Support Group

Dan F

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to sound really stupid - I was a bit envious to see that Harry and Megan had had a little boy. 

I thought that I had come to terms with the fact that we don't yet have kids and then it pops up out of nowhere and I have to deal with it all over again. 

Yuck. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2019 at 05:19, Sunny Girl said:

This is going to sound really stupid - I was a bit envious to see that Harry and Megan had had a little boy. 

I thought that I had come to terms with the fact that we don't yet have kids and then it pops up out of nowhere and I have to deal with it all over again. 

Yuck. 

I'm sorry. ? I don't know your situation but I hope things work out for you. x

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I live with his ex. Originally we lived by ourselves and we loved it but she wanted to go on the lease with us so we all moved to a new home that would be suitable for the three of us. 

My partner and I share the cooking and cleaning between us. The only this that his ex doesn't lift a finger and is the laziest person I've ever come across. If she wasn't his ex, then I would have had words a long time before now. 

I guess I just feel that we are been used, that's all. 

Any suggestions? 

9 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

My partner and I live with his ex. Originally we lived by ourselves and we loved it but she wanted to go on the lease with us so we all moved to a new home that would be suitable for the three of us. 

My partner and I share the cooking and cleaning between us. The only this that his ex doesn't lift a finger and is the laziest person I've ever come across. If she wasn't his ex, then I would have had words a long time before now. 

I guess I just feel that we are been used, that's all. 

Any suggestions? 

Save money to get your own place again I don't know if that's for the best Sounds like you were happier then though 

Maybe the ex could move somewhere close by then you can hang around together without the house sharing 

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm - Don't think that the three of us would hang out if we weren't sharing a house together. 

Another thing - The ex is seeing someone she met online who has a wife. 

I feel terrible for the wife and don't believe in affairs or being disloyal to your partner at all. 

So I am not happy with the fact that she (my partner's ex) is seeing someone who has a wife or partner. 

I can't do anything about it though, can I?

Sorry - Just needed to vent. 

2 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

Hmm - Don't think that the three of us would hang out if we weren't sharing a house together. 

Another thing - The ex is seeing someone she met online who has a wife. 

I feel terrible for the wife and don't believe in affairs or being disloyal to your partner at all. 

So I am not happy with the fact that she (my partner's ex) is seeing someone who has a wife or partner. 

I can't do anything about it though, can I?

Sorry - Just needed to vent. 

I'm not sure what to suggest with living with your partner's ex...it seems really odd to me though? Is she not able to rent a place on her own or maybe do a house share with some people? I would definitely recommend talking to her about chores though...maybe you could all set up some sort or rota on who does what when, or say she has to clean up after herself at least like do her own dishes, keep her own room tidy etc? When does your lease end? Could you maybe suggest at the end of it that she finds her own place? Maybe come up with some excuse like you want more privacy or would like to find a place smaller/larger, closer to work etc?

I don't think there's much you can do re: the affair (especially whilst you're all living together as it would definitely cause issues and tension). Unless you have proof like screenshots of texts or photos you could send to the wife?

15 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

I realise Lunar that there's nothing I can do about her having an affair. It really isn't any of my business, either. 

And it looks like taking the lease on ourselves is our best option, when the lease is up for renewal. 

Good luck with it all with getting your own place and I'm sure you can all hang out together still if you wanted too 

19 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

I realise Lunar that there's nothing I can do about her having an affair. It really isn't any of my business, either. 

And it looks like taking the lease on ourselves is our best option, when the lease is up for renewal. 

I hope it all works out for you! Hopefully the wife will find out somehow on her own.

Archived