Deep In My Heart

Guest Tasha

Ok heres the next chapter. Sorry if its a bit long, but i suck at shortening things :P Enjoy!

Chapter 2

“OMG Kim,” Martha said as she went up and hugged her ex-boyfriend. She hadn’t seen Kim since the day he left her 5 years ago.

“You two know each other?” asked a curious Jack, who was starting to feel jealous.

“Martha and I dated in high school for about 2 and half years,” Kim began to explain as they all sat around the sofa. “Martha and I had been friends for years. We met in year 6, and went to high school together.

“Kim had a crush on me all throughout year 6 and 7,” Martha continued, “but he never had the guts to ask me out. He always got shy around girls, it was quite amusing.”

“Kim? Shy around girls? That the understatement of the year. His like a babe magnet now,” Robbie said, while laughing.

“Shut-up Rob,” replied an embarrassed Kim. “Anyways, towards the end of year 7, I finally asked Martha out, well I asked her to the end-of-year dance, and from then onwards we were together, and we were happy.” Martha smiled at the memories. Those were good days, she thought to herself. Jack noticed the smile, and he started to feel even more jealous. I wonder if she still has feelings for Kim, no, it was 5 years ago, she cant, can she? Jack just shook his head, trying to get the thoughts out of his mind.

“But then half way through year 10, my dad was transferred to Summer Bay High, so obviously, against my will; I had to come, leaving my life and Martha behind.” Kim continued, with a sad smile on his face. Then Martha’s phone rang, so she excused herself and walked outside. Jack watched Kim face, and his eyes followed Martha walking out the door.

“Do you still love her?” Jack asked. Why the heck I just asked that, he thought to himself.

“I don’t know,” Kim replied, wondering himself if he still loves her, “I guess seeing her again after all these has brought back old feelings” Maybe I do still love her, Kim thought to himself. Jack recognized the look on Kim’s face, the look of love. He does still love her, Jack thought to himself, oh boy. Everyone then started to talk among themselves, Kim particularly sitting there talking about his past with Martha and how much in love they were. Jack couldn’t take it anymore; the jealousy had taken over him.

“Ummm…sorry guys, but I have to go, got an early start tomorrow,” Jack said. He said his goodbyes and started to walk out the door, deep in thought, which were disrupted when he walked into Martha, knocking her to the ground.

“Oh sorry,” Jack said, helping her up. Martha just laughed, making Jack smile. Why does she keep doing that? How does she make me feel like this? Jack kept asking himself.

“Going already?” Martha asked, sounding a bit disappointed. Jack picked up on this.

“Yeah, sorry, I have to go to work early tomorrow,” Jack replied, “but I finish at 12:30, so would you like to have lunch with me?” God, I hope she says yes, he thought.

“I’d love to,” Martha said ecstatically. Jack laughed.

“Cool! Ummm…diner at 1?”

“Ok cool, see you then, cya” Martha replied.

“Bye” Jack said as he walked out the door.

Martha went back to join the others with a huge smile on her face. She was really excited about her date with Jack tomorrow.

“Hey,” Kim said as Martha sat down opposite him, taking a sip from her wine, “must have been some phone call, because I have never seen you smile like that.” Martha sat there looking confused.

“Phone call?” Martha asked. She was too excited about her date with Jack tomorrow that she forgot about why she was outside in the first place. “Oh that, no that was just a friend from the City, calling to see if I got here alright.”

“Then what is with the big smile?” asked a curious Robbie, “would if have something to do with Jack?” Jack? Why would Martha be happy about Jack? Kim thought to himself. Martha just smiled and nodded.

“OMG, did he ask you out?” asked a now excited Maddie.

“Yes, we’re having lunch tomorrow,” replied an even more excited Martha, “he is so sweet, loving and caring, I’ve never felt like this about anyone.” That was not something Kim wanted to hear, but Martha was too caught up in her own world to even realize what she was saying. So it seems that Martha has no feelings for me whatsoever, Kim thought to himself.

“OMG, Ric!” Martha exclaimed, running up to her cousin, giving him a hug. It has been years since she has seen him, and she has missed him very much.

“So, where are you staying?” Ric asked.

“Oh I bought an apartment at the Summer Bay Apartment Complex, the one opposite the beach,” Martha replied, “its beautiful; you should come see it soon.”

“Oh, Kim and Jack live in that building too,” Luc said, butting into their conversation, “which floor are you on?”

“Umm…the top floor,” Martha replied shyly, and watching everyones’ reaction. The top floor of the Summer Bay Apartment Complex was a very expensive, million dollar penthouse, with everything in it. Damn, that girl is rich, thought a very shocked Kim. For the rest of the night, everyone just chatted, getting to know Martha and catching up with each other, enjoying the night. I think I’m going to like it here, Martha thought to herself.

Next chapter

- The date :D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived