Support Group

Dan F

I'm a bit touchy on the PC issue myself, but if your friend's boss' behavior is affecting your friend's performance in her job and her personal life, then she should definitely report it. However, if she insists that it's just "his way" then maybe it is... Are you sure she's not snapping for some other reason?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No honey, in no way is it blowing anything out of proportion. That's sexual harrassment, no doubt about it. It's lewd comments, making people feel uncomfortable in their workplace, an abuse of power and trust - I think it's definitely something that should be reported. Even if it's 'his way', it's completely inappropriate.

I'm sorry, I know I'm being pretty dogmatic about this situation, but it's a big problem. The boss is obviously taking advantage of his power to get away with what he wants, and it's unfair on everyone else.

I can completely see you point rennyren but at the same time I can completely understand why this girl doesn't want to make a big deal out of this, particularly if she is a temp and this man is high up in the organisation - I am by no means saying what he is doing is in anyway acceptable but she would put herself at risk of being embarrassed by the man and a bad reference could ruin her chances in the future. Again I must stress I do not agree with his actions, I can just understand why she is not drawing attention to the matter. I am glad she's leaving.

Yeah, I understand that, and I've been in the same position, but how would she feel if he was doing it to somone else, only he took it too far with her? I get that it's scary, but he shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

It would be very difficult for her to prove, as I mentioned I think his status would make it easy for him to discredit her, a permanent staff member may have a slight chance but temps just don't have any authority, my sister was a temp in february time but unfortunately they are disposable. Obviously she would have to be heard but I don't know that they would take her seriously enough. It is incredibly sad that she has been treated like that and she has felt she had to leve because of it but all I'm saying is that I can understand why she didn't want to make a huge issue out of it.

Archived