Deep In My Heart

Guest Tasha

lol thanks Laura :D Next chapter. Now i only wrote it because a friend, not from this forum, pestered me too :D Sorry if its long, but as i said before, i suck at cutting things down :P

Chapter 3

The next morning, Martha woke up still smiling from the night before. She couldn’t stop thinking about Jack all night, about those beautiful brown eyes, great sense of humour, and most amazingly, that sexy Jack Holden smile that makes her heart melt every time she sees it. Her thoughts were disturbed by the phone. Martha looked over at her bedside clock and noticed it was 7:30am. Who the heck is calling me at this time of the day, she though to herself giving an annoyed sighs.

“Yes?” She asked groggily.

“Sorry cuz, did I wake you?” asked Ric

“No, sorry, I was about to wake up anyways,” she replied, “What’s up?”

“Umm…well we were wondering if you want to come over for breakfast,” Ric asked, “Sally made a lot, and well since it’s your first day in Summer Bay, why not spend breaky with the family?”

“Ummm…yeah sure, I’ll be there in half an hour. Bye!” Martha replied while hanging up the phone. After a nice hot shower, Martha put on her favourite blue summer dress, which sat just above her knees. Noticing she had taken longer then expected to get dressed, she quickly grabbed her mobile, bag and keys, and headed out the door.

The elevator stopped at level 6 and Jack walked in wearing his police uniform.

“Hey you,” Jack said with a smile. Martha just died inside. Damn that smile of his, she thought smiling back. “You look great, got a date?” Jack asked, and Martha just laughed.

“No, not a date, just going over to Granddad’s for breakfast”

“Well don’t eat too much; we’re still on for lunch right?”

“Of course, where are we going by the way?”

“Oh just this little Italian Café Restaurant up near the water,” Jack replied, “You’ll love it.” Martha nodded and smiled. Then they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways, both still smiling, excited about their lunch date.

After breakfast, Ric and Martha went back to Martha’s apartment, since Ric was anxious to see what his cousin blew over a million dollars on.

“Wow, this place is amazing,” Ric exclaimed while looking around the apartment, “You’ve really done well for yourself Mac.” Martha smiled and nodded in thanks. For the couple of hours, Ric and Martha played a game of pool, in which Martha kicked Ric’s butt, talked about Maddie, Jack, Martha’s ex-boyfriends, and her life in the City, and watched 7th Heaven, Martha’s all time favourite show.

It was now 12:55pm and Martha had totally forgotten about her date with Jack. Lucky for her, Ric was there to remind her.

“Umm…aren’t you meant to meet Jack at 1 for lunch?”

“OMG! Yes! Oh God, what if he thinks I stood him up” replied a worried looking Martha. Ric just rolled his eyes, grabbed Martha’s things and the two of them were running out of the building like a speeding bullet. At 1:10pm, Martha finally reached the diner, and saw Jack sitting on the bench looking sad. She said goodbye to Ric and headed over to him. Jack looked up with a smile on his face.

“I was beginning to think you stood me up” laughed a relieved Jack.

“OMG I’m so sorry I’m late, I was hanging out with Ric, and I lost track of time and-”

“Hey, it’s ok,” said Jack, “you’re here now and that’s all the matters, now come on, we’re going to be late for our reservation.” Martha just smiled and followed him to his car.

It was quite beautiful, the kind of place Martha likes to go to - at a cute little Italian Café that was situated near a wharf by a river. Jack and Martha took their seats outside on the terrace. After taking their orders, they sat there talking and getting to know each other even more. Martha was amazed at how comfortable she felt around him, being able to tell him everything. They spoke about their ex’s and their lives growing up.

“OMG so you went out with Luke Albett?” Jack asked. Luke plays for the Sydney Swans, Martha’s favourite footy team.

“Yeah, we went out for about a year,” Martha told him, “we met through friends. He’s a great guy, and we’re good friends now. Maybe I can get us some tickets for some Sydney home games next season for us.” Jack was amazed. He loved the footy, the Swans being his favourite team as well. He was even more amazed that a beautiful girl, who modelled for a living, was so into sports.

“That’ll be awesome.” Jack replied with a smile. They spent the rest of the lunch just talking.

After lunch, the pair went to the Surf Club to have some afternoon drinks.

“Do you want to play a game of pool?” Jack asked Martha.

“Ummm…I’ve never really played before,” she lied, “I’ve always had a real bad sense of aim.” Jack just laughed, telling her that he is the King of Pool, and will be honoured to show her some moves. Martha just smiled. She look her stance holding the stick in her hand ready to hit the white ball, when Jack shook his head and told her she was doing it all wrong. Then she felt Jack’s hand hold her both of hers as he stood closely behind her in the same position as her. She could feel his warm breaths on her neck, she felt as though she was in heaven. Martha turned her head to look at Jack, who was still standing close to her, looking deep into her eyes. Right then and there, all she wanted to go was kiss him, and all Jack wanted to do was kiss her. She has the most beautiful blue eyes I’ve ever seen, he thought to himself. But their thoughts were disrupted by a voice.

Next chapter

- What could ruin this perfect moment?

- Can Jack and Martha hide their feelings for each other any longer??

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived