Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Problem: I've never been Ms Popular but I have a few good friends and now I'm starting to realise that they aren't even my "friends". They're constanly putting me down, trying to embarrass me and general being b*tchy. And I'm fed up with it so now when they are trying to put me down I generally try and act like it doesn't bother me or I say something about them. But it does and its really starting to get me down so now when they are having a conversation I stay quiet and hope the don't say anything about me. I'm becoming really quiet and shy which isn't like me. I'm trying not to think about it........ but its all I can think about!

Thats my situation at the moment. I dont know how to handle it its way complicated. This year I've made two knew Friends and made up with Two old Friends and we go around in a Five-some in School. But they are always making fun of me. Well, not Sarah or Emma1. But Ciara is mean and Emma2, who is usually nice goes along with what Ciara does, even when she dosnt like her that much.

Tom’s not well at all; :( I first thought it was because of his little accident. He had on Friday. His body ached yesterday, but he was okish!.

But this morning, after he had a restless night. I have the weekends off from getting him up. A home support carer came to dress him, she told me to come and look at him. He has a red rash on his back and front of his upper body, also a temp and stomach pains on and off, also his joints are still sore. He has got a chesty cough too. Think he prob has a virus!

Looks like a few days off school. He is just bothered, that he will not be well enough to go to Chancet Wood next weekend. Esp. as his girlfriend is in too (not as if they don’t see enough of each other everyday at school :rolleyes: ). Bless him.

I so hate when he gets ill, esp. when his chest is involved. I'm such a worry wart! Because every time, he gets a bad chest it means his lungs are getting a wee bit worse.

I know its OTT but I always think the worst is going to happen. Esp. When he’s ill with his chest. You know!!

It's hard to, keep been positive all the time.

I know I got a few great friends on here, that have, and do give me great support in my darkest moments.

I so miss having a partner to comfort and help me through Tom and his illness...

I can't imagine what it must be like for you, Di. *hugs* My prayers and thoughts are with you and Tom.

Lol, typical male...is just bothered that he can't see his girlfriend. :P

I really hope things improve for you. x

I just emailed someone who I haven't heard from in about three to four years. I don't know if it is still there hotmail email address or if it expired a long time ago. I guess I should start from the beginning.

When I first started on the internet I joined a Buffy message board. It was there I had the time of my life. I met the most awesome people and they helped me get through life. She was one of these people. We started emailing each other every so often. She had no computer at home so emailed from work. She used to say that the emails made her day less boring. We would discuss anything, mainly fandom (Roswell & Smallville). I used to send her emails late at night with pictures in them so she had something pretty to see in the mornings.

Anyway, we chatted almost every single day and everything was going okay. It was about a month before my birthday and I got a mobile phone. After I sent her the number the emails got less and less until one day she sent me an email saying that she was being careful about emails from work but would still contact me. That was the last time I heard from her.

She had my home address and she had my mobile number but I heard nothing. It took me a long time to get over the pain. Though I never met her in person I still considered her my lifeline.

For the last few weeks I have been thinking about her (I'm putting it down to rewatching one of our favourite shows, Roswell). Remembering our conversations. I was scared incase something had happened to her and I think part of me wants an explanation on why she abandoned me with no word. On the Buffy message board we met on, they have recently done something to get older members to get in touch.

So this evening I have looked around on the internet. I have found her work email but I also found an old hotmail email. I'm hoping the hotmail account is still active but I am not holding my breath.

She used to work at the University of Leeds and, according to the website, she still does.

Am I being stupid? Emotional? :blush:

At first I thought maybe something had happened to her. Then I thought about the possibility that she was dodgy. Now I've seen that she still works at the same place it's kind of freaky.

I'm debating on whether to send an email to the work account.

Do we have anyone here from the Uni of Leeds? :huh:

Archived