Support Group

Dan F

That's great that you've managed to beat anorexia and bulimia, hawfan2006! :D And it's also great that you're turning your negative experiences into positive ones by using them to help other people; you're the best person to help these people - you know what they're going through. :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad we can all be mature about these things on here, and help eachother out. Some of the kids at my school were being idiots and laughing about anorexia/bulimia, and it just made me angry. it's great you've recovered though, you must be a really strong person!

I'm glad we can all be mature about these things on here, and help eachother out. Some of the kids at my school were being idiots and laughing about anorexia/bulimia, and it just made me angry. it's great you've recovered though, you must be a really strong person!

That's just cruel, it's nothing to laugh about :angry:

like marieh said that is very cruel, its not nice, people like that dont know how hard it is to cope or deal with it, your better off surrounding your self around people who make you happy sweety, yeah it was hard to recover and every now and then i have my slip ups like yestaday but then i remind myself of what happened last time and that i've come to far to go back now and that always helps me in away. thats why i made a support board for it to help other people as i wanted to help other people out and try to stop them going down the road i went.

hope everyone is well :)

x

This might sound like a really strange thing to ask but does anybody have any idea how long it takes to recover after an operation on the brain, ie to remove a tumour?

It's just my Mum has a brain tumour and we think her operation date is going to be round about the 15th December and she's worrying herself to death that she won't be okay for christmas.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this and had any idea what the after effects are like? Thanks.

Boyfriend's mum had brain-surgery and it shouldn't take any longer than other kindsof operations... But, check with the docotr :)

The Doctor can't really tell us much because she has high blood pressure and epilepsy so she's a huge surgery risk. It's been put back three times and they don't really know how she'll react to it.

How long does normal recovery take Merc? I've never really known anyone who's had an operation before.

Archived