POSSIBLE 2007 SPOILER

Guest Shane&Angel4Eva

Wasn't sure where to post this. Pls move if incorrectly placed.

Kate set to leave Home

From Sydney Confidential

December 06, 2006 08:19am

AFTER a record-breaking 19 years playing Sally Fletcher, Kate Ritchie is ready to begin life away from her home on the set of Summer Bay.

Ritchie, listed in the Guinness World Records as the longest-serving actor in an Australian drama series, is reassessing her professional career and seeking "new opportunities" away from Channel 7's soap staple Home and Away.

Currently enjoying a five-week break following what she called "a really big year", the TV star yesterday revealed that she wants to be perceived as someone other than "the little girl who grew up on Home and Away".

"It has been a fantastic experience but now I think I might be ready to look past that," Ritchie, 28, told Confidential.

"In order to grow creatively you need to spread your wings.

"While the public might have me typecast, I know in my heart I'm not just that little girl who grew up on Home and Away."

Speculation surrounding Ritchie's departure from the show has snowballed since Seven aired the cliffhanger series finale on Friday night.

In its closing scenes, Ritchie's character Sally lay slumped on the ground after being stabbed and a video montage of nearly two decades of her series highlights played.

Channel 7 refused to comment on Ritchie's suspected exit from the show and would not discuss details of her contract with the network.

"Kate Ritchie's contribution to Home And Away over the last 19 years is deserving of the greatest respect and celebration," a Seven spokesman said yesterday.

Home and Away is slated to return to our screens in mid January.

Archived