Deep In My Heart

Guest Tasha

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yeh, sorry guys but i wont be updating till sometime next week if i dont tomorrow. Depends on what time i get home from my cousins tomorrow, but i'll write it up while im watching my friday night movie before Veronica Mars :D But i dnt know what to write, and my brain isnt working too well :P But i'll try get it up by tomorrow night, otherwise you might see it next tuesday or wednesday :D Sorry!!

Aiite, i know in the last chapter i said that J/M might take their relationship to the next level, but then people started telling me that they were too happy and didnt want that, so i changed it, and well people who dont like them being happy, toughy, 'cause if i do decide to continue this fic, and dont hold you breath, they'll be happy, unless i think of a way to make them unhappy :P Anyways, heres the new chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 8

The next morning, Martha changed into her jogging clothes, and jumped into the elevator, where which she met Jack half way down.

“Morning beautiful,” Jack said greeting his girlfriend with a passionate kiss on the lips. Martha smiled at the touch of his warm, soft lips, something she loved very much.

“What time you finish work today?” asked Martha. She wanted to ask Jack over for dinner, but needed to know what time he finished.

“Umm…6 o’clock,” Jack replied, “Why?”

“You wanna come over for dinner? I’m cooking.” Martha replied with a smile. Jack laughed, accepting her offer. He agreed to be at her place at 7pm, placed another kiss on Martha’s lips, and headed to work.

At 6:30pm, Jack was finishing up his paper work, when the station received a call about a break in at the local bank. McGrath demanded for Jack to come along, much to Jack’s dismay.

“But Sir, I have a date, in 30 mins, I need to go home and get ready,” Jack argued back and McGrath wasn’t happy.

“What’s more important, Holden, some girl or your job?”

“But-”

“Holden, get in the car, now!” McGrath yelled. Jack could do nothing else but follow his boss’s orders. On the car ride to the crime scene, Jack tried calling Martha, but her home phone was always busy and her mobile phone was turned off. So he had no choice but to call Kim and ask him to tell Martha that he’d be late.

Meanwhile, back at Martha’s penthouse, she was busy in the kitchen preparing dinner, and talking on the phone to her brother, Macca, who lived on a farm in QLD with their dad. Unbeknownst to Martha, Jack had been trying to get in contact with her the whole hour she had been on the phone. Realising the time, it being 7:30pm now, she hung up and wondered where Jack was. She tried calling his mobile, but he wasn’t answering. Gosh, I can’t believe he is standing me up, what a jerk. It was now 8 o’clock and still no sign of Jack. Grabbing herself a Vodka Cruiser, Martha plonked herself on her sofa and watched replays of the cricket.

Hearing a knock on the door, and thinking it was Jack, Martha went to answer the door, only to find Kim standing there.

“Kim, hey, what brings you here?” Martha asked surprised.

“Hey, Jack called me and told me to tell you that he couldn’t make it tonight because he had to work late.”

“Right, so he is a jerk, he doesn’t even have the decency to call me and tell me himself. No, he has to call you and tell you to tell me. Well thank you Kim, and tell Jack to call me when he gets his priorities straight, now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to be alone.” And with that, Martha slammed the door shut and walked back to the couch, allowing the tears to fall down her face.

Just as Kim was about to set foot in the door, he heard the elevator door open and saw Jack stepping out.

“Hey man, what you been up to?” Jack asked Kim as they sat on the couch with beers in their hands.

“Oh, I just went to see Martha. Mate, she seemed pretty upset, and told me to tell you to call her once you’ve gotten your priorities straight.” Kim explained.

“Did you tell her that I tried calling her, but couldn’t get through?”

“Yes, but she didn’t buy it,” Kim lied, “I’m sorry mate.” Jack just sat there looking confused. He was uncertain as to why Martha was upset. It wasn’t like he did anything wrong. Go see her you idiot, before you make things even worse, Jack thought to himself. So he walked out the door, and went to the corner shops and bought a bouquet of lilies for Martha.

A half hour later, Martha opened the front door, red eyes from the tears she cried, to find Jack standing on the other side of the frame, with a bunch of flowers in hands. But Martha just rolled her eyes; she was clearly not in the mood. She was tired and had been humiliated in front of her ex-boyfriend, and Jack was the last person she wanted to see, so she attempted to close the door. However, as if Jack knew what she was going to do, he put his foot next to the frame so that the door wouldn’t close. Unfortunately for Jack, Martha had closed the door pretty hard, so his foot was aching in pain, but Jack just ignored it.

Limping into the kitchen, Jack placed the flowers in a vase that he found in one of the cupboards, and sat the vase on a table near the entrance. Before he went back to the lounge to talk to Martha, he grabbed an icepack from the freezer to heal his sore foot. Martha saw that Jack was in pain, but she wasn’t going to give in, even though she wanted to. She could tell that Jack was sorry; she could always tell what Jack was feeling, and so could Jack. The redness of Martha’s eyes were a dead give away that Jack had really hurt her, and sitting on the sofa mending his foot wasn’t going to help; he had to say something, and he had to say it soon.

“Look, I’m so sorry. I tried calling you, on your home phone, which was always busy, and your mobile, which was switched off. But I did try call you for an hour, and you never answer, so-”

“So you had to tell Kim, right? Do you have any idea how much he would of loved that? To see someone reject me, to see me upset. To him it will just be a big I-told-you-so. He doesn’t want us to be happy, and he’ll do anything to break us up, and so far he’s winning Jack. And yes maybe you did try to call me, but you could have tried harder. I spent hours preparing a meal for us, only to have it wasted,” Martha said looking towards the dining room, trying to hide the tears that were welling up.

Jack followed Martha’s gaze, and realised the time and effort Martha must have put into the dinner. However, the candles, that once burned a beautiful essence, were blown out, the chilled bottle of champagne, now gone warm, and the delicious looking lasagne, Jack’s favourite dish, sitting cold and unwelcoming. Dammit, why do you always have to screw up, Jack. You really are an idiot, Jack thought, groaning silently to himself. “I’m sorry,” Jack said softly to Martha. She looked up at him and saw that he really did mean it.

“I know you are, and so am I. I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. And I guess I should have at least kept my mobile on,” Martha said with a small smile. “Look, I’ve had a long day and I’m really tired; do you think we could talk tomorrow?”

“Of course,” Jack replied, placing a soft kiss on Martha’s cheeks, “Good night.” And with that, Jack limped out of the door and into the elevator. He had a lot of making up to do for Martha, and Jack had every intention to that tomorrow after work.

Next Chapter

- What has Jack got planned?

I LOVED IT TASHA!!!!

TOTALLY GREAT!!!

YOU BETTER UPDATE or I WILL BE MISERABLE!!!

lol i totally agree! :lol: that was fantastic hehe

Jack is such a cutie :wub: i want to take him to show and tell! :wub: i wonder what he has planned?? better be good!

Archived