Kate Ritchie ready to leave

Guest brenton_06

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARTICLE FROM WWW.NEWS.COM.AU

AFTER a record-breaking 19 years playing Sally Fletcher, Kate Ritchie is ready to begin life away from her home on the set of Summer Bay.

Ritchie, listed in the Guinness World Records as the longest-serving actor in an Australian drama series, is reassessing her professional career and seeking "new opportunities" away from Channel 7's soap staple Home and Away.

Currently enjoying a five-week break following what she called "a really big year", the TV star yesterday revealed that she wants to be perceived as someone other than "the little girl who grew up on Home and Away".

"It has been a fantastic experience but now I think I might be ready to look past that," Ritchie, 28, told Confidential.

"In order to grow creatively you need to spread your wings.

"While the public might have me typecast, I know in my heart I'm not just that little girl who grew up on Home and Away."

Speculation surrounding Ritchie's departure from the show has snowballed since Seven aired the cliffhanger series finale on Friday night.

In its closing scenes, Ritchie's character Sally lay slumped on the ground after being stabbed and a video montage of nearly two decades of her series highlights played.

Channel 7 refused to comment on Ritchie's suspected exit from the show and would not discuss details of her contract with the network.

"Kate Ritchie's contribution to Home And Away over the last 19 years is deserving of the greatest respect and celebration," a Seven spokesman said yesterday.

Home and Away is slated to return to our screens in mid January.

bye sally. you were one of the very few brilliant actresses on h&A.

I hope this posting of mine does not offend any readers because it is just my view.

I posted this article from www.news.com.au to stop all the conspiracies about whether or not Sally died or not, and this article to what I have read has just started new conspiracies about Sally onto the fire.

Im a long time viewer of Home and Away and I can't believe that people have said that just because at the end of the season finale there was a montage of Sally life she is DEAD and have said for here to R.I.P

Get Real - Home and Away is a soapie drama and the montage was placed at the end of the season finale to raise emotions from viewers (because lets face it how was not shock by the montage) and was aimed at raising all types of conspiracies about Sally's life. And the most important factor why the season finale was so heart wrenching was to give viewers a reason to tune in next year, because without rating Home and Away would not have been on-air for 19 years.

This article about Kate wanting to leave Home and Away may be genunie because Kate is human and the show is not her whole life and she may want to leave the show before the age of 65 (Just imagine Sally on Home and Away in 2043) and people must keep in mind that fact that when people will Fisher, the first Pippa, the second Pippa and Bobby just to name a few left the show there has always been talk that the show will go down hill however this has never been the case because the writers on Home and Away are great and creative and in no time the old characters are forgotton for the new ones who always bring their troubles and sercets to the bay.

If you look outside the square at this article from this extact Ritchie, listed in the Guinness World Records as the longest-serving actor in an Australian drama series, is reassessing her professional career and seeking "new opportunities" away from Channel 7's soap staple Home and Away.

What does the word reassessing or reassess mean

Reassess is to revise or renew one's assessment, reevaluate,assess, evaluate, valuate, value, measure

Having this definition in mind Kate is reevaluating her life and where or not Home and Away is still going to be a part of her life in the future.

THEREFORE (and this is not another conspiracy this has been thought out)

SALLY DOES NOT DIE FROM BEING STABBED BY ROCCO BECAUSE KATE IS REASSESSING HER LIFE TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT SHE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE SHOW AND THEREFORE BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENCE IN THE TIME OF PRODUCTION AND AIR TIME SALLY WILL NOT DIE FROM BEING STABBED.

Thats not to say that sometime in 2007 Sally is cold bloodedly murdered by her long lost biological brother that Sally never knew she had. (This may happen because Kate at the moment is REASSESSING her life on the show and she may decide to leave sometime in 2007)

I hope this posting again has not offended any readers in any way because GET REAL Home and Away is a soapie drama and one minute there can be an love triangle the next the can be an unexpected prengancy or an earthquake, bushfire, cyclone, madslide or divorce.

JUST A LAST QUICK NOTE

VOTE FOR KATE RITCHIE FOR THE 2007 GOLD LOGIE voting starts early 2007.

Brenton, I couldn't agree with you more.

Each time I read these interviews Kate has given I become more convinced that it is Channel 7 using (maybe the wrong word) her to hype up the 2007 series.

Kate may well choose to leave at some point in 2007 (if you recall very few major characters have left at series end - Ailsa, Bobby, Don, Barry, Jessie to name but five all left in mid-year), but I would be stunned and amazed if they killed Sally off, as I am sure they would love to be able to dangle the possibility of a Sally return in front of viewers for some time to come. To support this theory, I would also add that Kate seems hesitant about her future, and therefore I can't see her wanting to close the door permanently on a return.

Having said all that, if Kate does decide to leave, as someone who has watched H&A since Episode 1, I wish her all the best in whatever she decides to do, and hope that she has the opportunity to show what a wonderfully talented actor she is!

(By the way, as a resident of the UK, I can't vote in the Logies, so can people please put in an extra few votes for Kate for all of us Kate fans over here!) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived