Support Group

Dan F

One of the staff from school died last night; secondary bone cancer...she was only 46, she's left behind a 10 year-old daughter and a 15 year-old son...the school is falling apart at the seams...

How awful, no age is it. Did you know her Jess?. Tom kinda knows how you might be feeling!!, as think I mentioned a bit back? He lost someone close to him, a long term night staff member at the respite who looked after him passed away. Her family have given the donations from her funeral to the young children at the respite centre.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Di: Yeah, I knew her...our school is tiny (there's about 300 pupils from 2-18) so you know everyone really well... None of the teachers are coping; her and the Headmaster were really close, best friends, and so all the teachers have just gone into meltdown.

Yeah, I remember you saying about Tom's staff member, it's just really horrible thinking what her poor daughter is going through...and the fact that she beat the cancer once and it came back and got her...

I think her funeral is going to be pretty soon, school will be closed for a while, I'm hoping it will help everyone to come to terms with what has happened...

Well sometimes its easier if you all close!! at least you kinda know what each other is feeling, and can help comfort each other esp with it been a very close and small school. There is prob a much more of a personal effect on everone as say! if it was a high school!!

It is easier, because, as you say, we all have each other for support...but, seeing the Headmaster and his Deputy crying is so hard...today was slightly better, the woman's daughter was in school (she's only in Year 6), I guess it's easier to be distracted than to be sitting at home thinking about it all day; there'll be plenty of time for that soon enough.

*hugs*

Once I had huge problem, and it was a Eating Disorder...

It was horrible, It happened when I was 14 and now seeing Maddy on HAA made me relive the awful Moments...as loads of people have said, if you are making yourself throw up get help Please. You can only take this from a Person who has been through it.

I didn't eat for 3 Days strait, I swapped my Lunch in School, i 'ate'(or threw it in the bin) my Lunch and Dinner in my Room...then I started to get hungry so I stuffed myself and then got violently sick. It went on for weeks, and I was getting reasonably thinner. Until after a few months my Friend said to me "Kat, are you waring such baggy Clothes?" and I tried to come up with an excuse...but she pulled up my Jumper and was shocked. You could count all my bones and I must have been a terrible sight. I also started to get Pains and I was rushed to Hospital when I nearly Collapsed. I NEVER want to go through Anorexia again.

If anybody has a Problem, ask me. I got help from a Psychiatrist and she made me appreciate how I look.

She said the most common reasons for Eating Disorders were trying to impress a guy, having a bad feeling about yourself, emotionally confused and so forth. She asked me if My reason was one of those. It was all Three.

What I'm trying to say Is, Anorexia is Horrible, NEVER try a Eating Disorder. Appreciate who you are, because you are Special in your own unique way.

Okay, I feel like this i slike the smallest problem in the world, and you probably couldn't care less, because there are people with so much bigger problems out there, but I'm gonna share it anyway...

I feel like I've lost almost all the motivation to get up in the morning! Don't get me wrong, I don't want to kill myself or anything, it's just I feel like all the good things in my life are disappearing.

For one thing we used to be three girls that always hung out together. We had so much fun, and I have known one of them for 15 years. Now we were split up when we started school, and I'm just with one of my friends (the one I've known for 3 years) and the third of us (the one I've known for 15 years) has started hanging out with other people.

And then there's just the thing about feeling good at something. Even though I have worked my butt off my grades are dropping. I used to be really good in Norwegian and English, but now I've dropped 2 grades in English and 3 (!) grades in Norwegian. I also used to be good in drawing, and arts in general, but now that's no longer a subject. Luckily I have managed to "replace" these things with this forum (seriously my favourite part of the day is when I see that someone has commented my artwork or fan fiction!)

I know this is stupid, but it's not like I need to be best in everything, it's just I wish there could be ONE thing I could be really good at (and people told me) without people automatically assuming that you're a geek.

And then there's my family. I guess I've never felt that close to them, my sister has always been the nice one, while I am the stubborn, a bit weird and different one. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have traded my life for my sisters, she's so boring! but I was happy with not talking that much to them (Even though it might seem so in this post I HATE talking about feelings, I just suck at it, especially face to face. I'm too sarcastic) but lately they have been pushing me, as soon as I enter a room I get a million questions. How was work? What did I do? How was school? Did I have any tests? How are my friends? How are my grades? Did I have a nice day. No matter what they say I just wanna tell them to shut up, I'm so sick of answering their questions, because they don't get me!

They don't get my art, and they definately don't get my writing (the way I write, not the writing in general, my father is an author)

I hate school, and it seems like none of my friends get along. Seriously, it's SO hard to get up in the morning! I just wish I could stay home all day, watching daytime tellie and surfing the net or sit in my bed and draw, write or design, or go out with one of my friends.

As I said, I know this isn't a big problem, but I posted it anyway. I never talk about this stuff, so I guess I had to get it out somehow.

(Maybe I should make a job of supporting People with Problems :P )

Eli, I see youre Problem, its not really that minor. If you dont wanna get out of Bed-take a break! Then just...dont get out of bed. Take tomorrow for instance-have a nice long lay in, do you're art and watch TV. I know how you feel about Sister god sometimes they get on you're nerves. I never felt close to them or my Parents. We are just part of that little 10% of Teens who dont feel close to their Family.

plan a day with things you like doing best, and about the FRiends-all I can say is try and make loads and loads and try and understand you're other Friend who has gone off with others. Why did she? Did you have a fight?

Best solution to Problems are working them out logically, step by step.

(Maybe I should make a job of supporting People with Problems :P )

Eli, I see youre Problem, its not really that minor. If you dont wanna get out of Bed-take a break! Then just...dont get out of bed. Take tomorrow for instance-have a nice long lay in, do you're art and watch TV. I know how you feel about Sister god sometimes they get on you're nerves. I never felt close to them or my Parents. We are just part of that little 10% of Teens who dont feel close to their Family.

plan a day with things you like doing best, and about the FRiends-all I can say is try and make loads and loads and try and understand you're other Friend who has gone off with others. Why did she? Did you have a fight?

Best solution to Problems are working them out logically, step by step.

I know why we've been drifting apart from each other, it's just because we hardly ever see each other in school, and we all got to know new people (it's a pretty big school). I understand her, I mean we can't expect her to put her life on hold and don't hang out with other people than us, but it's just sad that things have to change.

Hopefully we'll reconnect a little soon, the three of us are gonna hang out together, just the three of us (we have a tradition with just the three of us watching movies like bring it on and legally blonde together instead of having a party when it's somebody's birthday.) and watch the Legally Blonde movies and eat pizza to celebrate my birthday.

About the break thing: I do that pretty much every weekend, but it's not working. The week is still a nightmare. When Saturday comes I pretty much lock myself in and draw, write and surf the internet all day.

I know how you feel Eli. We were alwasy this big group of 4-5 people. It was just us and we were always together.

Then we slowly started to drift apart, and of course it was because of one boy (well acually he was a man :P) he ruined my bestfriends life and he ruined our friendship.

Afther that the rest of us started to drift apart and now 3 years later it's like I don't know my bestfriends anymore.

I had this really really great friend in the 9th grade, we were together all the time but when he heard what she was doing behind my back and always using me to get to things. Then one day I just couldn't cope anymore with her so I stopped being with her. And it took me almost a Y-E-A-R to go out and try to be with my friends again because she messed out so many things in my life.

And now after I started on school again (studiespesialisering) we are one class but all the subjects (helse og sosial , tipp etc) and I just can't cope with having no one to talk to because we're 5 girls on my group (aka one is always left out)

I know this is just rambeling, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about.

On a regular week I can wake up, go to school, watch h&a, go to sleep, wake up, watch tv, and then go to sleep. I'm just out on mondays and Thursday babysitting.

On Fridays I just go out to meet the people who gets home from school, and then I'm usually home around 12. And then on Saturday and Sunday I'm home..

----

I've also had some problems dealing with my emotions and stuff and I hate talking about it to my friends (those who I have left) but I like writing it down and drawing, that's how I deal with my problems.

But then one day some weeks ago I was with my sister, and we started talking about stuff, and then I just had a break down. I started crying and couldnt speak because of it. But after that I felt so much better. I didn't believe it when she said it, but it acually helps to talk about it and the next day I felt so much better! So if you have someone to talk to then talk to that person and try and explain why you do this and that. And if you need someone to talk to just add me on msn :wink:

Archived