She's leaving Home

Guest Andy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They dont make neighbours for Australia!

they make neighbours for the UK.

Its very popular there unlike home and away.

They just show neighbours in Austalia, mind you its ratings have improved here too.

That's because Neighbours in on the BBC in UK - HAA is on five, which has less % audience share - If HAA were on ITV again, neighbours would be pulled from the BBC completely, as its absoultely crap! Britsh public really need to wise up....just like the aussies already have!

Um no....

I have friends who live in the UK.

They have tryed putting home and away on normal channels that everyone can see before.

It dosent work. My friends tell me that most UK's hate home and away over there and see it as a cheap version of neighbours who try too hard to be like the OC!

Ooo and trust me ive seen the ratings of both neighbours and home and away in the UK.

I dont want to shock you guys as home and away is so popular in Australia so i wont put them down,but lets just say neighbours have about 3-4 million more veiwers!

But anyway,

Kate Ritchie is leaving very soon not in five years who ever said that!

She will be finishing up soon and is moving on to do greater things.

Oh well no more Sally.

I think I'd rather take the word of someone who lives in the UK than someone who has friends in the UK.

Well of coarse everyone on here is going to say home and aways really popular in the UK because their alll home and away fans. But thats not the reality of it.

Not everyone in the UK has channel five the channel home and away is screened on.

Neighbours usually is on the best channels, its BBC over in the UK and channel ten over in Australia.

Channel ten has better shows than channel seven and is more fun to watch. :lol:

Anyway, i havent heard any channels in the UK are fighting for home and away like their all fighting for neighbours that just prooves which is more popular.

Anyway, i havent heard any channels in the UK are fighting for home and away like their all fighting for neighbours that just prooves which is more popular.

That would be because the rights aren't coming up for renewal like they are with Neighbours. Five have committed to H&A for as long as it is made, and pay for more than half of the production costs.

Actually I think you'll find the reason that Channel 5 screens Home and Away is because they outbid ITV for the rights to it. When Home and Away was shown on ITV it was pretty equal with Neighbours as far as ratings go. Yes its ratings are now lower than Neighbours that is due to Channel Five being a much lesser watched channel, Home and Away taking a two year break so many viewers lost touch with it and the Simpsons being screened at the same time. Neighbours has nothing to compete against and has held the same timeslot for so many years of course its going to be more popular.

I'm from the UK by the way.

When I looked on the BARB site during the late 90's, which wasn't Home and Away's greatest era, Neighbours had 1-1.5 million viewers than Home and Away.

Incidentally, whilst the first airings were similiar in size, the second airings in the Evening is where Neighbours got a greater number of viewers, of which I was one.

Home and Away won over Neighbours at the UK’s Soap Awards quite a few times when it was on the other channel (in the 90's), I remember watching the acceptance speeches on a video clips site once.

I reckon people in the UK just don’t give it a go, From people I have spoken too over the net, they immediately say 'nah H&A is a rip off...they always copy storylines from neighbours'...my reply to that of course is that they are entirely different shows. But then they say 'but they take themselves too seriously'.

Home and Away won over Neighbours at the UK’s Soap Awards quite a few times when it was on the other channel (in the 90's), I remember watching the acceptance speeches on a video clips site once.

I reckon people in the UK just don’t give it a go, From people I have spoken too over the net, they immediately say 'nah H&A is a rip off...they always copy storylines from neighbours'...my reply to that of course is that they are entirely different shows. But then they say 'but they take themselves too seriously'.

Both shows seem to copy eachother.

Neighbours sort of copyed the Kim, Hayley and whatever the other dudes name is in the baby drama storyline, but then again the chopper crash in home and away totally screamed out the neighbours plane crash which was filmed and aired before home and away even filmed it. And the neighbours characters were lost at bush just like the home and away ones who had copied, so the UKs know what their talking about there.

I think the real difference between home and away and neighbours is.....

Home and away uses violent storylines with alot of murders, accidents, stalkers ect.

Neighbours is more lade back and investiagates all sorts of storylines.

They have violent sort of storylines but they also have alot of drama.

In Summer bay something bad has to happen every week which makes the show even more unbelievable and soaps are supposed to atleast remind you of everyday life.

Archived