you go.

Sorry if i've just rambled about nothing,making no sence.

This is a ramble that really doesn't need replies but I just need to vent:

I am so afraid of disapointing people. My main problem is school/school work. At the moment I am half way through my 2 year GCSE course, and failing. I used to be smart, I got an A in the eleven plus and I have always done well or OK. But I think now lazyness plays a big part. I can't take my coursework seriously, I couldn't be assed doing my homework at the best of times, I can't do my higher maths and I have an extremely short attention span. My mum is expecting me to do so well on this exams and I just can't. I blame lazyness but I don't think I am up to them. I am a really big worryier and it effects my sleep and when I'm tired, I'm lazy and have no concentration. I am light years behind on my artwork and everything is just going ARGHH! Plus I take GCSE spanish which I am no where near fluent on.

[/rant]

I know exactly how you feel... The feeling of "I have to do what everyone else expects and wants from me or they will hate me (or something of the sort)"... :S I feel bad that you are having this feeling... I have struggled with that for ages.. and for a while I just did what everyone wanted and it left me exhausted and miserable.. I am now trying to cool it off, but it is making me feel like I am letting everybody down.. But I think it will help in the long run..

I am also lazy at school these days and I think the best thing to do is either talking to your teacher and letting them now how you feel about this and that or just trying to accept that right now your body wants you to chill for a bit.. Either way is not easy but it might help a little bit =)

Archived