Support Group

Dan F

Mar it's your wedding. I know his parents are helping to pay for it, but it's not HIS wedding. YOU should be inviting whoever you want to. It's totally understandable that you don't want your family to feel overwhelmed! Don't listen to him and don't let him get to you. As hard as that may be.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, These seem like absolutely minor problems compared to what some people have to go through, but I have 2 problems with The Sims 2 PC Game at the moment and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have lost my manual for The Sims 2: Nightlife, and So, I can't play it anymore, as the code to install it is on the back of the manual. If anyone has a copy of a code, could they please PM me it, please, please, please?! :(

Also, Today I brought The Sims 2: Seasons and when I play it like the walls, the ground and the pool go red, purple or black and keep flashing. Its really annoying and I was wondering if anyone knew whats causing this and how I can make it go away?

Thankyou xxx

The walls going red means that your graphic card is too small, so you need to get someone to install a bigger graphic card on your PC or just cope with the red walls.

Mar - it's your wedding and you should invite people that you and your fiance want there, no one else. The parents had their weddings, this is yours. I know it's hard, but you have to speak up and tell them how you feel.

And to add to that post:

I'm just depressed. I don't even know why. I hate my life. I don't know why that either. I just feel useless and pathetic and I'm tired and I can't even write, because everything I write is crap at the moment. I never feel like this, I hate it.

Not being able to write is the worst :(. Or not being able to do anything that you love, and usually gives you joy and self-esteem... Maybe we're so far into a pit of despair that we don't feel we deserve those positive emotions right now, so we're deliberately blocking ourselves from being able to create and therefore being able to praise ourselves for a job well done... hm.

This may seem lame or... I don't know... stupid, to some people... but I've been reading Brian Froud's book "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" lately, and I find this entry helps me out quite a bit...

The Faery of Dark Despair

darkdespair_big.jpg

"She throws her spell of introspective darkness, and you sink deeper into the shadows of despondency. Her enchantment may last for just a few hours...or for many years. Yet the hue of her wings reminds us that there is always hope in the midst of hopelessness."

:)

This may seem lame or... I don't know... stupid, to some people... but I've been reading Brian Froud's book "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" lately, and I find this entry helps me out quite a bit...

The Faery of Dark Despair

darkdespair_big.jpg

"She throws her spell of introspective darkness, and you sink deeper into the shadows of despondency. Her enchantment may last for just a few hours...or for many years. Yet the hue of her wings reminds us that there is always hope in the midst of hopelessness."

:)

:) Wow! There's something to remember :wink:

Mar - A friend of mine went through a similar thing but it was the grooms mother that was the problem. She was trying to take over and wanted to invite the world and his wife (i.e. random relatives who no one had any contact with for years) but the people who were getting married wanted to keep it a low key affair as they were getting married in Cyprus. Anyway to cut a long story short it looked like she wanted to invite as many people as possible to show off 'her little boy' on his wedding day (he is an only child so this didn't help). My friend and her husband stuck to their guns and in time she came round to their way of thinking and the wedding turned out great. They all get on fine now and it hasn't ever been brought up again.

So what I am saying is stick to your guns - it's yours and T's wedding and it should be exactly like you want it to be. Give it time and T's dad will probably get his head around it and understand your reasons for wanting it this way. I'm not sure if his reasons for wanting more people there is the same as I have described above but it is often the case with parents where big events in their childrens lives are concerned. I think the combination of time and T and his mum talking to his dad and explaining your feeling on a one to one basis will help the aleviate the problem. I hope so anyway and I hope your wedding turns out just like you want it. :)

Ok, I think I need advice :)

Last year My best mate got together with this lad who was a total scum bag, he treated her like dirt and slept with her best mate plus his ex GF who is now carrying his child.

I told my mate that I coudn't stand him and tried over and over to tell her what he was like but she didn't listen.

Her family tried talkin to her and everything but nothing was going to stop her seeing him.

I fell out with my best mate because I couldn't bare being round her when she was with him.

He carried on chaeting and she eventually split with him but then last month she found out she had Clamida the STI.

She was going on about how much she hated him but I so knew she still wanted to be with him becayuse all she did was talk about him.......

Now yesterday he started talkin to her on msn and he gave her his new number. She prointed out their conversation that they had on msn but I knew she wasnt telling me everythin.

I enventually saw the whole conversation and she has told him she is pregnant with his KID.

When she isn't.

I really don't know what to do :wink:

I realy feel like telling her its me or him :(

I really don't know what to do :(

Archived