She's leaving Home

Guest Andy

She's leaving Home

Herald-Sun

7 December 2006

IT seems the talk is true -- Kate Ritchie will leave Home and Away after 19 years.

Fans were in a spin last Friday after the cliffhanger showed her character, Sally Fletcher, slumped on the ground followed by a video montage.

"It's been a fantastic experience, but now I think I might be ready to look past that," said Kate.

"In order to grow creatively you need to spread your wings.

"While the public might have me typecast, I know in my heart I'm not just that little girl who grew up on Home and Away."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because she's been there a long time it's going to be harder for alot of fans. Especially the ones that have watched the show for years. Izzy was just there for a few years. It will be different once she's gone. Very different. She's like the last standing Fletcher member left in Summer Bay, the same family which began the show... Once she's gone the show will lose it's orignal spark. I hope these articles are false.

Because she's been there a long time it's going to be harder for alot of fans. Especially the ones that have watched the show for years. Izzy was just there for a few years. It will be different once she's gone. Very different. She's like the last standing Fletcher member left in Summer Bay, the same family which began the show... Once she's gone the show will lose it's orignal spark. I hope these articles are false.

How can they be false if the journalists interveiwed her, and it has been published in the paper...

Archived