Support Group

Dan F

Yeah, I guess. I've set up a LJ for crafty-stuff which has a post with stuff for sale, but, I can't expect my acquaintances to buy stuff to make me feel better.

Sorry, just in a crappy mood today.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea, on the sewing and sales front.

How about making online bars, with the logo design you put on your things, and letting some of us use them on other boards we visit. That way it gets to others around the web and may help.

Plus you could easily sell some of your things on ebay!

I don't want to know my 8 year old niece anymore. Same goes for my sister, for letting her turn into a spoilt chav.

She just had a temper tantrum and hissy fit that has left my Dad in a temper, my Mum feeling disappointed and me feeling like disowning them(not the 'rents). It worries me when the 'rents get hurt by those two and because of this I really shouted at niece before walking out.

It would not have happened if my sister cared more about her kids and less about having a ****ing life.

:(

That's the problem with my sister and her kids too. She's one of those "talk to them like they're 4 weeks old" and not talk to them like they're kids and needs rules.

When the kids are with us *alone* we talk to them harsh when theyy do something wrong (hitting, biting etc etc) but she does the whole "don't bite your brother, he dosen't like it".

Dad got mad at her because they way she did it didn't work, and then yesterday I found her talking to them harsly when they did something wrong.

----

We had the same with my cousin and her kid, she didnt start talking to before he was 10, so by then he was a little brat.

All I can say is talk to her sister, make her understand that she's actually hurting her child by making her to this little brat, and that it's wrong. Kids shouldnt be brought up as brats, they should be brought up so they can grow up, not continue being a kid.

Hi guys, prepare yourselves for this long post. I have a close friend that i grew up with, in fact he lived two houses away from me, we attended all the same schools. And we sort of lost contact at the age of 17 yrs as he had his life, and i had mine, and we both moved in different circles, as he is gay. And i am straight and married, but this has nothing to do with what i am saying. The problem is, he became a nurse two years after me, and his placement was on the same ward i was working on. We became great friends again ,we had such a laugh together and the rest of the staff. But unfortunately both Robert’s parents passed away in the last three years, and they were still my neighbours, as i bought a house on the avenue where i was born. And Robert took it very bad, i should have seen the signs then, but as he is a very nervous person normally, i did not see what was coming. To make a rather long story short, he has become addicted to pain killers. He is under a investigation from the NHS, and is on full pay since last sep. I never thought he would be the type to do this, as he always seems under control. He is in the proceeds of having his home and car taken away from him. I was told by him the money he gets from work is not enough ( as he is under investigation) so he is on half pay. But i had a chat with his older sister and brother, and he told them both different stories. Beside his phone and gas being cut off, so has his virgin media internet. He is just waiting for the people to turn up, and throw him out. But this is my problem, he came to my home the other night, to ask to use my pc, for him to check his e-mail. But i was logging what he done, and he ordered very strong pain killers from the net, and i could see the excitement in his face when he was doing it. I know what i should do, as i had a right go at him for doing it, and also the disrespect for using my pc to ordering it. But what i want is advice about is, we both have the same GP, so will i be a total b**ch if i tell our General practitioner, that Robert gets his meds from the net. As it is obvious that he has a problem.

I am asking you all this,, but i think i already know the answer to what i should do.

But please stil reply. Emma

^^It's a very stressful situation and you're obvisouly faced with a really tough decision, but I think you should trust your instincts, follow your heart and do what you think is right.

Im not sure if that's very helpful but that's what I think you should do.

I hope everything works out. :)

Archived