Support Group

Dan F

I am so sorry for your loss. You're being incredibly brave about it and dealing with it exceptionally well. Your friend would be proud. :)

Its not brave and thats the thing I'm not really dealing with it at the moment - I just feel numb...

I've lost a friend but can you imagine what her mum and dad and family have lost - I feel so selfish when I think about it!!!

I found out last night from her mum it was Debbie's decision to end it - She was in far too much pain and asked the doctors to turn of the machines that were helping her to breathe... Such a brave young lady!!!

Im truely going to miss her!!!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss dazza...don't feel guilty though...you are just as entitled to grieve as any one else...her parents are grieving the loss of a much loved daughter and you are greivng the loss of a dear friend...they may get some comfort from knowing how much other people cared...sharing ones grief and celebrating the life of someone you have all loved...albeit in very different ways...can be scary...but also very beautiful in its own way.

Feeling numb is normal...you are going to feel a whole lot of different emotions over the coming weeks and months...numbness..anger.....acceptance.....think about all sorts of "what ifs"...about things you wish you had said...its all part of the process...and then back and forward again ..all sorts... grief is a bit like a roller coaster...your friend sounds like an incredibly brave young woman ...perhaps it would help to think about how she would want to be remebered.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sorry for your loss. You're being incredibly brave about it and dealing with it exceptionally well. Your friend would be proud. :)

Its not brave and thats the thing I'm not really dealing with it at the moment - I just feel numb...

I've lost a friend but can you imagine what her mum and dad and family have lost - I feel so selfish when I think about it!!!

I found out last night from her mum it was Debbie's decision to end it - She was in far too much pain and asked the doctors to turn of the machines that were helping her to breathe... Such a brave young lady!!!

Im truely going to miss her!!!

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, Dazacoulls. I admire your friend for being really brave. Like Frankie said, feeling numb is just one of the feelings you'll be feeling. Telling you that you'll get over it would be lying because you never really get over it [A really good friend of mine told me that]. However, I find that what brings comfort the most is thinking about the good times that you've shared with her.

No, you're not selfish at all.

I seriously thought I was getting better, but today has been the worst day in, I think, more than a year. I've been very self-destructive: suicidal thoughts, a bit a of self-harming, a few panic attacks, uncontrollable sobbing, and binge eating. I wanna throw up, but I've never been able to make myself do that. Yet. I hate throwing up, but I hate myself more.

self-destructive: suicidal thoughts, uncontrollable sobbing, and binge eating.

We all have bad days hun, hope a better day is just around the corner for you. Yeah know what you mean about ^^ .

Having a bad few days myslef, well a couple week actually myself ,fed up of being ill,down,crying. Also coming to terms with my new I mean mis diagnosis ,beating myself up about things, blame myself for my past. I can't wait for treatment to start so I can have a 'normal' life again. What ever 'normal is!! as 'normal' for some might not mean it is for others!!

Thankfully!! for me!! bless his cotton socks, I have Mark! helping me via webcam. Thanks Mark hun :wub: . Its still hard as I'd have loved to have had comfort of a hug (esp hard when a few!! thousand miles seprates us!!), well a fare few hugs and back rubs actually. Esp as been sick alot this week.

A hug might be a small thing to some, but a way big comfort to ohters, Never under estimate the power of a hug people .

Awww I remember when I first got mine and I was just like you, really embaressed incase it happened at school or something. You might feel like that now but give it a bit of time and you won't even think about it, it'll just be that rather annoying thing that happens every month. Oh and about it happening at school, don't worry about that. As long as you wear pads or whatever you use then it should be fine, nobody will notice anything different.

aww sweety, you dont have to feel embarrased about it even tho i can totally understand why, i remember when i first started mine when i was 13 and i was in my maths lesson... i felt soo embarrsed too but like belle said you will get use to it and you wont even think about it! :)

Archived